Do you regret purchasing your Pacifica? - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:32 PM

rkalla,

Well said. FCA's reputation when it comes to reliability is not good - we've experienced it first hand with our Jeep - many weeks at the dealer over the course of 2+ years of ownership. That being said, our family prioritizes buying American and reducing our carbon footprint so the Pacifica Hybrid fits the bill perfectly.

I can only hope that Chrysler is earnestly trying to improve this aspect of its vehicles - its long-term viability as a company depends on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:33 PM

But to oversimplify: The thread was not asking for pros/cons or objective reviews of what we think so far... there are LOTS of threads here where we discuss things we love and/or things we'd like to change or improve. The question of this thread was a simple yes/no question:

Do you regret purchasing your Pacifica...?

"I'll procrastinate later..."
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitter View Post
Are there MORE problems with the Pacifica compared to an Odyssey or Sienna? Are the UConnect kinks worked out now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificaLimited View Post
But to oversimplify: The thread was not asking for pros/cons or objective reviews of what we think so far... there are LOTS of threads here where we discuss things we love and/or things we'd like to change or improve. The question of this thread was a simple yes/no question:

Do you regret purchasing your Pacifica...?

She didn't really ask just a simple question did she?

At least a couple of members have written that they regret their purchase. It would take some searching to find the posts as they seem to have disappeared for the most part. Whether the regret was the heat of the moment of dealing with an issue they considered major, it's been fixed, or it left them stranded in the middle of nowhere yet to be found, is a mystery someone else can work to resolve. Still the vast majority, even those with many issues or repetitive issues, seem to be pleased with their purchase. I think the OP is looking for the reasons and explanations "hoping someone might be able to alleviate [their] fears...." I doubt either a "yes or no" answer would suffice.

As for me, I find the detailed and well written responses very helpful and appreciate those who take the time to submit them.

post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:01 PM

A Poll should have been attached to this thread

It's not a minivan it's a large wagon
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:15 PM

There are reliability problems and there are birthing problems. Birthing problems are largely confined to the first year of any vehicle. Reliability is a long-term metric. Consumer Reports can only speak to past experience. It's predictions are like the stock market:: "past performance is no guarantee......" so I would take them with the proverbial grain of salt.

I would encourage anyone considering a Pacifica purchase to read about Jessica LaFond, the lead engineer on the Pacifica project. This person passed on promotions so she could see the Pacifica to completion. I am a believer in personal drive; I don't much like product development by committee and the succession of managers typical in long-term projects. Both suffer from the all-too-common problems of evasion of responsibility.

Ms. Lafond's passion and commitment says a lot about the vehicle. It's on her shoulders and she did it well.
Rogus, x95stacey, MikeyG and 1 others like this.

LTD, Tusk White
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:25 PM

Everyone. Don't take the bait. Nothing insightful or helpful will come out of this thread.
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudoun View Post
I would encourage anyone considering a Pacifica purchase to read about Jessica LaFond, the lead engineer on the Pacifica project. This person passed on promotions so she could see the Pacifica to completion.

I didn't know about Jessica LaFond. Thanks for sharing her name. Here's a link to an article about her:

Jessica LaFond served as Pacifica chief engineer from start to finish
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:31 PM

purchasing

I bought mine in july and love the darn thing.It is the best car I have ever owned.My first non gm was a 2013 town and country best car I have ever owned.I had to do a lot of soul searching to go away from gm but wanted a van as it is so practical fof me and the wife.
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:37 PM

Garage
No regrets thus far, considering this is my first minivan.

It's a far fetch from the Saabaru wagon that was traded in, and commuter 93 Civic CX that is as bare bones and basic as they come.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:21 PM

I am an extremely picky buyer when it comes to autos -- the styling has to first of all attract me , or else nothing doing . As someone else here said , Pacifica attracts you to it - the styling is way superior than anything else on the market . when you walk towards or away from your shiny new car and you don't feel proud of how it looks, doesn't matter what other features you have inside. On that score Pacifica has been nothing but a delight for the last couple of weeks .

I test drove like 12-13 other vehicles - large SUVs included. For the love of God , I could not figure out what makes a suburban mom or dad go through the torture of loading their 3 kids into the claustrophobic chevy tahoe or mazda cx-9. Minivan is just so much much better -- and de - stressing for a busy parent. And when you can make them look as good as the Pacifica , it becomes a no brainer , for me at least.
80085 and soconnorny like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page