Remote Start/Climate Control issue - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 27Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
JayKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 18
Remote Start/Climate Control issue

Since it has been getting colder I have found myself using the remote start feature a lot lately.
I have noticed the following issue happening with the Climate system.

I set the temperature to 74 degrees (Auto ON, Sync ON) and shut off the car. After I remote start the car I enter and check the climate screen. The drivers temperature is now showing 64, the passenger and rear are showing 74 (Auto, Sync ON). The car is blowing cold air on the driver side and hot air on the passenger side. If I touch the driver temperature up on screen button it jumps to 75.

This is only happening if I use the remote starter. If I start the car normally all the temperatures are set correctly on the climate screen.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

2008 VW R32
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
JayKay is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 02:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay View Post
Since it has been getting colder I have found myself using the remote start feature a lot lately.
I have noticed the following issue happening with the Climate system.

I set the temperature to 74 degrees (Auto ON, Sync ON) and shut off the car. After I remote start the car I enter and check the climate screen. The drivers temperature is now showing 64, the passenger and rear are showing 74 (Auto, Sync ON). The car is blowing cold air on the driver side and hot air on the passenger side. If I touch the driver temperature up on screen button it jumps to 75.

This is only happening if I use the remote starter. If I start the car normally all the temperatures are set correctly on the climate screen.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
My remote start seems everytime will set temperature to 'LO'....
Simonwang is offline  
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 10:13 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 4
My van also sets both temps to "Lo" when remote start is used. I was hoping there was a solution. It makes remote start not useful at all.
chate is offline  
 
post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator
 
irpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay View Post
Since it has been getting colder I have found myself using the remote start feature a lot lately.
I have noticed the following issue happening with the Climate system.

I set the temperature to 74 degrees (Auto ON, Sync ON) and shut off the car. After I remote start the car I enter and check the climate screen. The drivers temperature is now showing 64, the passenger and rear are showing 74 (Auto, Sync ON). The car is blowing cold air on the driver side and hot air on the passenger side. If I touch the driver temperature up on screen button it jumps to 75.

This is only happening if I use the remote starter. If I start the car normally all the temperatures are set correctly on the climate screen.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
I'll change the settings on mine when I get some time and report back.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
irpilot is online now  
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 09:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpilot View Post
I'll change the settings on mine when I get some time and report back.


Any update?

I am thinking if any setup was stored in the car key so that everytime it just recall the original setting. For my car, the driver and rear always be 'LO', and the passenger side is always '73F' which looks like what I have set.
Simonwang is offline  
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator
 
irpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonwang View Post
Any update?

I am thinking if any setup was stored in the car key so that everytime it just recall the original setting. For my car, the driver and rear always be 'LO', and the passenger side is always '73F' which looks like what I have set.
Sorry. Really nice day. Kid was at day care so we took my car out. Will get on it tomorrow for sure.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
irpilot is online now  
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator
 
irpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonwang View Post
Any update?

I am thinking if any setup was stored in the car key so that everytime it just recall the original setting. For my car, the driver and rear always be 'LO', and the passenger side is always '73F' which looks like what I have set.
After multiple tests of remote start and normal tests I concluded that the van stays at whatever auto climate settings it was a last. If I leave the climate synced at 75. It will be 75 next time I start the van whether remote or normally.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
irpilot is online now  
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 11:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 33
Looks like your van works as expected.
Simonwang is offline  
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 11:51 PM
PVD
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 5
I have same observation.
Please let me know if you have contacted the support.

Thanks
PVD
PVD is offline  
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 09:11 AM
Member
 
dabrandt22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 67
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpilot View Post
After multiple tests of remote start and normal tests I concluded that the van stays at whatever auto climate settings it was a last. If I leave the climate synced at 75. It will be 75 next time I start the van whether remote or normally.
My experience is the same.....remote starts at same temperature settings as when vehicle was shutdown.
Note: I've only been using this and checked for heat settings, not A/C on cool settings.
irpilot likes this.

Lov'in my Touring-L Plus
Tow package w/ 18" wheels
Safety Tech, Key Sense
Hands free side doors & tailgate
Built Oct 2016
dabrandt22 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ambient light control Mikeabn 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 20 01-14-2017 06:43 PM
Touchscreen and LCD Screen Issue tacohen Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 6 01-08-2017 06:41 PM
Pre-Inspection Issue Checklist before Receiving Minivan JJL Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 0 12-06-2016 01:59 AM
Cruise control concerns Mommy3610 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 20 11-03-2016 10:00 AM
Remote Start AC Question Lindseywright04 Interior 7 07-29-2016 02:51 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1