2017 Pacifica Husky Liners - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
I know you said it fits very snug but hows the gapping along where it meets all the ends it touches? not exactly easy to make that out through pictures. do you think in winter that road salt that we haul in (regardless of knocking your shoes/boots) could seep through?
The edge is not a watertight seal so it is possible that melting snow could seep underneath. However as I mentioned they do lay pretty flat, 3-5mm max gap. In addition, the overlap edge extends approximately to the plastic door-well mid-point. As such the uncovered door-well slopes slightly away from the liner edge and the moisture should should mostly either flow out or on top of the liner. In either case the result should be better than if the mat or liner only came flush to the plastic door-well, thereby leaving a gap at a low point versus a high point described above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 08:54 AM

I called Tuesday to weathertech and they STILL have no clue. I am driving around with the floor liners from my 2011, 2012, 2014 Town and Country in the front and middle. The 2nd row mat actually almost fits, but the front two well somewhat do.......I do not like black interiors and that black carpet in mine I hate, but no choice on the Limited as black carpet is the only color option. Even though the tan liners from weathertech don't look bad, they had announced months a go they would start a color called Mocha (between tan and black) so I keep waiting on weathertech. I am hoping they are not going to be like Husky and only offer black. The Husky looks good, nice fit etc, I just prefer a lighter color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160928_210840_resized.jpg (182.7 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg 20160928_210900_resized.jpg (175.9 KB, 162 views)

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW23 View Post
The edge is not a watertight seal so it is possible that melting snow could seep underneath. However as I mentioned they do lay pretty flat, 3-5mm max gap. In addition, the overlap edge extends approximately to the plastic door-well mid-point. As such the uncovered door-well slopes slightly away from the liner edge and the moisture should should mostly either flow out or on top of the liner. In either case the result should be better than if the mat or liner only came flush to the plastic door-well, thereby leaving a gap at a low point versus a high point described above.
Thought I would mention, if you trim off the grip bumps or spikes on the underside of the liner over the door well it lays down even closer than the tolerance I mentioned above, almost completely flat. In addition, if you are really concerned about seepage and not worried about removing the front liners for cleaning you could put down a strip of double sided automotive tape to get a proper seal.

post #14 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoncaravanman View Post
I called Tuesday to weathertech and they STILL have no clue. I am driving around with the floor liners from my 2011, 2012, 2014 Town and Country in the front and middle. The 2nd row mat actually almost fits, but the front two well somewhat do.......I do not like black interiors and that black carpet in mine I hate, but no choice on the Limited as black carpet is the only color option. Even though the tan liners from weathertech don't look bad, they had announced months a go they would start a color called Mocha (between tan and black) so I keep waiting on weathertech. I am hoping they are not going to be like Husky and only offer black. The Husky looks good, nice fit etc, I just prefer a lighter color.
At some point either Huskyliners or Weathertech will come out with a tan or brown color that will be a better match for your van and in the meantime you at least have a workable solution. You should email Steve Bower at Huskyliners about color choices as well, at least they have a production ready design.
post #15 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Front Husky Liners are in! See attached pictures, I am pretty pleased overall with the look and match to my interior color scheme. In addition the coverage or protection is excellent, as good as any Weathertech liner sets I have purchased previously for other cars. The only thing I don't really like is the fact that the passenger side doesn't snap into the factory mounts as nicely as the drivers side. Don't get me wrong, the passenger liner still fits very snug (the underside of the mat is covered in molded bumps for grip to the carpet and the oem mounting posts fit up into the molded liner) but it is still not quite as nice as the oem style snap connections on the drivers side.

The front pair were $99.95, no tax and free 3 day shipping; ordered Thursday and they arrived today. They currently only have the black color and I had to order via phone because as of Thursday they weren't yet posted online. If you are interested just call 800-344-8759 (reference item # 13011) and email Steve Bower at sbower@huskyliners.com for notice when the rear and cargo liners are released. He suggested 3 to 4 weeks for release of the 2nd row and cargo liner and a few more weeks for the 3rd row, but I wouldn't hold your breath as timelines for these liners have been pretty unreliable to date.

KW
I just installed my mats today, and don't understand why the passenger side doesn't snap like the driver side. I was also thinking the mats were the more rubber model they make, but instead they are the more plastic weatherbeater model. Overall though they fit great and should provide great winter protection.
post #16 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgeek View Post
I just installed my mats today, and don't understand why the passenger side doesn't snap like the driver side. I was also thinking the mats were the more rubber model they make, but instead they are the more plastic weatherbeater model. Overall though they fit great and should provide great winter protection.
Yeah I mentioned the passenger side mounts in my initial post as well, it's a little strange that they have a different design for each side. I can't imagine the cost difference between the two is that significant, a few dollars at most.

Concerning your comment about the material, I assume using a more rigid plastic mix allows for higher side walls. Weathertech does the same thing, front liners are a more rigid plastic than the rubberized rears which generally have lower side walls and larger surface area, which necessitates more flexibility for ease of installation.
post #17 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 02:40 PM

Very, very nice. I emailed WeatherTech a month or two ago, but never got any concrete info from them. They just said that they were going to wait and see how many people request the mats. Then they sent me a survey asking which mats I would be interested in. I never saw Hunky mats in real life, so I'm glad you sent the pic.
post #18 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepags View Post
Very, very nice. I emailed WeatherTech a month or two ago, but never got any concrete info from them. They just said that they were going to wait and see how many people request the mats. Then they sent me a survey asking which mats I would be interested in. I never saw Hunky mats in real life, so I'm glad you sent the pic.
Are you serious? They totally have their head up their asses to ask such a question after months of people asking......Do you still have that survey you could post the link on.

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Update from Huskyliners

See pictures attached of test fit 2nd and 3rd row Huskyliners. Below is my take on them and the email string of my questions and their responses. Overall I am on the fence as I really like the coverage but lack of stow'n'go accommodations is concerning; not that I am in and out of those bins on a constant basis but having to remove the liner every time I need access sounds like a pain. At this point I am leaning toward waiting a little longer to see the Weathertech (hopefully they hit their latest 2 to 3 week timeline) design before pulling the trigger.

The Good:
Excellent overall coverage with door well overlaps just like the front.
Appears to extend far under the 1st and 2nd row seats.
Available in other colors (tan and grey) than black with special order (already mentioned in the Weathertech Thread).

The Bad:
Not designed to allow easy access to 2nd row stow'n'go floor compartments, see specifics below.
- Doesn't connect to second row mounting holes on stow'n'go floors.
- Made out of the same material (more rigid plastic) as the front, so folding over would be difficult.
Not adjustable for switching back and forth between 8 and 7 seat config, have to cut a hole in the aisle piece for 8 seats.

Emails:

Me
Is the material used the same as the front? More rigid plastic versus flexible rubberized material? The reason I ask is that I am curious about how the second row liner accommodates the stow'n'go floor doors; i.e. can it be folded over or does the whole liner (from driver to passenger door) have to lift up in order to access the stow'n'go floor well on either side?

Does the second row liner have mounting posts on the underside that allow it to attach securely to the factory mounting holes in the stow'n'go floor doors?

Concerning the middle aisle cutout, do you essentially cut out the whole flat part in the middle well (depressed area) for 8 passenger seating configuration? Assuming so, short of buying 2 third row liners do you have any thoughts on how someone would be able to achieve coverage in both (with and without middle seat) scenarios?

When will all the pieces be available?

Huskyliners
The WeatherBeater material is our standard material. It is flexible, but not “rubbery”. The Xact Contour products are made from a more rubbery material -- but the tooling is much more expensive which does limit the applications we add for this product line.

The 2nd seat liner provides full passenger floor pan area coverage and in doing so it extends over the access panels that open to allow seat storage. In all honesty it will not allow easy access to stow the 2nd row seats with the liner in place. You should be able to tip the liner up to stow seats but it would be easier to just slip the liner out to do this.

We do not put “reverse posts” in the liners like the factory mats use. The liner is trapped on by the seat brackets and they are not going anywhere! The trim area on the 3rd seat liner is has a raised rib “boundary” which, even if trimmed, keeps the liner water tight. That allows it to work with bench or bucket 2nd row models.

The cargo liner should ship this week. The 2nd/3rd row liners will follow closely. We held the 2nd up a couple of days as the 3rd was moving faster than planned and we wanted to check the match-up of the 2nd to the 3rd before going further.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161110_144707 2.jpg (111.0 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg 20161110_144804.jpg (88.7 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg 20161110_144845.jpg (110.5 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg 20161110_144948.jpg (83.8 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg 20161110_150615.jpg (80.5 KB, 193 views)
irpilot and Gohawks1224 like this.

Last edited by KW23; 11-16-2016 at 09:58 PM.
post #20 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
See pictures attached of test fit 2nd and 3rd row Huskyliners. Below is my take on them and the email string of my questions and their responses. Overall I am on the fence as I really like the coverage but lack of stow'n'go accommodations is concerning; not that I am in and out of those bins on a constant basis but having to remove the liner every time I need access sounds like a pain. At this point I am leaning toward waiting a little longer to see the Weathertech (hopefully they hit their latest 2 to 3 week timeline) design before pulling the trigger.

The Good:
Excellent overall coverage with door well overlaps just like the front.
Appears to extend far under the 1st and 2nd row seats.
Available in other colors (tan and grey) than black with special order (already mentioned in the Weathertech Thread).

The Bad:
Not designed to allow easy access to 2nd row stow'n'go floor compartments, see specifics below.
- Doesn't connect to second row mounting holes on stow'n'go floors.
- Made out of the same material (more rigid plastic) as the front, so folding over would be difficult.
Not adjustable for switching back and forth between 8 and 7 seat config, have to cut a hole in the aisle piece for 8 seats.

Emails:

Me
Is the material used the same as the front? More rigid plastic versus flexible rubberized material? The reason I ask is that I am curious about how the second row liner accommodates the stow'n'go floor doors; i.e. can it be folded over or does the whole liner (from driver to passenger door) have to lift up in order to access the stow'n'go floor well on either side?

Does the second row liner have mounting posts on the underside that allow it to attach securely to the factory mounting holes in the stow'n'go floor doors?

Concerning the middle aisle cutout, do you essentially cut out the whole flat part in the middle well (depressed area) for 8 passenger seating configuration? Assuming so, short of buying 2 third row liners do you have any thoughts on how someone would be able to achieve coverage in both (with and without middle seat) scenarios?

When will all the pieces be available?

Huskyliners
The WeatherBeater material is our standard material. It is flexible, but not “rubbery”. The Xact Contour products are made from a more rubbery material -- but the tooling is much more expensive which does limit the applications we add for this product line.

The 2nd seat liner provides full passenger floor pan area coverage and in doing so it extends over the access panels that open to allow seat storage. In all honesty it will not allow easy access to stow the 2nd row seats with the liner in place. You should be able to tip the liner up to stow seats but it would be easier to just slip the liner out to do this.

We do not put “reverse posts” in the liners like the factory mats use. The liner is trapped on by the seat brackets and they are not going anywhere! The trim area on the 3rd seat liner is has a raised rib “boundary” which, even if trimmed, keeps the liner water tight. That allows it to work with bench or bucket 2nd row models.

The cargo liner should ship this week. The 2nd/3rd row liners will follow closely. We held the 2nd up a couple of days as the 3rd was moving faster than planned and we wanted to check the match-up of the 2nd to the 3rd before going further.
Thanks for the info. I think they look pretty good. I wonder what they will cost.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page