Uconnect Theater Crashing - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 123 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Uconnect Theater Crashing

Hi...I've had my Touring L Plus about six weeks. After a week of driving the Uconnect Theater started crashing and rebooting. As more time passes, the more frequent it is (every few minutes.) The screens crash, turn blue, then a black screen with two penguins in the upper left appear with the words "Please wait...booting..." Sometimes I have to eject the DVD to get it to work properly. Anyone have this happen? It's maddening! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 123 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 02:44 PM

That would drive me crazy as well. Sounds like a dealership trip is in your future for a software reload/reflash. Please let us know how the dealer solves this problem.

I don't have my Pacifica yet I have not experienced this problem. Hopefully you get it resolved quickly.
post #3 of 123 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 09:20 AM

Hey there - I experienced the exact same thing this past weekend on our 1st road trip- have you gotten any word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wschmidt View Post
Hi...I've had my Touring L Plus about six weeks. After a week of driving the Uconnect Theater started crashing and rebooting. As more time passes, the more frequent it is (every few minutes.) The screens crash, turn blue, then a black screen with two penguins in the upper left appear with the words "Please wait...booting..." Sometimes I have to eject the DVD to get it to work properly. Anyone have this happen? It's maddening! Thanks!

post #4 of 123 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 06:21 PM

Hi wschmidt & Soupy454, Me too faced the same issue on my Touring L Plus. Raised a case with UConnect and now scheduled a dealer visit for Diagnostics check. Lets see.
post #5 of 123 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 04:12 PM

I've had the system crash once in my Limited but it was right after inserting a 64GB usb drive into the rear entertainment port so I just figured it was an unsupported drive. I haven't tried that one again and haven't had a problem since.
post #6 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 09:52 PM

Any fixes for this yet? We have the same issue on our Elite. Every day after picking up the kids it crashes 3+ times on the way home. It never does it on the way to the daycare, so I am not sure if it is heat related. I was thinking it was when I charged by phone via USB, but it is still doing it with no USB devices connected.
post #7 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 03:39 PM

Best to bring it to the dealership at this point and have them take a look at it. I haven't heard of a fix or recall for it yet.
post #8 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wschmidt View Post

Got the exact model two weeks ago and had experience the same issue during our first road trip. The system crashes and rebooted on its own. This happened to me twice already. I also experience the climate control getting locked to Low and can't adjust as the system was not responding until I restarted the engine. It happened after a strong rain and I noticed that the temperature gauge shoots to 100+ degrees C.
post #9 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 03:47 PM

Another fun thing I have noticed. It seems to crash randomly, even when the rear screens are powered off. The kids fell asleep on the road trip last night, so we stopped the bluray on both screens and used the power off so it didn't illuminate the rear seats. 15 minutes later or so, both screens were powered on again (I assume because they rebooted, but we had the front screen on NAV/Satellite radio, so we didn't see the normal penguins). I would love to hear someone post back that they took it to the dealer and it was fixed. I'm hesitant to bring it in and have them tell me they cannot repeat the issue since it is so random.

Thanks,
post #10 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 03:16 PM

Started having the same problem just this week after about a month of no issues. I wonder if an update went out over the air that caused the problem. I have an appointment on Friday to check it out.

Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page