2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Fuel Tank Capacity?

22K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  SherylBear 
#1 ·
Curious what the fuel tank capacity is to reach that 500miles range, google not helping me

#2 · (Edited)
You would need a 22.7 gallon tank gas engine going off the current combine EPA rating of 22mpg. Hybrid should get 500 np. EPA rating of 84 MPGe would mean you world just need a 6 gallon tank.

I'm fairly certain that the tank in the hybrid was reduced but the still expect a range greater than 500.

#3 ·
The tank in the gas version is 19 gallons. Chrysler website says 17 for the hybrid.

With normal highway driving and the AC on, I don't think the range will vary much between the 2 models (maybe 30-40 miles?). Giving up the 2 gallons will eat up the battery capacity. On the highway with normal driving, there is little benefit with the hybrid. The hybrid benefit becomes very pronounced with stop and go driving, especially if you leave the climate control off.

FWIW,

-FV

#5 ·
Tests show the Hybrid will get an average of 32 MPG with the gas engine when battery is depleted.
I hope that's the case, but Blinker Fluid's real world tests were quite a bit lower (25-26 MPG).

#15 ·
I have no idea what a gallon is since I grew up in a civilized country ;) but our dealer said the tanks on the Hybrid are 70 litres. I was a bit disappointed with that since our current car is 50 litres but I suppose paying an extra $20 bucks or so to fill it will be offset by not having to fill it for long periods of time thanks to the electric drive. Can anyone else confirm what my dealer said? I have a feeling they may have been talking about the gas only version since they didn't seem to know much about the hybrid. 911 km range will be nice though, my diesel gets about 1,200km on long road trips but whatever.

#17 ·
Pacifica mileage

I just received a text from a friend who rented a Pacifica from our rental department. Left Lima, Ohio and 505 miles later, stopped for fuel in Chattanooga,TN. Took 17 gallons....29.7 miles per gallon! That includes driving through the mountains in Tennessee. Not bad,I would say.

#18 ·
I just received a text from a friend who rented a Pacifica from our rental department. Left Lima, Ohio and 505 miles later, stopped for fuel in Chattanooga,TN. Took 17 gallons....29.7 miles per gallon! That includes driving through the mountains in Tennessee. Not bad,I would say.
A gas model?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.