2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Leasing the Limited

27K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  coppee 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone mind sharing their lease numbers for the Limited? I'm planning on lease one and would like to know what others are getting. Also any tips on getting a better lease deal would be helpful. Thanks.

#2 ·
I am also planning on leasing a Limited and would like to know what other people are getting as well.

Nevertheless, I am seeing and reading 10K on MSRP, plus this is a 1st year model, hence the Residual Value for a Lease should be way down after 3 years.

Plus, it seems Chrysler is not selling a lot of these as their Pacfica factory in Canada took a break in the first-second week January 2017. (To tell you the truth, I have seen very few Pacifica's on the road, JUST TWO since it was released on April 2016!!!

Likewise, I am thinking of like $299/month for a least on a 1st year model that hasn't been selling well and Fiat is like last place in reliability.

#32 ·
Likewise, I am thinking of like $299/month for a least on a 1st year model that hasn't been selling well and Fiat is like last place in reliability.
Good luck with that. Here is the numbers (SoCal):

LX : 15K , 24 and 36 month
.00146 MF and 55% residual
.00166 MF and 48% residual

L : 15K , 24 and 36 month
.00048 and 56%
.00024 and 46%

L+ : 15K , 24 and 36 month
.00044 and 56%
.00017 and 46%

Limited : 15K , 24 and 36 month
.00028 and 57%
.00028 and 48%

Source

The L numbers are on identical with what I received from a local dealer in the PNW.

And that 10K off a top of the line vehicle? As they say... "Forget about it". I already highlighted the fine print with that misconception. That dealer is giving ALL the rebates and incentives and not one single person will qualify for them all... as they noted.

#3 ·
$299/month for a lease on a Limited is going to very hard to come by...For example, if you had a Limited that MSRP'ed around $45k, negotiated down to $35k, put zero down except 1st month's payment, 50% residual, 5% interest or .0021 money factor at 36 months, you would be around the $500's including estimated taxes (I used 7% since I live in Indy). This is just an estimation based on 15k miles per year. Even if you went down to 10/12k miles per year, you would still be in the $400's at best.

#6 ·
The residual for Town and Country compared to an Odyssey:
> At 36 months, the 2015 Odyssey LX has an ALG residual value of 53% to the Chrysler’s 43%
Residual Value: 2015 Chrysler Town & Country| West Michigan Honda

Based upon the above, Chrysler should offer a Limited, since a 1st Generation Model, to say, from $45MSRP down to $30K(or whatever that number should be) to get a payment of $299/month with zero down on good credit as the residual value of a 1st Generation Pacifica is going fall a lot.

In my opinion, those numbers only fair for a buyer to take a BIG chance on a 1st Generation Pacifica with Chrysler having a historically "very poor" reliability track record.

#4 ·
im having a hard time deciding whether to lease or not...i never have and ive read some money websites with explanations of each but its hard to decide...

some say that if for sure i will change car after 3 yrs then i should lease...but i dont know if thats gonna happen...hard to say....we typically dont changes cars often but todays cars dont seem to last that long anyways....

should i want the residual to be high or low, because doesnt my payment depend on that factor... agreed price - the residual = what the payment is with the money factor rate

at the end of the day im still paying the same numbers right?

#12 ·
Let's not forget these newly added points below:

+ Not that easy to get a Sienna or Odyssey owner to switch
+ Existing Owners of Caravan & Town Country who would be repeat Chrysler customers are getting sticker shock from Pacifica.

Hence, Chrysler should look again at it's entire market of customers, existing and would-be, and ask, "Ok, we know Sienna and Odyssey owners are happy with their minivans and could pay our Pacifica MSRP price. However, those Sienna and Odyssey owners demand reliability and expect good resale value and likewise be hard to convert to a Chrysler customer. They also could more easily take a wait and see approach for 2018 or 2019 version before switching.

Second, our existing Chrysler Owners might not have the financial means like an Sienna or Odyssey owner as the Pacifica now costs as much as a Sienna and Odyssey and those Sienna/Odyssey owners can at least point to reliability plus good resale value."

So could Chrysler just use sales and marketing to convince it's existing Caravan and Town and Country to pay a lot more for a minivan? Well, if they could do that, we would be seeing a lot more Pacificas on the road by now as the Pacifica was released in April./May 2016 and there are dozens and dozens of positive and great reviews since, yet very little Pacificas on the road as of today, Jan 12, 2017.

Hence, Chrysler needs a plan B as clearly what they have been doing and dozens and dozens of of positive reviews are not translating to sales.

#13 ·
I just leased my Limited. O-down, $574/month. Ally bank is offering a $5,250 reduction in the capitalized cost through 1/31. That combined with the $1,500 in rebates lowered the capitalized value by $6,750. I also negotiated and bought below invoice - $4,000 off MSRP. I did a lot of research and think I got a fair price. Also, with a lease you don't pay the sales tax on the entire cost, so that saved me another $1200. I shopped leases and loans and it made most sense to go with the lease.

#14 ·
so i am lucky enough where i could just pay for the vehicle cash in hand and not deal with leasing, financing etc.....but even there is a question of should i or not....
I want whatever will get me the best deal at the end of the day.
I feel that lets say if lease whether the residual is higher or lower, or the payments are higher or lower, that at the end of the day your still paying the same? at 40000$ van wont suddenly turn into a 30 or 50000 product based on your method of purchase right......bottom line is what u negotiate agreed price to be

right now im looking at a limited in gilroy that is around 8 off msrp per their website....ive kept my interest levels with dealerships strictly thru email without a phone number and im waiting to hear back.......there is a TL+ driving distance from me that per website is priceir than the gilroy car but is less intriguing now......im also gonna talk to cartelligent and see what their whole gimic is.......

#18 ·
so i am lucky enough where i could just pay for the vehicle cash in hand and not deal with leasing, financing etc.....but even there is a question of should i or not....
I want whatever will get me the best deal at the end of the day.
If you want the best total price, and you're willing to pay cash, you shouldn't be looking at leasing. You should be able to negotiate a good price on a purchase. Finance $5000 to get an extra $500 discount from Chrysler Capital and then pay it off the next week.

#15 ·
So far I haven't been able to get any lease numbers for a limited, but for the TL+, I've been getting a money factor of .00017 from one place and .0006 from another. Also the residuals from both places was set at 49%. This is for a 36 month lease with 10K miles a year. I guess the key part is negotiating the purchase price of the car.

#27 ·
These are December numbers from Edmunds:

36/12k

LTD: .00038 MF and 48% residual
Tour+: .00018 MF and 48% residual

January numbers are probably not much different. 49% residual on 10K sounds right. Negotiating the sale price of the car is definitely important.

#16 ·
I just leased my Limited with all options except advanced safety Tec and wheels. O-down, $574/month. Ally bank is offering a $5,250 reduction in the capitalized cost through 1/31. That combined with the $1,500 in rebates lowered the capitalized value by $6,750. I also negotiated and bought below invoice - $4,000 off MSRP. I did a lot of research and think I got a fair price. Also, with a lease you don't pay the sales tax on the entire sale price, so that saved me another $1200. I shopped leases and loans and it made most sense to go with the lease. The Limited can go up to $50k with all options so each price will be different. $10k off MSRP is likely available in larger cities but I've not seen it anywhere. Also, dealers may be discounting to clear pre-9/1 builds from their lots.

#21 ·
Lots of people! Please stop harping on the 8th seat and 20" wheels. We understand that you don't like those options, and nobody's telling you that you have to get them. Move on.

Reactions: Rogus
#30 ·
I have always leased all my cars for last 10 or so years and wanted to do the same here for pacifica but the math just didnt work out compared to just financing through my credit union. The best leases are those where the mfg. allows for a high residual (either real or inflated) , which, combined w a heavily discounted sale price , cuts the depreciation for you (since residual still calc'ed off msrp) - like bmw , infiniti. even my acadia had 58% residual when i leased it a few years ago . no such support from chrysler , atleast so far.

#31 ·
I am a little surprised that Chrysler hasn't been more aggressive so far with lease support to get more Pacificas on the road. They've offered good money factors, but with the mediocre residuals the lease payments just haven't been attractive.

#35 ·
That's because there are a few members that keep saying it's not selling well because they don't see them all over the road. I don't think they're realizing that this is quite common for a new model. The Ford F-150 is the best selling vehicle in the US. Yet the new redesign that came out last year couldn't be seen on the roads around me at all. Now that we're in its second year, I'm starting to see them around, but still not nearly as often as I see the older style. That's just how it works. The reason you see a lot more Siennas, Odysseys, T&Cs, and Grand Caravans on the road is that you've got several model years all represented.

Reactions: AAMC and x95stacey
#37 ·
the person asking for $299 a month lease for a limited has probably never leased a vehicle in his/her life

a good rule of thumb in my experience (having leased 4 cars) is to shoot for a monthly (after taxes etc are included) of around 1% of msrp . so for a ~ 50k MSRP limited that I bought , I would have been perfectly happy with a 500 - 525 p.m. lease. Wasn't going to happen with that residual and money factor, even after adding the available rebates.

#39 ·
I am a newbie here. My dealer quoted me on 495/month for 10K miles on 36 months lease. Is this a reasonable deal?

Limited with
Granite Crystal Metallic

Tire and Wheel Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Uconnect Theater and Sound Group
KeySense
Wireless Charging Pad by Mopar

Thank you! Appointment tomorrow

#40 ·
DO NOT FOCUS ON PAYMENT!

BUT make sure you understand final price, before and after incentives. what their discount is before incentives.

then money factor and residual.

money factor should be .00028 and residual 50% for 12/36k lease. should only be better for 10k lease. remember, no need to hurry and be pressured. its okay to go home and think about it. there are plenty of pacificas ot there.

I think March will bring better deals, being a quarter for the year, and how Chrysler needs to put more on the road.

If you give us final price before and after incentives, along with sales tax percent I could get you accurate lease quote.

#42 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has any recent numbers for leasing a limited that they would like to share? Right now, the MF is .00004 and the Residual is 52% for a 36/10 lease in Western New York. I have always purchased my cars outright, so I'm more familiar with bargaining off of MSRP for a purchase than I am for a lease... You can't really control the MF or the residual, so lowering the "Capitalized Cost" is the only effective way to lower your lease payment... How much are high volume dealers willing to discount off of MSRP for a lease???

#45 ·
the numbers you got are actual numbers from chrysler. see my post above this one. dealers will try to raise MF and make a fortune. they try to get you to be a payment buyer versus final sale price buyer. just for example, say you tell them you want payment to be $500. they will raise MF until your payment is 500.

#43 ·
Bumping this thread.

I am planning to lease, can someone please share what deal they got. Also any dealer recommendations (or to avoid) in Southern California? Thanks!

#44 ·
if you tell dealer you want to lease, and would like payment. they will literally hit you at full retail minus incentives.

pretend like youre buying outright. negotiate best price. then ask for payment based off of this price. using money factor and residual form edmunds lease number page here.

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/48094/chrysler/pacifica/2018-chrysler-pacifica-lease-deals-and-prices

If you dont see your trim, ask for a quote. Dealers will try to make money on the money factor and residual too. these are real numbers from chrysler capital, dealer marks up from there. You can achieve these numbers if you demand them. Dealer will seriously try to make 10,000 on a car if you let them.

#46 ·
I'm finding dealerships that give little dealer discounts (before rebates) will stick with lower base lease rates.
Whereas dealerships that give a big chunk of dealer discount off MSRP will inflate their lease rates a whole bunch, so better off just purchasing with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.