Screen protector for 8.4 Uconnect - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

It looks like they have 2 options for the rear seat screens, DayVue and Triple A. Do you know which ones you guys went with?

Ordered 9/19/16 -- Built 10/7/16 -- Delivered 10/27/16:
2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 01:16 PM

Does anyone have a good recommendation for what to use to clean the screens before applying the protector? As soon as we got home with the car my wife removed the factor screen protectors...so it immediately became necessary to find a good way to clean the screens before putting on the nushields. Nushield does have a product called "Klear screen" which should remove dust but we have a bunch of oily fingerprints too.
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPac56 View Post
I installed my screen protectors this past weekend and they fit perfectly. Very easy to install and look great also.

I would definitely recommend Nushield for anyone who wants to add screen protectors to their vehicle.
Awesome to hear. The first set were too rounded on the radius so I took some pics and sent them in to Nushield and they resized them. Glad they worked out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
It looks like they have 2 options for the rear seat screens, DayVue and Triple A. Do you know which ones you guys went with?
I've always used the Dayvue because it makes the screen look more deep and clear. Not sure how they do it but it's pretty awesome. I've never used Triple A on any of the vehicles I've put it on so not sure about that one.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfitz View Post
Does anyone have a good recommendation for what to use to clean the screens before applying the protector? As soon as we got home with the car my wife removed the factor screen protectors...so it immediately became necessary to find a good way to clean the screens before putting on the nushields. Nushield does have a product called "Klear screen" which should remove dust but we have a bunch of oily fingerprints too.
I use a non lint cloth that came with one of my TVs to get rid of smudges. I also have a screen cleaner that I bought from best buy that is safe for TV screens to get oils off. If you have any lint after you clean the screen take some scotch tape and make a loop with adhesive side out and use that to tap against the screen to get any lint off it. Lint removal is the biggest factor in a good installation. If you apply the protector over lint it will exaggerate the area because the lint will cause an air pocket around it. Just take your time and have a clean screen and it will come out great.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpilot View Post
I've always used the Dayvue because it makes the screen look more deep and clear. Not sure how they do it but it's pretty awesome. I've never used Triple A on any of the vehicles I've put it on so not sure about that one.
Cool, it looks like DayVue is glossy and Triple A is matte, so I bet the DayVue would keep the screens colors more vibrant. Is the film on the front screen any less prone to collecting fingerprints than the bare screen?

post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I went with the DayVue on irpilot's recommendation and I'm glad I did. It does not affect the clarity of the screen at all while cutting down on glare.

On a side note, I have to say how pleased I am with the both the uconnect screen and the 7" driver info screen. Both are very bright, clear and easy to read, even in bright sunlight. In coming from a vehicle that sunlight made digital readouts almost impossible to see, this is a very welcome change.

2017 Pacifica Touring-L Plus - Ordered 8/11/16, Purchased 10/13/16
Molten Silver - Black/Alloy - Black Seats
8 Passenger, Advanced SafetyTec, Uconnect 8.4NAV
Tire and Wheel Group, Interior Protection Pkg, Keysense, Spare Tire
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

I just ordered a set of DayVue films. Thanks for the recommendations!
irpilot likes this.

post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Cool, it looks like DayVue is glossy and Triple A is matte, so I bet the DayVue would keep the screens colors more vibrant. Is the film on the front screen any less prone to collecting fingerprints than the bare screen?
They do reduce fingerprints in comparison to the unprotected screen. Just leave the factory supplied screen protectors on all the screens until the Nushields arrive. It'll make installation easier.

post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpilot View Post
Just leave the factory supplied screen protectors on all the screens until the Nushields arrive. It'll make installation easier.
In people's experiences, does the dealer leave the factory-supplied screen protectors in place during PDI or do I need to make a special request?

2017 Pacifica Limited (Ordered 9/21/16 & Delivered10/28/16)

Velvet Red/Mocha - Advanced SafetyTec, Uconnect Theater & Sound, 20" Wheels, KeySense, Emergency Kit, Splash Guards, Interior Protection Package, Spare Tire
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga View Post
In people's experiences, does the dealer leave the factory-supplied screen protectors in place during PDI or do I need to make a special request?
In my case I asked for them to leave the protectors on. They ended up leaving the 8.4 unconnect's on but removed the 10" theater screens' protectors. I assume my dealer's policy is to remove them because when my Brother-in-Law (who is the service manager) saw the van , he said "O look, they forgot to take your screen protector off", and went to remove it before I stopped him and told him I wanted it on until I could replace it. So, I don't know what your dealer usually does, but I would suggest letting your salesman know you want them to stay.

2017 Pacifica Touring-L Plus - Ordered 8/11/16, Purchased 10/13/16
Molten Silver - Black/Alloy - Black Seats
8 Passenger, Advanced SafetyTec, Uconnect 8.4NAV
Tire and Wheel Group, Interior Protection Pkg, Keysense, Spare Tire

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page