2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

First ding

6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Damoncaravanman 
#1 ·
Yup, just over 1100 miles, and I pulled into the drive too far and hit the stucco post between our two garage doors. :eek: No dents, just two little scrapes on the front bumper that probably only I will be aware of... from this day on....:eek: I don't know what they were thinking when they built the house we're in right now, but it's one of four houses in the subdivision that has split garage doors something that is not at all common in these parts. So I can now direct my anger to the person that had this house built, or the builder that offered this option. No, it wasn't my driving, that post has no business being there in the first place....:D

#4 ·
Nope, I see white and can feel the digs. They are small and in the lower part of the bumper. Probably the only person that knows that they're there is me. I guess if I'm going to christen the paint job, this is the least damaging way I could have done it. I'm just bummed out that I did it at all. I did the same thing to my Avalanche, I bumped a stucco post in front of a Walgreens, I never got that one to look right so I best not mess with this one.

#7 ·
Doh!!! I am so sorry that happened! Inevitably, it will happen to all of us. As you said, it's likely only you will notice. You're not alone in the driveway accident category. TWICE I backed into my husband's car at night leaving a dent in the back of my Odyssey (but his car unscratched, thank goodness.) He usually never parks behind me, and our driveway was steep. This made it difficult to see a car parked behind you coming out of a closed garage. Needless to say, he will never park behind me again. The SafetyTec package on the Pacifica was an easy "sell" based on my history alone. In my defense, I have never harmed a car before or since and consider myself an excellent driver. ;-)

Reactions: BrettP
#8 ·
So sorry this happened. I was at Target and came out after shopping. A shopping wheelchair an elder lady was driving got stuck on my rear bumper. The poor old lady was stuck. It was awful. She was crying. I didn't have a clue what to do but help her and when I got her up and literally picked up the heavy chair(i have a back issue) I **** near screamed. It scratched the rear bumper so bad. I ordered from mopar a bumper guard the previous week but it wasn't installed. It literally took the paint off. 2 big gouged. The lady was fine and happy but I couldn't bring myself to demand insurance cuz she is a senior but he careful. If u can afford covering this van in the rear bumper at least do it. I cried. I love the look of my van. I worked my butt off too pay the difference cash from what I owed with my 2014 town n country so it's my pride. Oh well eventually they get a scratch or 2 but mine only had 2200 miles on it. I have had it since June of this year. I don't know what I am going to do. None is velvet red!!!

#10 · (Edited)
Depends on how bad the scratch is, but I was able to touch up my bumper with a can of spray paint I found at O'Rielly's Auto. I also have red velvet pearl and it's a good match. The nice thing is that it doesn't require any clear coat. It's a Dupli-Color BCC413 Dark Garnet Red Pearl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.