Production delay in hybrid - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 295Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 716 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:57 PM

I think generaltso is on the money with this one. It's similar to what Chevy Volt shoppers have had to deal with, even recently, and the Volt has been out since 2012. The GM dealers either lack much knowledge about the car, or don't seem interested in selling them, and would much rather sell you a Malibu. They don't even advertise them much.

Seems like a similar trend with Chrysler here. Add to it that dealers definitely want to sell you inventory from their lot, because that's a guaranteed sale right there, versus an order that you might cancel later.

2017 Chevy Volt LT
Actual EV Range: 70 miles

Pacifica or Odyssey to replace '07 Grand Caravan?
post #12 of 716 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Well the dealers were full of it. I went ahead and ordered one and they said it would be delivered in 6-8 weeks. The "delay" they were referring to could have been for the dealer orders for in stock vehicles.
post #13 of 716 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 07:05 PM

@PHfan - I'm not sure if you got anywhere on dealers putting an order in, but if you are in the Bay Area then Walnut Creek had no issue putting an order in for me. Took about 45 minutes. Supposedly for $100 under MSRP, but the order sheet they gave me said there is no guarantee in price. Has anyone else had this? At least I have a VIN after waiting only a day.

post #14 of 716 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHfan View Post
Chrysler's total lack of communication and lack of motivated dealers on this car smells fishy. I've emailed 6 dealers in the Bay area and only 1 is only half heartedly getting back to me.

Perhaps related, but I noticed that these dealers also have the same non hybrids sitting on their lots for in some cases months.

Maybe non hybrid sales are slow so Chrysler has no reason to start pumping out more low-margin hybrids. Keep us updated.

For me as of today, since it was released in April/May of 2016, I have only seen like TWO or THREE on the road and just TWO parked on some in a shopping mall!!!

These Pacifica's can't be selling well whatsoever, I have seen/read last year that Pacificas are still sitting on dealers lots for over 4 months!
post #15 of 716 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp2k View Post
For me as of today, since it was released in April/May of 2016, I have only seen like TWO or THREE on the road and just TWO parked on some in a shopping mall!!!

These Pacifica's can't be selling well whatsoever, I have seen/read last year that Pacificas are still sitting on dealers lots for over 4 months!
Sales are ramping up as expected (Search for Pacifica on this page: Sergio Marchionne at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show). They are all over the midwest. California has not been the strongest market for Chrysler but sales will get there. The longer sitting models seem to be the low end ones. The middle and upper ones are moving pretty well.

My opinion is my own and not necessarily my employers
post #16 of 716 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 11:03 AM

Upper to middle models. Lol. Yeah because the Hybrid has only two options. Sunroof and wireless charger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinker Fluid View Post
Sales are ramping up as expected (Search for Pacifica on this page: Sergio Marchionne at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show). They are all over the midwest. California has not been the strongest market for Chrysler but sales will get there. The longer sitting models seem to be the low end ones. The middle and upper ones are moving pretty well.
post #17 of 716 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 11:06 AM
Tiz

Production delay of hybrid

I received word from my dealer yesterday that my order for my Hybrid has be been moved from D status to D1 status and is scheduled to be built on 18Jan16. I am not sure what any talk of production delays are all about. May be a dealer thing. Or they may be referring to the Premium trim which Chrysler has stated will be a late availability model.
My dealer also ordered mine as a Sold Order with my name & address on the order. He said it would get priority over a dealer allocation order. I understand each dealer was allocated 1 vehicle for stock and sold orders are priority. If you want a hybrid, commit to the purchase and you will have priority over dealer orders.
MikeyG likes this.

Last edited by Tiz; 01-13-2017 at 11:40 AM. Reason: adding information
post #18 of 716 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiz View Post
I received word from my dealer yesterday that my order for my Hybrid has be been moved from D status to D1 status and is scheduled to be built on 18Jan16. I am not sure what any talk of production delays are all about. May be a dealer thing.
Great news! - When did you order?
post #19 of 716 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:26 PM

I ordered mine late Friday of last week. I was told on Weds that it went to "D" status and I got my VIN#, although as of yesterday, didn't do anything besides have the Chrysler person on the phone tell me it was in "D". No info on "window sticker" yet.
post #20 of 716 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Tiz

Sold order was placed on 04Jan16

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page