2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Black or Tusk white Limited

8K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Waldo 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

My wife and I narrowed down color choices. We have looked at photos on the forum and dealer lots. Surprisingly we have not been able to find a black pacifica. My question is does anyone have some pictures of tusk white limited with the brown or white interior or the black limited with the brown or white interiors? Again I looked through the photos section and found a few in tusk white but no black and brown combo. we are hoping that we can pick an exterior and interior color in the next few days and find a similar car!

Thanks in advance!

JL

#2 ·
If you are picky about a particular color, why don't you ask your dealer to order a car for you. You can have everything to your liking. The only downside is that you will have a wait a few months and you may not get as much great deals as they give for those already on the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gohawks1224
#5 ·
Agreed. I ordered Tusk White Touring L Plus on Feb 1st and it is scheduled to ship Monday, Feb. 20th. It was in Paint status this last Tuesday.

#3 ·
I have the Tusk and it is an AMAZING color. I love it. Black is black and fine if you like it. But the Tusk is just unique and very very cool.

Wait....I want to stay unique. Get the black! >:)

#6 ·
Yeah what you said... so imagine my disappointment when, my town that has maybe 2 Pacifica's driving around (20,000 residents and a military base), I saw the lone Tusk White Touring L at my dealer was sold. This comes two weeks after I ordered my Tusk White. So now there is two of us! The other two colors are Cordovan and Granite.

#4 ·
Hi jldowling,

I see you're from Florida as am I. I don't know what part of Fla you're in, but here in Central Fla, the Ocala area Phillips Chrysler has a Tusk Limited with white interior, and a Black one with white. Then south of us in Fruitland Park, Bill Bryan Chrysler has several Tusk three with white interior as well as a couple with the brown. You can view pics on line of both dealerships. They're all sharp and you can't go wrong with whatever you choose. Good Luck.

Reactions: jldowling
#7 ·
I love my Tusk white, I ordered it and knew it would be different and that is how I like it. It looks to be different colors in different lights.

Attachments

#8 ·
I test drove Black Limited with Mocha interior and I thought it was beautiful except for the dash. I love the darker seats but I don't like that color on the dash. However, I'm not a big fan of the almost white seats in a vehicle designed to carry children. They look amazing now, but I'm not sure that will be case in a few years. In the Hybrid the choice was made for me since I didn't have a choice. Our dealer had a couple Tusk White ones. My opinion is it's an "interesting" color. I tend to lean towards the darker colors, but the Tusk was a color that made me take another look at. I think it's one of those colors you love or hate. But if your in FL, White will be cooler, and it's always easier to keep it looking good. If you're torn, those two points would have me leaning Tusk if I were you.

#9 ·
My philosophy on car colors... Lighter=better strictly from a cooling-down perspective in the hot summer sun.

If you leave your car outside, uncovered in direct sunlight, I have found a difference in the interior temperature of the car with a white/light paint color as opposed to a darker one... and the car seems to cool-down quicker (may be biased observation - hard to know) when the AC is on.

That, and just leaning-against the vehicle that's been baking in the sun... white seems to not be an issue... black can hurt like a sunnuvab**h if you place skin against it.

Just **MY** 2-cents. :)

#10 ·
Tusk white is great for 2 pretty significant reasons:

1. aforementioned temperature issue. Light colors without doubt are cooler; tusk white is far better even than light silver as it will reflect almost all colors in the spectrum.
2. Tusk white can go a long time between washes without looking grubby

black is diametrically opposite

#11 ·
I have owned 3 black vehicles in my time and after each, I said never again. The last time, I meant it. shows dirt, dust, water marks, scratches, swirl marks etc. Yes, hot as well. Just not for me.

#12 ·
I have never (personally) owned a black vehicle... owned some dark colors, but not black.
I have numerous friends that HAVE owned black vehicles; an old Baracuda, '89 Mustang, '88 Pontiac Formula 350, Audi "something-or-other", BMW, Infinity and finally a Jeep.

It is unfortunate and surprising how "unforgiving" a black finish is. As others have said... it shows dirt more than a light color, swirl-marks, water-spots, dust, dirt, pollen, scratches, scuffs... it just shows EVERYTHING.

I have even been told that (and I do NOT know this to be substantially relevant) the finish of a black car *CAN* be prematurely ruined if you are one to first: A) Park in direct summer sun and then B) routinely get your car washed via cold water (tap temperature) at the car-wash every week or more. It was *SAID* that the rapid temperature changes and resulting metal contraction can adversely affect the car's finish because the BLACK finish gets so extraordinarily hot baking in the sun, and the immediate quenching of the water repeatedly week after week can hurt the finish.

I really do not put much stock into that LAST claim - I have no proof, it's just anecdotal... but I also cannot deny the claim either.

Having said all that - many people own and LOVE a black finish. A good friend of mine, his last 4 cars have been black... a Saab, 2 BMWs and an infinity. He loves it. (he leases via his company... VP of sales - hence the high turnover)

Get what you love. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.