2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

First member to take delivery of a Pacifica Hybrid! Post here with Pics

118K views 363 replies 93 participants last post by  floz 
#1 ·
I noticed that as of today, nobody on the forum actually has taken delivery of a hybrid yet.
Who is going to be first?
post below, no pictures= no glory
oh and initial impressions, and updates are welcome

#3 ·
I love the driving experience. From dealer to home 36 miles all hybrid drive, and display 6miles on battery and 30 miles on gas as result. So I guess even battery is empty it will still charge from regenerative breaking.

First ev day driving was 34 miles EV only. About 20 miles local and 14 miles freeway.

Here is a picture got is Saturday from broadwalk Chrysler.

#8 ·
Coming from 2014 quest, pacifica hybrid feels more lighter and more aggressive.

But uconnect remote by phone is very slow and it only start the car it wont turn on cliamte and heated sit if you forgot to turn on last time you stop. I wish they can add more features to the remote start like what Nissan did on leaf.

#334 ·
Here is the uconnect screenshot.

This is the same app for Ram trucks as well. I think it is pretty lacking based on what other manufacturers are offering. It seems like it would not be too hard to update. It does take a while since it is sending signal through vehicle 3G phone connection, which i imagine only activates every so often to look for commands when off.

#21 ·
Another - you are a celebrity!

On that first trip, what was the MPG (in Hybrid mode?) We pre-ordered ours, so how in the heck did you get that? My concern is the Monroney sticker for crash tests. But the current Pacifica's rate well.....hopefully this is not off the mark.

#28 ·
Thanks for the Photos Another.

I'm a Prius driver, avid Hybrid and PHV driver...what in the world are those MPGs? 72 MPG on Electric? What does that mean? 24.2 MPG with EV + Gas? What are we looking at here?

Plus 340 Miles Range on Gas yet full tank and some EV miles? I'm super confused!

How do you like the car Another? What motivated you to buy it over a regular Pacifica? EV Miles?

#32 ·
Still confused about what it's saying. If you did 90 miles, subtract 35 then the rest 55 and 2 gallons of gas means you did about 27.5 mpg in hybrid mode.

Are you packing the minivan? Also, does the Pacifica Hybrid switch back and forth from Hybrid to electric if the regen creates more EV miles?

#33 ·
I have mine now.

After charging I show about 35 miles of electric range. I have a pretty long commute and with the regeneration that happens during normal driving, I had about 45 miles on electric and 30 miles on gas.

For the record, it shows everything in MPG as most people coming to the vehicle know all about MPG and MPGe means very little to them, even with some education. When they see they are getting 75, 80, even 90 mpg, they react positively versus being confused about the actual term. Little thing but it makes a big difference in peoples minds. They focus on the number versus the units.

#35 ·
Sweet! How long was yours to go from Status D1 to start production? if you know. Also What do you think so far of the quality of the materials, and how "Solid" the van drives? I come from a 2011 Routan which is basically last gen town and country, itself a very very dated platform....

thx

#37 ·
What website do you goto to see your production? I just got my VIN# yesterday. Will I be able to see what is installed?

Blinker Fluid- How hard is it to use EV only? Does the gas kick on after pushing the gas peddle more than half way? Or is it how quickly you push?
How well does the cruise control work? The old Sienna I have would throttle pretty bad. Example: I have it set to 60. If it drops to 55, it'll gas the van till almost 65 before releasing the gas.
I know the van comes with a standard wall charger, but I just saw a review that said If I want the 220 (whatever it's called) charger cord for the van, I have to buy it? They must be talking about the house type 2 charger, yes?

#38 ·
Starstreak,

The only way to check progress on your buid is to contact chrysler customer service, you can call 1800 334-9200 or even better contact them by online chatting, which is what I do:

Chrysler - Contact Us

As far as your question regarding the 220, it's called a Level 2 charger, you'll need an electrician to bring 220 to wherever you want the charger to be at, being in your garage or else.
The second thing you'll need is the level 2 charger itself, you can get a corded mobile one like the turbocord or a stationay one bolted on your wall, see website below of a reputable brand that offers both.
Do not think like chrysler dealership can tell you that it could cost 2000 or so, basically the cost of the charger you choose plus bringing the power to where you want to charge, the price will depend of how much work for the electrician

EV Solutions | Electric Vehicle Charging Products & Services

#48 ·
Can someone post close-up pictures of the EVSE unit? Please include in the serial # on the unit. I'd like to try to find out if the unit can handle 240 volts, even though it's plug is for 120. The Gen2 Chevy Volt EVSE supports both, even though they only market it for Level 1.

If you feel comfortable, open the EVSE up and provide some pics of the interior! :grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.