2018 Honda Odyssey Officially Unveiled - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

2018 Honda Odyssey Officially Unveiled

2018 Honda Odyssey First Look | Automobile Magazine

Don't have the complete specs yet but, so far looks like the sliding track is now hidden. 280hp Engine, 9speed ZF transmission more specs to follow

It's not a minivan it's a large wagon

Last edited by migs; 01-09-2017 at 03:21 PM.
post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:44 PM

It has car play and android auto which is a big deal. The 2018 Pacifica will need these to compete.

The sliding center row seats are neat, but stow and go is a much better overall feature.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:49 PM

Doesn't look all that appealing, in my opinion. Second row seat looks pretty cool. The infotainment setup looks rather ugly. If it's the same one as in the new Ridgeline, it sucks to use as well.
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlreese View Post
It has car play and android auto which is a big deal. The 2018 Pacifica will need these to compete.
I didn't see mention of whether their CarPlay implementation will be wireless, which probably means it will be wired-only. I'd like this feature, but only if it's wireless. I rarely take my phone out of my pocket in the car and probably wouldn't start taking it out to plug it in just to get CarPlay.

Ordered 9/19/16 -- Built 10/7/16 -- Delivered 10/27/16:
2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 01:19 PM

The new Honda Odyssey has a weird side body line, that is not very appealing. Is it using the same ZF 9 speed transmission as the Pacifica?
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
I didn't see mention of whether their CarPlay implementation will be wireless, which probably means it will be wired-only. I'd like this feature, but only if it's wireless. I rarely take my phone out of my pocket in the car and probably wouldn't start taking it out to plug it in just to get CarPlay.

From what I have read only BMW has figured out how to make it wireless. I agree wireless would be best, but I am willing to take wired.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=mattlreese;78217]It has car play and android auto which is a big deal. The 2018 Pacifica will need these to compete.

While this is nice, I am sure 99% have no idea what that is. 95% don't even know if they have an iPhone. We the forums users are 1% of buying masses, SO while these are AWESOME features for sure, I doubt they *need* it to compete
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:59 PM

I agree, the sideline is still a little akward looking.

Led headlights and fog lights

Uses 9 speed and 10 speed (Honda built) transmission

Active noice cancelling. Driving conversation between 1st row and 3rd row occupants.

Has an interior camera to see the 2nd and 3rd row occupants with zoom for use both day and night (night vision)

Speak through Bluetooth headsets (driver to all passengers or specific passengers)

New rear suspension and increased horsepower with 10 speed tranny to claim they will be the quietest, best handling, most efficient minivan.

Sliding seats in and out and front to back in 2nd row. (seat belts for 2nd row seats are incorporated into the seat itself and not on the pillar. sliding left to right has tracks on the floor. sliding front to back there are no tracks... the sliding is incorporated into the seat itself. no mention if the seats are removable in the 2nd row)

New multi angle backup camera

And hands free tailgate entry

CarPlay and android play

And HondaSense on ex trims and above included automatically (which is apparently 95% of where their sales happen).

4G LTE connectivity.

Programmable height tailgate

Lighter weight ... I think 96 lbs or something

Spring availability
migs likes this.

Last edited by cue003; 01-09-2017 at 03:18 PM.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:27 PM

They still can't do anything with those second row seats! You still need to unlatch and carry them out of the van if that is even an option. No store in the floor. So, other than some styling they have not really changed the functionality where as the Pacifica is still able to surpass.

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue003 View Post

Spring availability
This is what is going to help any potential Pacifica buyers the most. I wasn't expecting it to show up until this Summer, at the earliest.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page