Electric only driving and car chirp - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Electric only driving and car chirp

I didn't come across this yet when glancing at the manual, but to drive Electric only, is there a button I need to push? Since my wife will be using the van, her work is only 5-6 miles away. So just wanted to see if there was something she needed to choose.

Also, what does the lock/unlock chirp sound like on the car? Is it like Sienna vans with a soft chirp arm and double chirp off? Or is it like the older T&C vans with the obnoxious horn honk?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

There is nothing you need to do to drive in electric mode. If the battery has sufficient charge, you will be in electric mode. The gas engine will automatically (and seamlessly) kick in when and if it needs to. There is no manual control of this.

There is no chirp for the locks. You can set it to briefly sound the horn when you lock it or you can have it flash the lights with no noise. I have mine set to make no sound when I lock it, but if I hit the lock button a second time it will honk the horn. I like this option because it doesn't make noise most of the time, but if I want to confirm that it really locked, I can hit the button twice and hear the horn to confirm. I like this a lot better than the Sienna's chirp.

Ordered 9/19/16 -- Built 10/7/16 -- Delivered 10/27/16:
2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page