2017 Hybrid Recall Coming - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 100Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 165 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

2017 Hybrid Recall Coming

Mike posted on FB -
11 mins
I have news!! Just had an extended conversation with my dealer and here are the facts directly from the horse's ass...I mean Chrysler corporate rep...
- All Pacifica Hybrids that have been held in transit are being or have already been returned to Windsor for a fix which appears to include a software flash.
- All Pacifica Hybrids out in the wild will need to be repaired at your dealer once they receive the required parts.
- My car is now back in Windsor (arrived this morning) and will be shipped direct via truck to my dealer on June 16th, there's even a truck load time in the system! That means shipping for delivery is being expedited as that is not the usual routing for any new vehicles.
- 2017 production run for all Pacificas, (gas and hybrid) has been met (confirmed by my dealer) which means you can't order a fresh one, only a vehicle already in the pipe. The line will be shutting down to retool soon for the 2018 model year which starts selling in September apparently.
konnerbllb, 1tg1, Tsnor and 1 others like this.

Hoping for a 2018 Platinum Hybrid <3
2013 Chrysler 300S

Last edited by generaltso; 06-13-2017 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Corrected incorrect information at SherylBear's request
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 165 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 04:27 PM

Aw seriously? I have to be without my new love for an indefinite period of time, which based on the recent track record could be half a year?
post #3 of 165 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 04:35 PM

Can anyone confirm that they tried to order a new gas van today (or any day after today) and have been told they can no longer place orders?

post #4 of 165 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 04:37 PM

I'm not sure about how I feel about my PacHy going back to Windsor for refit. I may never see it again. Not excited to send a vehicle I paid for into the Chrysler black hole of "we aint telling you ****". I'm pretty pissed off. Is there precedent for a recall that requires the vehicle to be sent back to factory?
1tg1 likes this.
post #5 of 165 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 04:40 PM

That is a bit scary! I'm fine with taking my car in for a loaner for a day while it gets updated, but I suspect this will be a couple weeks. They planning on paying my car payment for that time period? What about gas? My dealer will have to answer many questions without any "I don't know" answers. Hopefully Chrysler has thought this through and communicated in depth to their dealers what the entire process will be. From my experience thus far I kind of doubt that will happen.
konnerbllb and Dpacifica like this.
post #6 of 165 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherylBear View Post
Mike posted on FB -
11 mins
I have news!! Just had an extended conversation with my dealer and here are the facts directly from the horse's ass...I mean Chrysler corporate rep...
- All Pacifica Hybrids that have been held in transit are being or have already been returned to Windsor for a fix which appears to include a software flash.
- All Pacifica Hybrids out in the wild will need to have their cars also returned to Windsor for the same fix although dealers (at least mine) have not been instructed to contact those clients yet. Apparently Chrysler thought the hold would have been in place before any units got out to people, oops!
- Those currently driving PacHy's should therefore expect to hear from their dealer soon and should also expect to return their car for at least as long as it takes to send it to Windsor and back. Presumably a loaner will be made available.
- My car is now back in Windsor (arrived this morning) and will be shipped direct via truck to my dealer on June 16th, there's even a truck load time in the system! That means shipping for delivery is being expedited as that is not the usual routing for any new vehicles.
- Chrysler Cares has apparently been instructed to not divulge any information to customers lest it make Chrysler look bad...so that's totally working and is also why they've been so useless thus far, it's literally company policy!
- 2017 production run for all Pacificas, (gas and hybrid) has been met (confirmed by my dealer) which means you can't order a fresh one, only a vehicle already in the pipe. The line will be shutting down to retool soon for the 2018 model year which starts selling in September apparently.
If even half of this is true, I'm writing my MPP and getting them to at least acknowledge the Ontario taxpayer investors in the plant. Surely public money investment deserves some type of transparency.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 165 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 05:11 PM

Is @ChryslerCares going to comment on any of this?
post #8 of 165 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 05:14 PM

So in summary the entire 2017 production run is complete, the factory is being retooled for 2018 hybrids, 2018 models will be out in Sept, finally every 2017 hybrid is being returned to the factory to fix issues whether in dealer possession, in transit to dealers, or already in customers hands. The only 2017 hybrids to be sold are already in the pipeline from the factory to dealers after the fixes, ie no new 2017 orders, just those already ordered by dealers. Did I read correctly? Does this allow Chrysler to NOT declare a formal recall and detail the problems and fixes for everyone to see?
post #9 of 165 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyboat View Post
Does this allow Chrysler to NOT declare a formal recall and detail the problems and fixes for everyone to see?
They are going to need to declare exactly what the problem and the fix is before taking my van back for that long of a time-period.
post #10 of 165 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 07:57 PM

This doesn't make sense if it has to be sent back and dealer cannot fix it. At this point, our 2017 should be a 2018.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page