Leasing the Limited - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Leasing the Limited

Anyone mind sharing their lease numbers for the Limited? I'm planning on lease one and would like to know what others are getting. Also any tips on getting a better lease deal would be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited by mrwho; 01-09-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:50 PM

I am also planning on leasing a Limited and would like to know what other people are getting as well.

Nevertheless, I am seeing and reading 10K on MSRP, plus this is a 1st year model, hence the Residual Value for a Lease should be way down after 3 years.

Plus, it seems Chrysler is not selling a lot of these as their Pacfica factory in Canada took a break in the first-second week January 2017. (To tell you the truth, I have seen very few Pacifica's on the road, JUST TWO since it was released on April 2016!!!

Likewise, I am thinking of like $299/month for a least on a 1st year model that hasn't been selling well and Fiat is like last place in reliability.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:13 PM

Garage
$299/month for a lease on a Limited is going to very hard to come by...For example, if you had a Limited that MSRP'ed around $45k, negotiated down to $35k, put zero down except 1st month's payment, 50% residual, 5% interest or .0021 money factor at 36 months, you would be around the $500's including estimated taxes (I used 7% since I live in Indy). This is just an estimation based on 15k miles per year. Even if you went down to 10/12k miles per year, you would still be in the $400's at best.

'17 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Tusk White/Mocha with stuff

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 03:58 PM

im having a hard time deciding whether to lease or not...i never have and ive read some money websites with explanations of each but its hard to decide...

some say that if for sure i will change car after 3 yrs then i should lease...but i dont know if thats gonna happen...hard to say....we typically dont changes cars often but todays cars dont seem to last that long anyways....

should i want the residual to be high or low, because doesnt my payment depend on that factor... agreed price - the residual = what the payment is with the money factor rate

at the end of the day im still paying the same numbers right?
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 07:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubpower View Post
im having a hard time deciding whether to lease or not...i never have and ive read some money websites with explanations of each but its hard to decide...

some say that if for sure i will change car after 3 yrs then i should lease...but i dont know if thats gonna happen...hard to say....we typically dont changes cars often but todays cars dont seem to last that long anyways....

should i want the residual to be high or low, because doesnt my payment depend on that factor... agreed price - the residual = what the payment is with the money factor rate

You want the residual to be higher if you want a lower monthly payment. In a lease you are paying for the difference between the sale price and the residual (plus money factor).

Ordered 12/12/16 -- Built 1/26/17 -- Delivered 2/10/17:
2017 Pacifica Limited - Dark Cordovan/Alloy
SafetyTec - UConnect Theater - Vac Delete
8 Pax/20" - Splash Guards - ESS
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAMC View Post
$299/month for a lease on a Limited is going to very hard to come by...For example, if you had a Limited that MSRP'ed around $45k, negotiated down to $35k, put zero down except 1st month's payment, 50% residual, 5% interest or .0021 money factor at 36 months, you would be around the $500's including estimated taxes (I used 7% since I live in Indy). This is just an estimation based on 15k miles per year. Even if you went down to 10/12k miles per year, you would still be in the $400's at best.
The residual for Town and Country compared to an Odyssey:
> At 36 months, the 2015 Odyssey LX has an ALG residual value of 53% to the Chrysler’s 43%
Residual Value: 2015 Chrysler Town & Country| West Michigan Honda

Based upon the above, Chrysler should offer a Limited, since a 1st Generation Model, to say, from $45MSRP down to $30K(or whatever that number should be) to get a payment of $299/month with zero down on good credit as the residual value of a 1st Generation Pacifica is going fall a lot.

In my opinion, those numbers only fair for a buyer to take a BIG chance on a 1st Generation Pacifica with Chrysler having a historically "very poor" reliability track record.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp2k View Post
The residual for Town and Country compared to an Odyssey:
> At 36 months, the 2015 Odyssey LX has an ALG residual value of 53% to the Chrysler’s 43%
Residual Value: 2015 Chrysler Town & Country| West Michigan Honda

Based upon the above, Chrysler should offer a Limited, since a 1st Generation Model, to say, from $45MSRP down to $30K(or whatever that number should be) to get a payment of $299/month with zero down on good credit as the residual value of a 1st Generation Pacifica is going fall a lot.

In my opinion, those numbers only fair for a buyer to take a BIG chance on a 1st Generation Pacifica with Chrysler having a historically "very poor" reliability track record.
Based the residual value you quoted, they would have to sell you a Limited at around $25k. At that point the vehicle purchase is being heavily subsidized by Chrysler, and devalues the vehicle line in general. There is a clear difference between what they should do, and what is actually done. If you can walk into a dealership, present those numbers on a $45k Limited of your choice, and walk out the door with the van, you'll be a forum hero...
Gohawks1224 and cp2k like this.

post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAMC View Post
Based the residual value you quoted, they would have to sell you a Limited at around $25k. At that point the vehicle purchase is being heavily subsidized by Chrysler, and devalues the vehicle line in general. There is a clear difference between what they should do, and what is actually done. If you can walk into a dealership, present those numbers on a $45k Limited of your choice, and walk out the door with the van, you'll be a forum hero...
LOL! OK, here goes....

First Generation
+ Very Poor Reliability of the Fiat/Chrysler Company
+ Lots of Limited still sitting on Dealer Lots even after 4 months.
+ Lots More Positive Media Car Reviews than actual Pacificas I have personally seen on the road since April 2016
+ Not that easy to get a Sienna or Odyssey owner to switch
+ Existing Owners of Caravan & Town Country who would be repeat Chrysler customers are getting sticker shock from Pacifica.
= $25K = $299/month lease

How's that?

Last edited by cp2k; 01-12-2017 at 09:52 PM.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubpower View Post

You'll hear tons of different advice for leasing. In the end, it's really what suits you. What I tell people about leasing, is that you really need to read up on it, and know it front to back (even knowing how to do all the calculations) before even talking with a dealer. The lure of a "lower" monthly payment, as opposed to traditional financing, really catches a lot of people off guard. You can get screwed in a lease agreement if you don't know what you are doing. You want to know the MSRP, the agreed upon "sell" price, the residual value, the money factor, and the term. From there, you will be able to calculate your lease payment. I typically pay 1st months lease payment and agreed upon lease acquisition fees, dealer fees, title fees, etc when taking delivery of the car. No additional money down.

Residual values are typically set from the lender, with most leases done under the financial arm of X or Y automotive company. In most cases, these captive leases are able to offer the best residual value, because they want the money off the rent charge and interest. You can shop through independent banks, but they don't tend to be as competitive. Residual values are "set", but sometimes dealers can take off a percentage, and drop the residual for back end money. So it is good to know what the standard value is for a certain mileage and term, and these values can be typically found on leasing forums (Edmunds tends to provide a lot of info).

Money factors are also similarly set by the lender. These money factors can be marked up for additional profit, and can vary depending upon credit rating. You should get the base rate from the leasing forums or just ask different dealers that you shop. The base rate is where you want to be, as it is effectively the lowest interest rate they offer. With a money factor of, for example, .0012, the equivalent interest rate percentage is .0012 x 2400 = 2.88%

Whether leasing or buying, my philosophy has always been to negotiate the sell price first prior to any incentives/rebates applied. That's always where you have the biggest leverage. From there, knowing what the residual is for the mileage/term sought, and also the base rate for the money factor, can be very powerful in speeding up the negotiation process, and knowing where you want your payment to be. The only other thing that could drive up your monthly payment is what they sell you (service agreements, tire/wheel insurance, etc.) on the back end of the deal in the finance office.

Last edited by AAMC; 01-12-2017 at 10:10 PM.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:50 PM

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp2k View Post
LOL! OK, here goes....

First Generation
+ Very Poor Reliability of the Fiat/Chrysler Company
+ Lots of Limited still sitting on Dealer Lots even after 4 months.
+ Lots More Positive Media Car Reviews than actual Pacificas I have personally seen on the road since April 2016
= $25K = $299/month lease

How's that?
LOL! We'll see, make sure you GoPro the negotiations and post it on YouTube: "I got a 2017 Pacifica Limited for $299/month, zero down!!!"
x95stacey and cp2k like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page