Almost 10k off MSRP every trim level - Page 2 - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:24 AM

That is often true. The NE Ohio dealer I mentioned above however says "everyone qualifies for this price, no exceptions".
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 06:01 PM

where do u see the manuf date onthe window sticker, i dont see it on the online downloadable stickers....

yeah so i was wondering about gilroy...i live in orange ca, 350 miles away from it... im obviously tempted by their lower numbers but i dont want any BS if i have to spend a day or 2 for travel and bickering with the dealer...i want to go in , hand them a check and leave
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 06:25 PM

I'm working with a car ordering service called cartelligent. You pay them $300-$500 and in exchange you don't have to step foot in a dealership. They find you the best price, physically go get the car, prep all the paperwork, etc. They also find you the best deal for your trade-in, which is rarely from the same dealer where you buy your car. I haven't finalized my order yet, but so far working with them has been great.

I contrast working with Cartelligent versus my experience trying to buy a Pacifica last fall from a Chrysler dealership in the Bay Area. It was such an awful, slimeball experience that I walked out. I decided I had to order from cartelligent because I loved the Pacifica but physically couldn't bring myself to going into that dealership again.

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 08:33 PM

ive heard of this...i shall research
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHfan View Post
I'm working with a car ordering service called cartelligent. You pay them $300-$500 and in exchange you don't have to step foot in a dealership. They find you the best price, physically go get the car, prep all the paperwork, etc. They also find you the best deal for your trade-in, which is rarely from the same dealer where you buy your car. I haven't finalized my order yet, but so far working with them has been great.

I contrast working with Cartelligent versus my experience trying to buy a Pacifica last fall from a Chrysler dealership in the Bay Area. It was such an awful, slimeball experience that I walked out. I decided I had to order from cartelligent because I loved the Pacifica but physically couldn't bring myself to going into that dealership again.
Which dealership in the Bay Area was it? Would be good to know which dealer to avoid.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:36 AM

Stevens Creek Chrysler. The first salesperson was actually fine, but then I got handed off to a different salesperson for the price negotiation.

He did the usual talk with manager routine, then comes back with "best I can do is 45k". I politely mentioned to him that this car is on their website for 41k. Said that price is crazy, no way he can do 41k, must have been a typo. At that point I asked for the manager because this guy was obviously wasting my time. Manager acts like he can do me a big favor and sell the car for 41k. Then I show him the truecar from his dealership saying 37k. He laughs and says that price is crazy, no way he can do 37k. At that point I left.

This was back in mid-November and they still haven't sold the car:

New 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring-L Plus For Sale in San Jose CA |
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubpower View Post
where do u see the manuf date onthe window sticker, i dont see it on the online downloadable stickers....

yeah so i was wondering about gilroy...i live in orange ca, 350 miles away from it... im obviously tempted by their lower numbers but i dont want any BS if i have to spend a day or 2 for travel and bickering with the dealer...i want to go in , hand them a check and leave
I was just going by the VIN numbers. My manufacture date is 9/16 so just looked at all the sequence numbers higher than mine.
I'm not saying they aren't slimeball car salesmen because for the most part they are. I'm just saying that they stay pretty much with their advertised price.
They discounted a truck for me pretty heavily as well but I ended up buying it out of state

2017 Pacifica LX
2016 Ram 2500

Last edited by Razorbackfan; 01-13-2017 at 01:47 AM.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubpower View Post

Look at the number under S.L. near the barcode in the lower left. This is a date. I don't know what it actually means but it's about 1 to 2 weeks after the build date. E.g. my build date is 11/28 and the number under S.L. is 1208.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 03:01 AM

Quote:
He did the usual talk with manager routine, then comes back with "best I can do is 45k". I politely mentioned to him that this car is on their website for 41k. Said that price is crazy, no way he can do 41k, must have been a typo. At that point I asked for the manager because this guy was obviously wasting my time. Manager acts like he can do me a big favor and sell the car for 41k. Then I show him the truecar from his dealership saying 37k. He laughs and says that price is crazy, no way he can do 37k. At that point I left.

Did they really try to sell you the car at over $3K over MSRP?
Sometimes, you wonder how these dealers can make money. Are there a lot of suckers in the world? In this case, no since they haven't sold it yet.
Was The Truecar price the actual offer on the same car? If they don't honor it couldn't you report it to TrueCar?

I had a similar experience with Orange Coast Chrysler. They wouldn't budge on the price until I pointed out they offer it on Truecar for less. Then he offered me the TrueCar price. It wasn't a bad deal but it didn't make sense to me since if I did go through TrueCar, I think they need to pay a finder's fee of some sort. Then he tried the old dealer cliche "It's below my cost..."
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 12:59 AM

They tried to sell it for over MSPR?? That is crazy! Slime balls.

Quote:
Stevens Creek Chrysler. The first salesperson was actually fine, but then I got handed off to a different salesperson for the price negotiation.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page