[PETITION] Add remote AC/Heated seat feature to uconnect PHEV app - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

[PETITION] Add remote AC/Heated seat feature to uconnect PHEV app

Numerous site/video brought up that it was possible to remote start the AC from the mobile app uconnect for the PHEV model, today the first person to receive his PHEV confirmed it was not an option on the mobile app: First member to take delivery of a Pacifica Hybrid! Post here with Pics

This is a massive letdown from Chrystler! the majority of EV on sale currently have such feature, it is a must have in colder climate.

If you are waiting for your PHEV to be delivered and think this feature should be added, please reply to this thread to show Chrystler this feature is badly needed, I will email/call them once we reach a few pages
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:29 AM

Sorry I need to update. Just tested again. The fan does turn on. But not able to adjusy temp or heated seat by phone.
https://goo.gl/photos/cHTVVdJGujdkKFJv8
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:34 AM

Need to update. The fan does turn on if my last setting was defroster, but no luck in different mode.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Tiz

Mine is on order with a build date I hope they update the software to to be able to enable the climate control features before I take delivery. I ordered a red one.
Tiz

Last edited by Tiz; 01-10-2017 at 04:23 PM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:29 PM

I just got my VIN from my pre-order, and I also am shocked that Chrysler left this oversight in their launch. My 2013 Nissan Leaf had remote Climate control: I could heat just the seat/steering wheel, or I could turn on the full Climate Control system (defrost, change the cabin temperature, etc). How was this missed with the Pacifica? Surely they had trials with existing PHEV/EV drivers before launching the vehicle right?

If someone from Chrysler is looking at this, I also expect the ability to remotely start/stop charging, and to see how many kWh my charge is taking right now (I'm I attached to an L1 or an L2 charger). Remotely unlocking/opening doors and the liftgate would also be ideal considering the app should have full access to anything the keys do.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by praeluceo View Post
My 2013 Nissan Leaf had remote Climate control: I could heat just the seat/steering wheel, or I could turn on the full Climate Control system (defrost, change the cabin temperature, etc). How was this missed with the Pacifica?
Does this level of granular remote control exist on all existing PHEVs? It certainly sounds cool.

Ordered 9/19/16 -- Built 10/7/16 -- Delivered 10/27/16:
2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:51 PM

Sure hope this is added before I receive my Pacifica Hybrid.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Does this level of granular remote control exist on all existing PHEVs? It certainly sounds cool.
The handful of EV i've owned and test driven, all had this feature, cant live without it after using it with my daily driver
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:04 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how does the app connect to the van? Do I have to pay something extra to communicate with the van?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:09 PM

This is crucial feature. Although, who actually turns "off" their HVAC when they shut down their vehicle? If it's left "on" or in "auto" mode, shouldn't the HVAC turn back on when the vehicle is remote started?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page