Chrysler vehicle order tracking system - Page 3 - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhound22@@ View Post
doses anyone know how long on average a vehicle sets in the storage yard In Chicago before they ship it to dealer or a phone number to call.
I asked the dealer what railpoint his vehicles came from (mine was KCMO), its a Norfolk-Southern yard so I sent the VIN to them asking for railcar information, they responded and I got updates every morning as it went through the system. Somehow mine got marked as "hot" (not sure whether the dealer did that or my pestering Chrysler Customer service everyday had an effect), but it moved quickly onece it got on the train. My dealer did say that they cannot go to the railpoint and get vehicles as they did in the old days, the unions pitched a fit, SO FCA will arrange the trainyard to dealer leg of it.

Hope that helps
post #22 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mine is waiting for quality control check and then it will be shipped out. So far the build sheet and vin trick goofydisneydaddy posted haven't returned anything. I'll keep on trying in the hopes that it is still hasn't updated. My wife is getting excited about her new ride.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #23 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpilot View Post
Mine is waiting for quality control check and then it will be shipped out. So far the build sheet and vin trick goofydisneydaddy posted haven't returned anything. I'll keep on trying in the hopes that it is still hasn't updated. My wife is getting excited about her new ride.
Nice. What was your order date?

Ordered 9/19/16 -- Built 10/7/16 -- Delivered 10/27/16:
2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

post #24 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Nice. What was your order date?

Mine was ordered on 07/23/16. Pretty quick build I guess?

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #25 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, that's not bad at all. Not sure why some seem to go quickly while others take longer. I would have thought there might be one part that delays the builds, but it seems like it's the loaded Limiteds that are actually going through quicker.

post #26 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah...who knows how long from rail to dealer will take...I think our region goes to dallas and then goes by truck to dealer.It could still be some time.

post #27 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofydisneydaddy View Post
I found the only chat people helpful and easy, but at the end of the day they had very little actual information. The ordering process is basically as follows:

1) You order and get VON
2) A VIN is generated
3) You go to D1 status (scheduled to be built)
4) You car is assembled going through E (Frame), F (Paint), and G (Trim)
5) Your vehicle is released by the plant (KZ) and shipped (KZM)

The vast majority of the ordering process will be spent in D1 status while you wait your turn to be built. You can pester the chat line and your dealer for an estimate -- but it is just that, an estimate. The system really doesn't tell you much. One time the Chrysler chat person told me "oh, your vehicle has been in D1 for 28 days and the max is 30, so it will build next week." FALSE, it was not. Another time, a very helpful person from chat said wow, you've been D1 for a while, let me see what is going on and contact you later. The next day I got an email from him and he found out my vehicle would be built the week of 8/8. FALSE, as on Friday, 8/14 I was still D1. But, he was close as it was built the next week.

Once the vehicle is being assembled, going through E, F, and G only takes 1-2 days and things go quickly from there. So, there is really not much to track -- just am I D1 or am I assembled?

The good news is you can track that yourself. Within 24-48 hours of assembly, you should be able to view your Build Sheet by going the following address (NOTE, this is not a hyperlink. Copy this into your web browser and REPLACE "XXX" at the end of this with your VIN):

http://www.chrysler.com/webselfservi...ervlet?vin=XXX

And, about 24-48 hours after that, you should have your Window Sticker at the following address:

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/window...Pdf.do?vin=XXX

Once you have these things, your vehicle is likely on the way, and your dealer should be able to give you an ETA for actual delivery. Your van is also probably showing on the dealer's website as in transit at this point.
Quote:
Quote:
I just wanted to say thanks to goofydisneydaddy for the info about build sheet and window sticker. Woke up this morning and refreshed the build sheet tab on my browser to be greeted by a 9 page build sheet. Probably the longest build sheet I have ever seen on a vehicle. Hope to see the window sticker info pop up in the next 24-48 hours.

post #28 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 01:34 PM

We just ordered a Blue/Black Alloy Limited (everything option except block heater and vehicle tracking, vacuum delete-wanted spare) yesterday and I received the VON. What's the typical timing for getting it scheduled for build and a VIN? Once I get a VIN, I assume I can call in and get the status?

Thanks Guys!

Rick
post #29 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhex View Post
We just ordered a Blue/Black Alloy Limited (everything option except block heater and vehicle tracking, vacuum delete-wanted spare) yesterday and I received the VON. What's the typical timing for getting it scheduled for build and a VIN? Once I get a VIN, I assume I can call in and get the status?
I was able to get the VIN within a few days of placing the order. But then it just sits in D1 status with no further information for a while. You can do a chat or call and ask for updates, but they just say that it's in D1 status and they won't no more until it's built.

post #30 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 01:45 PM

Thanks for the information.

I'm a preferred supplier, and they entered my order as priority code 99, not sure if this means anything?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page