Screen protector for 8.4 Uconnect - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Screen protector for 8.4 Uconnect

Hey guys/gals. I am working on ordering a screen protector for our Pacifica. I have ordered screen protectors from Nushield for the past few years and have always been impressed with the quality and customer service. I get the Dayvue ones and they do a great job of reducing the glare and a good job of minimizing finger prints. I sent them the measurement for the Uconnect 8.4 screen and they stated that the 2015 Dodge Challenger 2015 screen size is a match. It's up to you guys if you want to wait for me to get mine to verify the measurements or if you want to order now just put "2017 Chrysler Pacifica" in the comments and they'll give you a 100% money back guarantee. You can use code LED#10% to get a 10% off discount which will help a little. I am not affiliated with them what so ever, just a happy customer. I'm also waiting for them to send me a response about the measurements I sent for the 10" screens behind the front seats. I'll update the thread as I get more info.

Screen Protectors | Screen Shields | Custom Screen Protection
Mars_D and AAMC like this.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure it will matter, but the Challenger screen is resistive and the Pacifica screen is capacitive. They probably use a material that works with capacitive screens though. Anyone try using the screen with gloves yet?

Ordered 9/19/16 -- Built 10/7/16 -- Delivered 10/27/16:
2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Not sure it will matter, but the Challenger screen is resistive and the Pacifica screen is capacitive. They probably use a material that works with capacitive screens though. Anyone try using the screen with gloves yet?

It will work since they manufacture the same screen protectors for phones as well and phone screens have been capacitive for a while now.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 11:34 PM

pls post pics when u get them
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 12:50 AM

Wow, I need one, but do not see it on the website for the Pacifica.......do you have a part number?

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoncaravanman View Post
Wow, I need one, but do not see it on the website for the Pacifica.......do you have a part number?
as i understood it, you need to order 2015 Dodge Challenger 2015 then on comment put 2017 pacifica so they know you are getting it for pacifica
irpilot likes this.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 01:48 PM

Really interested to see how it is. I've personally never known/seen anyone put a screen protector on a vehicle screen. Odd right ?! But I'm highly interested
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 04:21 PM

those who prefer tempered glass can get something that was meant for an iPad and work with that, you'll obviously have some gap on the sides but how often do you really go right to the very end?

- 2010 300C SRT8
- 2017 Chrylser Pacifica (late 2016 delivery)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Hey guys. They've added the rear screens to their website. You'll find them under Chrysler Pacifica. They come in a set of 2 that's why the price is double at $36.00. The front is screen is under Dodge Challenger 2015. Again these and the ones for the front screen are based off my measurements. They will give you a money back guarantee for both if they don't fit or you can wait until next week when I get mine so I can verify fit. I would recommend it for the rear screens since they developed the radius for the corners off the pictures I sent. The measurements I took with a digital ruler so I know those are accurate. They reduced my measurements by 1MM for inconsistencies with the radius/corners on the rear screens. The front screen is cut at 90 degree angles so that doesn't have the same issues. I'll update the thread again once I get them in. I know these seem new to a lot of you but I've used them on multiple vehicles and really like them. Again no affiliation, just a happy customer and trying to help out fellow owners.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post
pls post pics when u get them
Will definitely update the thread with pics once I get them.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page