Remote Start/Climate Control issue - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Remote Start/Climate Control issue

Since it has been getting colder I have found myself using the remote start feature a lot lately.
I have noticed the following issue happening with the Climate system.

I set the temperature to 74 degrees (Auto ON, Sync ON) and shut off the car. After I remote start the car I enter and check the climate screen. The drivers temperature is now showing 64, the passenger and rear are showing 74 (Auto, Sync ON). The car is blowing cold air on the driver side and hot air on the passenger side. If I touch the driver temperature up on screen button it jumps to 75.

This is only happening if I use the remote starter. If I start the car normally all the temperatures are set correctly on the climate screen.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

2008 VW R32
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay View Post
Since it has been getting colder I have found myself using the remote start feature a lot lately.

I set the temperature to 74 degrees (Auto ON, Sync ON) and shut off the car. After I remote start the car I enter and check the climate screen. The drivers temperature is now showing 64, the passenger and rear are showing 74 (Auto, Sync ON). The car is blowing cold air on the driver side and hot air on the passenger side. If I touch the driver temperature up on screen button it jumps to 75.

This is only happening if I use the remote starter. If I start the car normally all the temperatures are set correctly on the climate screen.

My remote start seems everytime will set temperature to 'LO'....
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 10:13 AM

My van also sets both temps to "Lo" when remote start is used. I was hoping there was a solution. It makes remote start not useful at all.

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

I'll change the settings on mine when I get some time and report back.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpilot View Post
I'll change the settings on mine when I get some time and report back.

Any update?

I am thinking if any setup was stored in the car key so that everytime it just recall the original setting. For my car, the driver and rear always be 'LO', and the passenger side is always '73F' which looks like what I have set.
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonwang View Post
Any update?

I am thinking if any setup was stored in the car key so that everytime it just recall the original setting. For my car, the driver and rear always be 'LO', and the passenger side is always '73F' which looks like what I have set.
Sorry. Really nice day. Kid was at day care so we took my car out. Will get on it tomorrow for sure.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonwang View Post
Any update?

After multiple tests of remote start and normal tests I concluded that the van stays at whatever auto climate settings it was a last. If I leave the climate synced at 75. It will be 75 next time I start the van whether remote or normally.

post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 11:12 PM

Looks like your van works as expected.
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 11:51 PM
PVD

I have same observation.
Please let me know if you have contacted the support.

Thanks
PVD
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 09:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpilot View Post
After multiple tests of remote start and normal tests I concluded that the van stays at whatever auto climate settings it was a last. If I leave the climate synced at 75. It will be 75 next time I start the van whether remote or normally.
My experience is the same.....remote starts at same temperature settings as when vehicle was shutdown.
Note: I've only been using this and checked for heat settings, not A/C on cool settings.
irpilot likes this.

Lov'in my Touring-L Plus
Tow package w/ 18" wheels
Safety Tech, Key Sense
Hands free side doors & tailgate
Built Oct 2016

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page