2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Ordered. in the club now.

27K views 89 replies 21 participants last post by  sethmeisterg 
#1 ·
Well I did it. My first Chrysler product will soon be in my driveway... that is, after the fine folks in Windsor, Canada build it that is.

Touring L Plus with ESS (Engine Stop-Start), Tusk White.

Options: Towing, Tire/wheel, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, NAV.

Price sheet attached.

$1000 deposit (small town dealer would not budge on that)

Will end up paying invoice of $42450 - $4000 in rebates/incentives. TTL is about $2700. They treated me right with my trade in. OTD: $34150 *

FYI: I did learn that, rebates/incentives are actually held over at end of month when they expire until new ones are released.

The dealer is Oak Harbor Motors located in Oak Harbor, Washington. I promised them word of mouth so here goes -- They have some decent deals on inventory! Very transparent dealership in a small military town. If they do customers wrong, they will get blacklisted by the Navy. No joke. They showed me the ordering process and even allowed me to click "submit" when it came time to send the order in. Out of the 4 times I have had to deal with various dealerships, this was by far the easiest and most comfortable experience. They won't budge on price when ordering, dealer invoice it is, but they are fair with trade ins and with on site inventory. They also explained folks that buy from them get priority when service is needed. I can appreciate that.

*price may change due to financing at time vehicle arrives, vs now as well as additional rebates/incentives that may come up.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on the order! I know you've been researching for a while. Hopefully, the wait will be short even though it will seem like an eternity! :)

Reactions: Gohawks1224
#5 · (Edited)
Thank you. Since November 2015 to be exact. :surprise: Thanks for all the help and advice!

Congratulations!

Thanks for posting the price sheet, lots of interesting information.
You are welcome. Any other questions just ask! I will keep this thread active as the build moves to the next stage.

#7 ·
What no Kia? HA! Like that was ever going to be an option other than in your sig. Good on you! I think we made the right decision taking the Chrysler plunge.
...as long as I didn't just jinx myself.

What are you driving now?

#9 ·
haha yeah... that Kia had some options like memory and ventilated seats that were priced at the Touring L Plus level, but that was about it. Pacifica killed it with the options and is probably a better light weight tow vehicle with brembo brakes and decent torque.

I am driving a loved 2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD. Will miss this car but I am starting to be ok with it going.

Congratulations!

>Will end up paying invoice of $42450 - $4000 in rebates/incentives

what incentives were you able to get...just wondering what i would qualify for. thanks,
Conquest, Capital, Sam's, Chrysler Cash... I think I am missing one. Was going to be the military one of $500 but the Sam's club of $1000 trumped it. I am also trying to push for dealer coupon... can't know until the van comes in and financing is done. I tried to use an old expired TDM but they think that is doubtful.

#11 ·
Woohoo. You finally took the plunge. Congratulations! Great to have you as a member even better to have you as a fellow owner. Don't forget, post pics or it never happened. ?

#13 ·
OK for those looking to order like I did, I'll continue to update this with my findings. I ordered Feb 2 and just checked in to the dealer Feb 10. It is in line, set up and waiting to be built. I take it that there is a prep station area and that is where it is at. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong (thank you ahead of time).

It also has a VIN assigned to it too. Expected finish date is Feb 20. Shipping process takes about 10-14 days depending on Trump and mother nature's mood.

Attached is the top section of the build sheet.

Attachments

#14 ·
You received allocation very quickly. On my side of the boarder the last event update was on the 8th with TBD. That seems to be the date the VIN was assigned So you have better access than me to that information. What I did see was a Ramp ETA for rail is 3/12/17. Curious.

Hope I didn't step past a line checking on that stuff. Mostly incomplete data.

#16 ·
Nice. That's quick.

Can someone check this vin? 2C4RC1GG4HR703528

Its in transit, and my dealer says I can have first dibs on it. Looks like a vin that is older than Gohawks. Thanks.

#17 ·
Nice. That's quick.

Can someone check this vin? 2C4RC1GG4HR703528

It's in transit, and my dealer says I can have first dibs on it. Looks like a vin that is older than Gohawks. Thanks.
2C4RC1GG4HR703528 says no window sticker exsits. I think that the stickers are generated right before shipping, after build or as the last step of a build. Both yours and mine do not have a window sticker. I will admit, I am drawing to conclusions through deductive reasoning, but it sounds logical.

I have seen a few dealers put, "in transit" as soon as the dealer's order was allocated.

Again, through deductive reasoning, Yours was built before mine as you pointed out. If mine has an Shipping ETA of the 20th, then yours should be right around the corner. That is 7389 Pacificas that were built between yours and mine.

All that said, Autonation of Houston (where you are getting it from) should be able to look it up once it is shipped. Ask them for the build order sheet.

#18 · (Edited)
oh and according to these guys the Window sticker is generated at KZ status.

And I found the Chrysler order codes here but it appears to be rather valuable to us that are ordering so I will post it here as well.

BA: New order that hasn't been checked
BB: Review by fleet department
BD: Special equipment processing
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe)
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer
ZA: Canceled

There might be a number or website to go to to check status of build instead of hassling the dealership. Maybe someone would like to share that info here? I am still looking for it, and will edit this when I find it.
*EDIT*

Crouch has the answer found here
Just get your VIN number or vehicle order number from your dealership then periodically call Chrysler at 800-334-9200. It will tell you the status of your car.

Observations: I did notice that, from the challenger forum groups, a typical challenger was built in 11 days after going D1. That was however back in 2008.

#20 ·
Thanks guys. The dealer website says in transit, I guess its just a generic term. My sales guy says they expect it end of Feb or early March. Just trying to get more detailed info without bugging the sales guy. I don't want to look to eager for negotiation sake!

#21 ·
That's how my dealer operates. Once the order is allocated, done weekly at this dealer, they put it on their dealer website and put, "in transit". Good for selling the car quicker. Not good for a consumer. Might as well order it.

#23 ·
Yea they can look it up on their computer, but its a hassle for them.

#24 ·
Why is that? This appears to be a dedicated line (option) for new owners.

#25 ·
Oh I was talking about at the dealership. They can connect directly to the ordering system over at Chrysler. Its kinda complicated and its semi dangerous as they can make changes real time. So when I was ordering my Wrangler, the order manager would come to my salesman's cubicle and enter his password for the system so he could look at it with me. Imagine if everyone had access to it and made a mistake and changing orders!

Anyway, still no window sticker on my vin (2/14).

Reactions: RecessionCone
#28 ·
You got the exact configuration I want ;-)

Did the price increase due to the ESS? I think the Key Sense option went up $20 too. The only other thing I may want on mine are the mudguards so that road gravel/debris don't scratch up the paint right behind the tires.

#29 ·
You're right, it went up $520! I wouldn't have ordered the Key Sense as my kids aren't going to be driving this car! I'll probably add the mudguards and front tint and a cargo mat. Silver is really hard to find. None of the local dealers seem to order it for their speculative orders. Mainly black or white cars. Its true for most Houston dealers. I personally hate it, and wouldn't get a white or black car because more than likely you'll see the same car model all over Houston! lol!

#31 · (Edited)
I really liked the billet silver they used on this van. I almost went with that color but I ALWAYS get silver so wanted to try something new. Tusk white is not a popular color in the PNW... black and cordovan and bright white are.

BTW, Just got word from Oak Harbor Motors that my order is in "F" status... Getting painted.

Still scheduled to be completed by midnight on the 17th, and shipped on the 20th of Feb.

Really like the relationship that has developed here with this dealership. I have been bugging them for almost a year now and finally ordered that van.

#33 ·
Update: No window sticker despite the ETA to ship of Feb 20th. However, I can now add my VIN to the Mopar garage and access the knowledge base section/download manuals.

#34 ·
So you don't get a window sticker before it ships? That's weird. That means mine might already be on its way to Houston. I'm lucky that Houston (Pearland) is one of the intermodal stops for the FCA line. At least it was for my Wrangler. So it should be a nonstop train ride from Canada and the same day truck ride to my dealer!

#35 ·
Not sure if mine has shipped yet. I havnt made the call to Chrysler yet (super busy).

#36 ·
Just called Chrysler Customer care number. Current status (updated three days ago) is JB: Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe) (auto body detailer). They said no ETA for shipping because they do not know when it will be returned from the detailer.

#39 ·
Yup same thing happens on the Jeep side. When I was ordering my Wrangler, if you added any options that were not on the quick order package, they actually build it first then send it out to a third party to install the items. Things like hard top insulation or side steps. Could really delay your order. There was a point where the third party installers ran out of something and delayed shipments further. lol. You'd think Chrysler could come up with something more efficient.

#44 ·
Still do not have a VIN, but my van has shipped. Takes about 2-3 weeks to make it to my location. I did find out, for those that live in Western Washington, Kent is the rail drop off spot.

#55 ·
Thought I could handle waiting an extra 10-14 days after it was shipped... but NOPE! Feel like a kid before Christmas... for a minivan at that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.