When will Silver Teal color appear? - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

When will Silver Teal color appear?

What I've seen so far is Silver Teal color will be "late availability".
And I think it currently is not a color that the dealership can put in on an order. (But someone correct me if I'm wrong)

My wife and I have settled on that being the color for our purchase.
But I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait...

Anyone have any additional info they can share?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:17 PM

I can confirm silver teal is not available as of now, we custom order a Pacifica hybrid 2 weeks ago and it was not listed as an available color
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:16 PM

Provided the schedule holds, it will be produced next month. Ordering may open up 2nd week in February.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:45 PM

I was just told by my usually reliable dealer that it will cost extra, $495, but hard to know for certain if it can't be ordered yet as he just tried for me. I was hesitant ordering without seeing such a color in person, so I am going bright white and ordering today. My other car just sold today, so I need the Pacifica ASAP or else I might have waited to see one. Will it be more silver or more teal? I was hoping for more silver. I think for $500 + tax I could get the car coated with plastidip which would have the added benefit of protecting the base paint for years, then pull it off before resale etc.

2017 Pacifica Hybrid Platinum, Silver Teal, Sunroof, Wireless phone charger, Mud flaps, Ordering 1/15/2017?
Dealer Hybrid PowerPoint scan:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:38 PM

It's odd that Chrysler makes it available as a color choice on their Build & Price tool. I didn't see any fine print saying late availability on that color.

2017 Chevy Volt LT
Actual EV Range: 70 miles

Pacifica or Odyssey to replace '07 Grand Caravan?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1466 View Post
I was just told by my usually reliable dealer that it will cost extra, $495, but hard to know for certain if it can't be ordered yet as he just tried for me. I was hesitant ordering without seeing such a color in person, so I am going bright white and ordering today. My other car just sold today, so I need the Pacifica ASAP or else I might have waited to see one. Will it be more silver or more teal? I was hoping for more silver. I think for $500 + tax I could get the car coated with plastidip which would have the added benefit of protecting the base paint for years, then pull it off before resale etc.
Not seeing any charge for that paint when it becomes available. Things may change though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorth View Post
It's odd that Chrysler makes it available as a color choice on their Build & Price tool. I didn't see any fine print saying late availability on that color.
Late availability usually means months away.

My opinion is my own and not necessarily my employers
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 12:02 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the hue of the Silver Teal appears to have changed on the Chrysler.com Build and Price tool webpage? I could swear it used to be more blue, but now has a duller grayish tint to it. At first I thought I had clicked on the wrong color, like silver gray or granite or something, so I clicked on white and then back on Silver Teal to ensure the change happened. It's more subtle to me now than it used to be.

Maybe this is why the color is delayed - they are still tweaking formula?

2017 Chevy Volt LT
Actual EV Range: 70 miles

Pacifica or Odyssey to replace '07 Grand Caravan?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 12:40 PM

I noticed Silver Blue seems to be more silver than blue now. My holdout for the hybrid was because of this color, but now I may just opt for Jazz Blue.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeasayer View Post
I noticed Silver Blue seems to be more silver than blue now. My holdout for the hybrid was because of this color, but now I may just opt for Jazz Blue.
Nothing wrong with that blue, plus it seems like a common color. I'd say get the order in.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 12:19 PM

I got the call from the dealer that Silver Teal IS available for order. We are holding off as there is no solid information for leasing and will probably hold til the summer to see what options open up and make sure the tax credit isn't pulled.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page