2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Comprehensive List of Features Unavailable in the 2017 Hybrid

58K views 139 replies 69 participants last post by  pounce 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been seeing more and more members ask what features they have to give up if they go with the Pacifica Hybrid Platinum vs. one of the other trims (particularly the Limited). We have a thread called Hybrid Platinum vs Gas Limited options that I usually point people to, but you really need to read that whole thread to piece it all together, and some of the things mentioned there as Hybrid omissions were later discovered to be available. So I thought it would be good to create a new sticky thread with one comprehensive list of all of the features that are available in the Limited but are NOT available in the Hybrid. I'm sure I've forgotten some items, so please point out things that I've missed or erroneously included, and I'll try to keep the list in this first post up to date.

Here's the list of features that are NOT available in the Hybrid but are available in the gas-only Limited trim:

• HID Headlights
  • HomeLink Garage Door Opener
  • Memory Driver's Seat
  • Black/Deep Mocha Interior
  • 20 Speaker Harmon Kardon Audio
  • 20" Wheels
  • Glove Box LED Light
  • Liftgate LED Floodlight
  • Heated 2nd Row Seats
  • Super Console
  • Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
  • Auto-Dimming Driver's Side Mirror
  • Trailer Tow Package
  • Vacuum
  • Spare Tire
  • Power Folding 3rd Row
  • 3rd Row Headrest Dump From Front Seat
  • Power Folding Side Mirrors
  • Stow-N-Go 2nd Row Seats (by design)
  • 8 Passenger Seating

See less See more
#2 ·
I am trying to find a photo of what the Super Console looks like on the Limited .. can anyone direct me to where I might look for that. I looked on chrysler.com / read through the Hybrid Platinum vs Gas Limited options thread but can't seem to find a photo to see what the super console looks like.

#3 ·
I am trying to find a photo of what the Super Console looks like on the Limited .. can anyone direct me to where I might look for that.
Here's a picture of the Super Console.

Attachments

#6 ·
Here's a picture of the standard console that comes in the Touring-L (and the Hybrid Platinum). The biggest difference is that it has an open tray instead of the covered storage compartment. The Super Console also have a large drawer that slide out the back for additional storage and includes cup holders for use by back seat passengers. Not sure if the standard console has that as well.

Attachments

#9 ·
Thanks, I'll remove Rear Reading Lamps from the list as it sounds like those are included. The Power Multi-Function F/Away Mirrors indicates that the adjustment of the side mirrors is powered, but they aren't power folding like they are in the Limited.

#11 ·
OK. Just trying to help. I wasn't sure exactly what the mirrors were.
Wish it had the in car garage door opener. That couldn't have added much to the cost considering all the other "Tec" it has.
I welcome the help! In theory, HomeLink could be added by swapping out the driver's side sun visor with one that has it. Nobody's tried that yet though, obviously.

Reactions: zsetley
#14 ·
These missing features is why I went with the Limited. Too many niceties to pass up just to get the Hybrid. Hoping in 2 years that these features will be added as I would like to try the Hybrid.
Thanks, John

#15 · (Edited)
Here's what I received from the dealer as the features list for the Platinum Hybrid

I see:
- Full length upgraded floor console ...whatever that means

Anybody have a picture of the 2nd row removable captains seats? They're supposed to be more comfortable as a result of not being Stow n Go.

It might be good to add a section or asterisks to show what can be added on as an option though. eg. you can add the hitch and bezel, but not as a full tow kit. I'll be using mine for a bike rack.

BTW, mud flaps were not even an available option for me in Canada.

Attachments

#17 ·
eg. you can add the hitch and bezel, but not as a full tow kit. I'll be using mine for a bike rack.
Just curious if your dealer confirmed this. I have a bike rack and cargo tray that I would like to use and haven't been able to find out if the Hybrid will support a hitch for these purposes. I have a Ram 2500 to tow with so I'm not worried about towing anything but not being able to put our bikes on a hitch carrier when we need to or the luggage outside on the cargo tray when we don't have the bikes would be a big disappointment.

#20 ·
Hey mods. How about a sticky with links to top videos about the Pacifica hybrid? People post links, they get buried, then posted again and so on. I nominate the Alex on Autos review, the Windsor Hybrid assembly video and the launch videos with interviews/presentations by Chrysler engineers.

#23 ·
We do currently have a section for Photos and Videos and another section for Reviews. Are you thinking that you'd like to have a sticky in this section that only includes videos and reviews specific to the hybrid?

#30 ·
True. But this thread is not about price. It's simply a list of features that are not available in the hybrid.

Reactions: gory
#36 ·
This is exactly what made us purchase the limited instead of a hybrid. We plan to look at the hybrid in 2-3 years and consider a trade if the Hybrid has caught up in the limited's feature set. This also gives them a chance to work out the potential bugs in the battery/electrical systems.

#38 ·
I really was thinking about buying the Hybrid platinum but one major thing I wanted was Stow and GO.. without that for me, it was a deal breaker..

#42 ·
I agree the batteries must go somewhere but for extra 30 miles on electric in my opinion it wasn't worth it.

I used to borrow my father's Sienna all the time to load up Plywood and etc.. so for me Stow n Go is very important... I hated always having to pull out the chairs and they aren't the lightest either when u have to do it often.

I still think its great, just not for me..

Points on why I personally didn't look into buying one..

- No Stow N Go
- Less HP and probably much less HP in EV mode..
- Less Options than the Gas Version
- Smaller and not so great looking wheels
- Can't pick the modes EV/Hybrid/Gas.. Etc

If I was in the market for a hybrid, I would be all over it...

I am sure others are thrilled for it just not for me..

#43 ·
Heh, for me, saving upwards of $600 on gas a year...I will happily remove the seats occasionally. Also to have the more comfy capt chair in the second row...sold. Just have to ask yourself..how many times would I move those seats a year, divide that by the cost savings. For example: I use my full back in my T&C maybe 3 times a year...would I accept a $200 check to remove the seats each time...yep.

Loss of HP is negligible.
The fewer options is interesting but there is no option lacking that I will miss, outside of the LED headlamps (rear are still LED) I dont care.
18" wheels look fine to me. If I was really picky...that is an after market item.

I'm lazy, don't want to pick the mode anyway. Pretty sure I don't know a single hybrid driver personally that micromanages their vehicle. I used to think I would but then I actually owned a Hybrid and stopped caring about micromanaging.

Hoping mine arrives at the dealership early march.

#46 ·
No more 18" wheel option on the Platinum Hybrid. Only 17" now.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I ordered the Platinum two weeks ago in New England and they deducted $175 from the MSRP sticker because 18" wheels were no longer available as an option. Not sure why. They also said 12 week delivery but they didn't seem very confident in that. I'm hoping 16 weeks? Besides the one option of a sunroof, they also had a light and dark option for the interior. Those were the only two questions they asked. Last thing is that the entertainment system seemed to include the dvd screens in the back of the headrests on the Platinum, but again, don't think they were too sure. Thanks again to the person who posted that pdf powerpoint on the hybrid. It was very helpful listing all the features & available colors etc.

#47 ·
#48 ·
HID Headlights
HomeLink Garage Door Opener
Memory Driver's Seat
20 Speaker Harmon Kardon Audio
Glove Box LED Light
Liftgate LED Floodlight
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
Auto-Dimming Driver's Side Mirror
Power Folding 3rd Row
Power Folding Side Mirrors

These are definitely deal breaker for me. I will wait for next Gen. So sad.

#55 ·
I also would have ordered the hybrid if it had the same features as the Limited. I don't even mind the lack of stow and go, as I really would rather have those comfy looking rear seats. Hardly ever took the seats out of our Odyssey. But even when we did, it wasn't that hard. I'm sure it'll be the same for the PacHy seats.

#68 ·
Yes, power adjustment but manual folding. NOT power folding :(

#69 ·
One nuance that should be added to the first post: in the Hybrid, you lose the ability to tilt the second row seats forward (especially useful if a front-facing car seat is installed).

If you have two car seats in the second row, this makes access to the third row significantly more difficult (see Alex on Autos video that was posted above).

#71 ·
..... I'll try to keep the list in this first post up to date.

Here's the list of features that are NOT available in the Hybrid but are available in the gas-only Limited trim:

• HID Headlights
  • HomeLink Garage Door Opener
  • Memory Driver's Seat
  • Black/Deep Mocha Interior
  • 20 Speaker Harmon Kardon Audio
  • 20" Wheels
  • Glove Box LED Light
  • Liftgate LED Floodlight
  • Heated 2nd Row Seats
  • Super Console
  • Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
  • Auto-Dimming Driver's Side Mirror
  • Trailer Tow Package
  • Vacuum
  • Spare Tire
  • Power Folding 3rd Row
  • 3rd Row Headrest Dump From Front Seat
  • Power Folding Side Mirrors
  • Stow-N-Go 2nd Row Seats (by design)
  • 8 Passenger Seating
The specs on mine include auto dimming mirror and homelink.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.