I'm still debating between the Elite and the Limited with advanced safety tech since they appear to be almost matched in price and features.
However my concerns with the Pacifica are.
1) Seats are not as comfy as the Odyssey, they are thinner, (but the second time I tested them they seemed fine).
2) If there are two child seats in the rear, third passenger cannot sit there (since one of the car seat anchors is located more central than at side). It is a problem for me since I routinely will have seven passengers (kids ages 5,2, and newborn)
3) Seatback video monitors only on the second row is a set up for frustration and drama in the car. I understand that a kid in third row can watch the opposite side screen, but he/she would not tolerate the other kid having the ability to operate the touch screen ...
. Simply put I prefer the ceiling mounted video screen.
4) cabin watch is nice option to keep an eye on our newborn.
The positives for Pacifica which I noted are
1) More technology and custom options than Odyssey. (360 deg camera, stop / go ACC, self park, etc)
2) Generally better looking (for me)
3) Ride is marginally better, seems to have more power and handles better while turning corners.
4) Overall better build quality than the Odyssey (doors having a European thud on closing...
, ) steering wheel is nicer to hold, dash is plush and upscale (where as Honda is rubber with fake stitches) I also like the instrument panel look in the Odyssey though but Pacifica's is simply better. The Key seems to have better quality than the Odyssey.
Positives for Odyssey
1) All LED headlights
2) Better resale value
3) More reliable in long term...???
Someone please help me out. After two test drives of Pacifica and one for the Odyssey, I'm still at square one. My heart says Pacifica
and brain says Odyssey
. It's killing me.