2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Wait Time?

9K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  ScorpyMjolnir 
#1 ·
Anyone have an idea about the wait time for a Hybrid. We were looking at L-Plus options and Limiteds, but now are considering a Hybrid Platinum... sad about losing 8th seat, understand stow and go loss, you still have plenty of storage, but I don't want to wait a month to replace my car. I just turned in a VW thru the diesel buyback lawsuit settlement - so giving up 50 mpg with a diesel has ben hard.... 82 sounds great!

#3 ·
Hopefully wait times will be reduced in the coming months. I placed a sold order for Hybrid Platinum on 20 Dec16. Have gotten 3 build dates all canceled and pushed back. No idea when mine will be built at thais time. The hybrid will get much better milage some where around 32 MPG running on gas eve if you never charge the battery. No other mini van eve comes close.

#4 ·
I'm in the same boat as Tiz. My platinum hybrid was ordered on December 6 by the dealership, I bought it on December 26. It was supposed to be built on January 31, then February 3, then February 13, and now February 20. Needless to say, I don't trust that date either.

But I do hope the van is worth the wait!

#7 ·
You won't get it in a month!! You might get it sooner now that volume production has finally begun, but I'd figure on 10-12 weeks. Ordered mine on 12/13 and was told today it's going through assembly now. So I'm still probably 3 weeks away from seeing it at the soonest. I think it will be worth the wait though.

#9 ·
I placed my order in late December. My order status was D1 in mid Jan, but when I checked last week, I was told that the status was still in D...WTF...But she did say the estimated build date would be in the week of Feb 20. Now here's the sad part ... what makes it worse is that the dealer I ordered from is going out of business. I guess my order will be cancelled!? Now I'm trying to get my deposit back, as well as placing another order from another dealer. On the upside, I get to reconfigure my trim, and a much better price.

#10 ·
Now here's the sad part ... what makes it worse is that the dealer I ordered from is going out of business. I guess my order will be cancelled!? Now I'm trying to get my deposit back,
Not sure how much your deposit was, but I'd put all your energy into getting that back before the dealer closes up shop.

#12 ·
Bad news, maybe. I received an email about build constraints. This may or may not affect submitted orders. April build is referred to. The 20x7.5 Alum wheels are restricted (code WPA). Silver Teal might not be available until 2/15/2017 (Posted Jan 23). Surround View Camera is contrained (XAK).

Those might be cleared as the 'Hot Sheet' info can be un-reliable at times. The paint delay is from the hot sheet. The other two just emailed a few hours ago.

#14 ·
We're in the same boat with the TDI but they haven't started the buybacks in Canada yet. How did it go for you? We pre-emptively ordered a Pacifica Hybrid in anticipation of the TDI buyback because we only have the one car and didn't want to be without a car when they finally get around to taking the Golf. The only suitable replacements we found for our TDI Wagon were the Prius V and the Pacifica Hybrid. We have two kids now so minivan it is! But nothing beats the range and economy of the Diesel...except maybe the Pacifica.

#16 ·
I don't think your dealer is being truthful about the order date. The order banks didn't open for the hybrid until early December, and the silver teal color wasn't available to order for at least a few weeks after that.

#20 ·
Switching it to a "sold order" on 2/17 is probably the same as placing a new order on that date, assuming it hasn't been built yet. I wouldn't think getting it by May would be an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.