Unable to attach photos - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By PacificaAdmin

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Unable to attach photos

I am using the mobile version of the forum on an iOS mobile device. I am unable to find a way to upload photos. I believe there is a glitch. Can you help?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nails1 View Post
I am using the mobile version of the forum on an iOS mobile device. I am unable to find a way to upload photos. I believe there is a glitch. Can you help?
Don't give up. Here's two attachments posted from my iPad. It lets me do up to 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0278.jpg (95.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0276.jpg (114.3 KB, 6 views)

Brett
Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nails1 View Post
I'm not using a mobile app, just regular old iOS Safari but after logging into the forum from Safari I go to the Active Topics page then use Safari's "Add to Homescreen" feature to create an icon on the iPad iOS home screen that I can later tap and it auto launches Safari taking me straight in to the forum's Active Topics screen ... so it feels like I just launched an app from the Homescreen.

When I'm typing a post and need to attach a photo(s) I just scroll down to the "manage attachments" button (sometimes I have to click "Go Advanced" first, not sure why) but once I'm in "manage attachments" I can select up to 10 pictures from my photo library.

Another tip. If you are in one of the Chrysler manuals and want to post a page from it just press the home button and power button simultaneously and iOS does a screen capture directly to your Photo Library.

Brett
Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Last edited by BrettP; 11-16-2016 at 09:58 AM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Administrator

are you using an iphone or an ipad? the iphone recognizes mobile mode and will change the forum display to a simplified version.

Lee
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

I am using an iPhone running Safari. It is mobile mode. If I try to change to full mode on the phone, it doesn't. Just instantly reverts to mobile mode. I see no buttons or manage attach options in mobile mode. Only a text box for quick reply.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Hey,

I just tested this with my iPhone and I noticed that there are two different mobile views to exit out of before you will see the site in the full version.

First you should see:
upload.png

and exiting out of that should give you:

upload-2.png

When in that second view, if you scroll down to the very bottom you should see a Full Version button:
upload-3.png

Once you select that you will then get the desktop view of the site.

~Sheena
BrettP likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page