2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
41 - 60 of 122 Posts
My Pacifica is affected by the issue as well. Curious to know if the fix is going to be applied to all the vehicles automatically or if I should contact the dealer first? Since the issue is known to Chrysler and apparently dealers can't do anything about it until the fix is available, I don't want to waste each others time with phone calls or visits.

I have the same problems in my 2018 Pacifica just purchased a month ago! the uconnect system keep rebooting every 20/30 seconds!
really upset since I paid a lot for all the features and the car itself...
@CryslerCares your inbox it’s full!
please reply ASAP

I had a rep slam the phone right away when she heard the problem I'm calling about.
I agree, there's never an excuse for that. Even though they may be fielding a hundred calls a day about the same issue, for each of those callers, it is the only time they have called. As difficult as it may be to be a customer service representative, that understanding has to come with the territory.

I don't think I have got the OTA software update yet. Seeing all these issues on this forum, can I skip the update on my Pachy? I have the occasional anti theft code issue but that seems minor compared to the rebooting issue. It seems the software dev is going down hill and I would like to skip the update until it is tested and stable.

Is there a way to skip the OTA update when it pops up to apply?

I have the same issue with my 2018 about 3500 miles( merely 2month old).Super annoying.They say it has something to do with the software update they had done---dealership can't help. Are we gonna keep going through this every time Chrysler do an upgrade?
Ridiculous!

Well, this will be interesting to see how the fix gets applied. The radio doesn't seem to stay on long enough to get to a point of being able to download an OTA update (unless this is just the display module rebooting and the actual radio is alive in the background).

Although I posted above to @ChryslerCares - I too applaud their participation on the forum and understand the fine line they must tread between being uber helpful and corporate-speak :)

It should be noted that while the screen rebooting is inconvenient, I applaud Chrysler for releasing an OTA SW package..... and hope this doesn't change policy for the future. Just make it so that customers can upgrade and roll-back in the field via a USB drive.

Cheers,

John.

Those with the reboots, try going into settings -> Reset -> Clear Personal Data.

Those without the resets, did you lose your bluetooth pairings when you got the update? I have a suspicion that the reboots are the result of an incomplete update, where the last step is to clear personal data that isn't compatible with the new software. Those that didn't finish that last step of the update are stuck in a crash loop.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus

I purchased my vehicle last Saturday night 2/10/2018. It literally had 4 miles on it. Next morning I found out that the theater system wasnt working. Called Chrysler to trouble shoot and determined that I would have to call the dealer on Monday. Later that evening I experienced the Uconnect system turning on and off every minute. Again I called Chrysler and got a claim# assigned. I have since dropped the car back off at the dealership to repair the theater system. They had heard it might take up to 3 weeks for the unconnect issue to get repaired. Has anybody else been able to use their theater system with the uconnect problem.

This following worked for me.
I entered an address to navigate to and system stays on. I put the guidance volume to 0 so it doesn't bother me. The only thing that doesn't work is Apple car play but I can go w/o it.

2018 Jeep Cherokee limited Navigation flashing on and off

I am having the same problem.The whole system shuts down and reboots every few seconds. I have been calling the dealer but they say they are waiting for an answer from Chrysler. Very frustrating!

I purchased my vehicle last Saturday night 2/10/2018. It literally had 4 miles on it. Next morning I found out that the theater system wasnt working. Called Chrysler to trouble shoot and determined that I would have to call the dealer on Monday. Later that evening I experienced the Uconnect system turning on and off every minute. Again I called Chrysler and got a claim# assigned. I have since dropped the car back off at the dealership to repair the theater system. They had heard it might take up to 3 weeks for the unconnect issue to get repaired. Has anybody else been able to use their theater system with the uconnect problem.
I bought my Pacifica hybrid limited back in November since then back entertainment is not working /constantly rebooting/ and now main console as well.
To made first appointment with dealer took me over a month they did not have availability
First they fix electric connection, then replace back screen after date module and now they said nothing we can do wait for update maybe week of two
We are so disappointed with this car.

Those without the resets, did you lose your bluetooth pairings when you got the update? I have a suspicion that the reboots are the result of an incomplete update, where the last step is to clear personal data that isn't compatible with the new software. Those that didn't finish that last step of the update are stuck in a crash loop.
Yes, my pairings were lost.

I have a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Same problem started Saturday. Reboots every 30 seconds. Called Dealer, they said Chrysler is aware and there is a bug from a download in the Uconnect system. They do not know when it will be fixed, but it is affecting all late model 2017 and all of 2018. I let them know its a safety issue since backup camera doesn't work, as well as other vital functions, Bluetooth, etc.

Uconnect system

I have a 2018 Dodge Durango R/T for less than one month and I only have 700 miles on it. On Saturday noon I have the same issue of my Uconnect system rebooting every 60 seconds. I went to the dealer and there was several customers with the same issue. They said that there is nothing they can do, that we have to wait 48 hrs. I call them after 48hrs and their respond was we still waiting for a way to fix the glitch. I contacted uconnect and they said that a software update was pushed and caused the glitch on multiple clients. They are trying to resolve the issue and by the end of the week by Friday, 16th they should have a solution. I hope they get to the bottom of this because it is really iconviniance and disappointing.

Those without the resets, did you lose your bluetooth pairings when you got the update?
I did lose my bluetooth pairings and a couple of other minor settings were reset (my clock style reverted back to 12-hour from 24-hour, for example). I tried to avoid the update as long as I could until it essentially forced itself on me. Fortunately for me, the update went smoothly and I haven't had any issues post-update.

41 - 60 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.