2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Chrysler Pacifica Limited (here comes the Mods)

71K views 171 replies 32 participants last post by  chase023 
#1 · (Edited)
I knew I couldn't leave my car alone, even a "Mini-Van"... Mini...lol

I've always personalized my cars one way or another.
My 300C SRT8 habit is rubbing off again on a new car.

It's a small start but it starts...

Billet Aluminum Power Seat Button Covers

List to come
- Brighter LED reverse Light
- Driver side & Passenger side Vanity Light LED Change (Yellow to white)
- Bumper Plugs (**** the dealer for putting a license plate holder in front)
- NUShield 8.4" and 10" Display protection
- Xpel Rear Bumper cover
- Carbon Fiber License Plate holder

Many more to come.. Just listing a few that are in the works..

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
No, I ordered the DIY kit for 2017 Chrysler Pacifica for $19.94 on ebay.

Xpel Ultimate PPF 60" x 6" Rear Bumper Applique Trunk Clear Bra DIY for Chrysler

I will post results after I apply it once I get it.

I am going to call a pro to apply the front clear bra later which will be costly on so I thought I could do just the trunk part for now

Reactions: MoPacifica
#5 ·
I am looking for a glass screen protector for the 8.4 and 10" screens. I have glass on my phone and it doesnt distort the display.

#10 ·
I decided I wanted to cover up the holes that the license plate that was mounted created so I used bumper plugs.
Thank you to PacificaJohn to recommend the bumper plugs in another thread.

They look good, like another set of front sensors so I am very happy with it.
Only thing initially that made me hesitate was that you need to drill larger holes for the plugs. My holes from the license plate was really small but overall I am happy.

1st Pic before plugs
2nd Pic After Plugs

Attachments

#14 ·
Nice job with plugs, I wonder if it's possible to have the dealer not drill the holes in the first place before delivery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

#11 ·
nice job with the plugs,....where did u get them from...the bumperplug official website has them pretty pricy for what they are....did u get cheaper ones

#13 ·
Nope.. I wished they had cheaper ones but I decided paint matching was a must so I got the official ones.

#12 ·
Next is my Rear BackUp LED replacement

I got the JDM ASTAR 1200 Lumen 144-EX Chipsets 7440 7441 7443 7444 992 LED Bulbs with Projector Xenon White

These things are much bigger than stock and much brighter.

I asked my wife to help me out because I wanted to take a look at the rear backup lights so I had her brake and put the car into reverse.
I guess I had one of them backwards or something because one wasn't working and my wife told me **** you buy a new car and something already is not working but then she goes Oh.. you were modding.. LOL

Attachments

#15 ·
I just replaced all 4 of my Vanity Light to all LED.

I got the LEDs from Super Bright LEDs (74-CWHP3)

I had to cut the LEDs slightly to make them fit because it was slightly too long..
I cut it and sanded it down smooth to have them fit nicely into the socket.

Wasn't easy but not too bad.

Took some pics of the bulbs vs LEDs.

The 2nd pic has a LED in the left side and on the right side is the OEM bulb.
Can you tell which is stock and which is the LED?

On to the Next Mod...

Attachments

#18 ·
I have made a couple of dealer in the past replace the whole bumper cover as they couldn't follow directions (NO HOLES), most of the time they have papers taped all over the vehicle before it goes to PDI....on my ordered Pacifica, wow, every phone call was a list of what to do and no do. Everyone at the dealer including the night security guard knew (no holes on bumper for DUKES).

As far as the rear LED reverse lights, one side took much longer as it wouldn't work! finally with in and out, wire bending etc. it finally worked and I buttoned it up. They are bright and have been helpful.

I too, do not like an ordinary vehicle and mod every one of mine.....

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
Nice exterior mods on your Pacifica Damoncaravanman, woo that nick is a doosey to say...LOL

How much did the running boards cost you? I might have to think about getting those done.. Looks nice..

Yup... gotta mod to at least personalize our vehicles a little not to be the same with all the other vehicles on the road.

#23 ·
Since it seems I was one of the first, in the Dallas Ft. Worth area to but running boards and have them installed (by the dealer), it was not cheap. I found the running boards on-line from another dealer that sells for less for 530.00. (list was 680.00) so I asked my parts guy to match the price, he did. (Mind you, the factory can put the boards on in the matching color of only 4 or 5 of the Pacifica colors, Tusk white was not one of them) so I ordered the bright white color so they could be scuffed and painted. I did not want the pre-ready scuffed boards as I tried that once and they were not done right. So, I got the boards in and they needed to be painted and installed. That was a mess as I wanted them covered under the Chrysler warranty so the dealer started out at 790.00 for paint and install, we fought on that and so they used a back up paint guy (glad they did) as he matched perfect by taking off the gas lid. The dealer agreed to 500.00 for paint and install and still griped as they said it took 4 hours to install. I told them that was a bunch of crap, that it is a 2 hour at the most as my last 4 Chrysler vans had running boards and the install is pretty much the same. So, it was pretty expensive at 1100.00 to get running boards on the van. And yes the door sensors still work with running boards (I was told that it would delete that feature).

#24 ·
A few more Mods..

First I applied the NuShield Screen Protectors for the Front 8.4 inch Screen and the back two 10 Inch Screens. They went on flawlessly and looks great. Can't even tell they are on and the pressure and touch sensitivity feels the same.
I must say NuShield Customer Service is great too.
I accidently messed up one side of my 10" screen. I pulled the front cover after it was applied and the entire screen protector came off and I didn't notice till I started scrunching all the trash. I told customer service I messed it up and I was figuring I had to cough up more money to replace it but luckily they were kind enough to replace my screen for no additional cost. I was very happy about that. I guess I am buying other screen protectors from them in the future.. LOL

Then added metal tire valve stem caps with the words "Chrysler". I guess I could of looked for ones with "Pacifica" but its alright.. I don't go for the plastic stock green caps. LOL

I decided I wanted to replace the side markers with LED ones. I used these for the front amber https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018GYMOZ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and for the rear red ones https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018GYRGH6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I was afraid the W5W bulbs were going to be too long but it fit fine.
Replaced the W3W with W5W/T10 LED bulbs.

As you can see in the pictures the first ones are the Stock and the 2nd are the LED. LED ones are much brighter for sure. Hopefully they don't heat up much more than the stock and they last longer.

Hope you guys don't mind me documenting my mods on here..

I am waiting on my Rear Red Brake light/turn signals but I might buy another brand (either the Alla or the JDM) to see which I like better. I have the Morimoto X-VF on their way. Also waiting on the front amber turn signals by LEDIN. I bought both versions, SMD and Cree so I guess I'll do a comparison and sell the ones I don't use.

The bigger mods like the Hood scoop, front fender mods, custom LED Door Sill Guards, and the running boards will probably be much down the road hopefully.
**** K&N hurry up with the Pacifica Air Filter so at least I can feel like I have a few extra horses than stock...LOL

Attachments

#28 ·
Then added metal tire valve stem caps with the words "Chrysler". I guess I could of looked for ones with "Pacifica" but its alright.. I don't go for the plastic stock green caps. LOL
The green caps aren't stock. Your dealer put those on to indicate that they filled your tires with nitrogen.

Be careful with metal valve caps. I used them on one of my cars a few years ago and learned too late that the dissimilar metals caused corrosion that fused the caps to the stems. Three out of the four valve stems snapped when I tried to remove the caps.

#27 · (Edited)
Do you happen to have one of those "cheap" laser temp gun? Would be sweet to let the lights run for about 5 min or so and then measure the temp of the stock vs the new leds at the light output side and at the connector side.

This is the one I have. I don't have a Pacifica yet so I can't do the measurements.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00837ZGRY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488023533&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=laser+temperature+gun+laser+grip+774&dpPl=1&dpID=41ptv1IXjRL&ref=plSrch

#31 ·
I just checked the chrsyler website for the "standard features" on the limited and it states LED Tailights. Is that a recent change? I thought the only exterior LEDs on the limited were the fog lights and the front LED strip along with the rear license plate lights and everything else was regular bulbs. Or are they referring to the brake light strip on the tailgate to be LED Tailights???

Thanks

#32 ·
The rear running lamps are LED, the ones that are the outter light that surrounds the brake and turn signal. The brake and turn signals are still regular bulbs.

#34 ·
Are you sure about that Damon? I haven't taken the fixture apart, and I make NO claim to expertise, but the manual indicates the stop/brake light is a W21/5WLL, which seems to be listed as an LED. Have I got that wrong?

#38 · (Edited)
Hey JPhi, this question should be for CHASE023 and not me. I haven't ordered anything. I am waiting on your guys to ordered, then test, then reorder something else then test again. :). I don't even have my Pacifica Limited yet.

Also JPhi you mentioned you installed the alla leds that don't hyperflash... are those a single red led that is used for both brake and turn signal in the rear?

Chase, please let us know what you decided for the front turn signals and if they hyperflash by themselves or in conjunction with the rear led turn signals if they hyperflash.

Thanks

#45 ·
I want to mount a Radar detector but I am not a fan of the Suction cup mount or the coil hanging thing, so I want to use Invisicord but not sure how I can access the power on the mirror so I can hang it from there avoiding the coil wire from the cigarette lighter port..

#46 ·
Pull on the front edge of the plastic cover where it meets the glass, down and back towards the seat. The cover will separate, hinging where the mirror's neck enters the cover, and snap off. The pink wire going into the mirror is the switched 12V, and of course black is ground. For my detector, I'm using an adhesive mount stuck to the glass -> search for ebay item #181171438994.

#48 ·
I do wish someone will figure out a way to stick chrome cast on the main screen and be able to switch back and forth. What's back there anyway? RCA/HDMI? Add a dedicated Harddrive and record all cameras like Dash cams.

I need it neatly put my radar detector and power it via the rear mirror. Anyone know how?

#51 ·
Coldest Temps has been 40 Degrees.. I live in Southern California so it doesn't get cold usually.

I still need to put in the front turn signals and rear brake light/turn signal soon.. I haven't had the time last week.

#52 ·
I finally got around to put in my LED bulbs.

I did comparisons

Front Turn Signals (Stock vs SMD LED / Stock vs Cree LED / SMD LED vs CREE LED)
Rear Brake Lights/Turn Signals (Stock vs Morimoto X-VF RED LED)

Here is what I came up with.

First front LED, it was a tight fit to get into the socket but I got in and got used to it.
I was worried that the Cree would not fit due to its long and larger size but it fit in without touching the front part of the housing.
Cree was the brighter than the SMD but I must say I the stock bulb seemed brightest.
This is probably due to the fact that the stock bulb fills the entire cavity of the housing better and much fuller than the SMD and the Cree LED. The LEDs have dark spots within the cavity but it was bright in the center.

The Rear brake lights/turn signals.
The Morimoto LED was much brighter on center compared to stock but the stock bulb seems to fill the housing better and looks full compared to slight spots on the LED side. The LED tho looked cooler because the red matches the LED bars in the rear. The stock bulbs seem to be slightly orange like the turn signals so that was interesting. I originally thought the stock light was supposed to look red but its slightly orange the more I looked at the stock. Its probably due to the fact that the bulb is white/yellow and the red housing.

In turn after all the testing I decided to keep the stock bulbs on the front turn signals and rear turn signal/Brake light because I did the test many times over and over to make sure the results were what I thought they were and even asked others opinions as well. Stock just fills the housing/reflector much fuller than the LED upgrades.
These are just my results and my personal opinion so others might differ.
I may in the future try out other LED bulbs to see if I like them better.

By the way none of the LEDs had any Hyperflashing which was a relief.

If anyone wants to purchase these LEDs from me, just send me a msg.
These were handled with gloves and also they were only used and socketed for testing.

I am selling these.. Other than me testing them out, they are pretty much new/excellent condition.

$36.00 Free shipping in Continental US
PWY24W LED Amber Front Turn Signal Light BMW F30 Audi A4 A5 Golf PW24W - PW24W - PWY24W - Shop By Bulb Type - LEDIN

$45.00 Free shipping in Continental US
LEDIN No Error PWY24W Amber CREE LED Front Turn Signal Light Audi VW BMW F30

$40.00 Free shipping in Continental US
Morimoto 7440 X-VF

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.