Why no 8th seater option? - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toelke View Post
And an 8-seat option on the hybrid would likely wind up with less comfortable seats in the 2nd row than what they have now.
Why would that be?

Ordered 9/19/16 -- Built 10/7/16 -- Delivered 10/27/16:
2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Why would that be?
I am assuming that to do 3-across in that row you'd have a more flat seat - and it'd be less comfortable than the hybrid 2nd row seats.
I'm guessing that it'd be more like the non-hybrid seats which (according to reviews) aren't as nice as the hybrid 2nd row seats.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I am assuming that to do 3-across in that row you'd have a more flat seat - and it'd be less comfortable than the hybrid 2nd row seats.
I'm guessing that it'd be more like the non-hybrid seats which (according to reviews) aren't as nice as the hybrid 2nd row seats.
I don't think they would have to change the outboard seats at all except for removing the inboard armrests.

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:52 AM

Quote:
I don't think they would have to change the outboard seats at all except for removing the inboard armrests.
I think the existing 2nd row seats would need to have less bolstering for the middle seat to work.

At least the impression I got from the reviews was that the non-hybrid seats were much flatter than the hybrid ones.

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong - but that's what I think. Obviously you don't agree, and that's OK. But I don't think there's any way we can really come to a definite conclusion.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think the existing 2nd row seats would need to have less bolstering for the middle seat to work.

At least the impression I got from the reviews was that the non-hybrid seats were much flatter than the hybrid ones.

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong - but that's what I think. Obviously you don't agree, and that's OK. But I don't think there's any way we can really come to a definite conclusion.
That's okay, we certainly don't need to agree I will say though that the non-hybrid seats are flatter because of Stow-N-Go, not because of the middle seat. I do think that a middle seat in the hybrid would have less bolstering, but I don't think that necessarily means the outboard seats would have to have less bolstering as well. I know the Sienna, Odyssey, and Sedona all have thicker 2nd row seats than the gas-only Pacifica, and I don't think bolstering in those is reduced with their 8 passenger versions. It's all hypothetical unless Chrysler decides to add an 8th seat option to the hybrid anyway.

post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Anyway, none of this matter and wouldn't change anything. But I would think the comfortable or not, shouldn't that be determine by the buyer? If they want the extra 3rd seat, then surely it will be less comfortable? The gasoline have this option. Also, not sure why they would make all of the Hybrid with sunroof and not an option?
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyaz View Post
Anyway, none of this matter and wouldn't change anything. But I would think the comfortable or not, shouldn't that be determine by the buyer? If they want the extra 3rd seat, then surely it will be less comfortable? The gasoline have this option. Also, not sure why they would make all of the Hybrid with sunroof and not an option?
The 8th seat is just one of several options that are available on the gas-only model, but Chrysler has chosen not to offer as options on the hybrid.

The sunroof IS an option on the Hybrid Platinum. You can choose to get the sunroof for $1795 or get one without the sunroof.

post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:47 AM

Could it be that the 2nd-row captain's chairs are wider, which adds to the comfort vs jump seats, but removes the feasibility of a middle seat there?

2017 Chevy Volt LT
Best EV Range: 74 miles (5+ miles per kWh)
Current MPGe: 109
Current Miles: 16,000+
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorth View Post
Could it be that the 2nd-row captain's chairs are wider, which adds to the comfort vs jump seats, but removes the feasibility of a middle seat there?
Could be. But even if they're wider, I don't think it would prohibit a middle section that simply fills in whatever gap there is between them. I don't think the lack of 8th seat is for a technical reason any more than the omission of the memory driver's seat is. In my opinion, all of these little things that aren't available is simply to get the "fully loaded" price of the hybrid to specific target.
MikeyG likes this.

post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Could be. But even if they're wider, I don't think it would prohibit a middle section that simply fills in whatever gap there is between them. I don't think the lack of 8th seat is for a technical reason any more than the omission of the memory driver's seat is. In my opinion, all of these little things that aren't available is simply to get the "fully loaded" price of the hybrid to specific target.
I think I agree with you.

When I first saw this van, instantaneously I knew this is the van I am going to buy. (Both of my house have solar and I work from home at one house... ) This would be the perfect van for our family. All I can say is I would had bought this van for 1-2k more just to get the 8th seat. My wife said, well, maybe Chrysler did that because most American family doesn't need 8th seats. My reply, well, our does, so can't buy this van. We only need all 8th seats when we go on long trips.... But I'm not going to buy a van, then rent another van when we go on long trip and leave a big gap in the 2nd row. Just doesn't make sense.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page