2017 Pacifica Husky Liners - Page 5 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 09:56 PM

So I originally ordered the Mopar rubber weather mats for all three rows plus the cargo area. I hated how the space between the second row and doors was left unprotected. So I ended up returning the Mopar mats for the three rows, but kept the cargo mat because that fit perfectly. Instead I ordered the Huskey mats for the three rows, which I just received. While they do provide better coverage, the mats are not a perfect solution by any means. As KW23 has so kindly pointed out, the mats were designed to fit the space of the van, but not the functionality. I think it is a little silly to spend $270 (on sale) on mats that you then have to spend time cutting just so that the front two seats can slide back and the middle seats can fold forward. Also, the front passenger side mat does not have the matching counterpart to be able to "click" the mat down like the driver side does. They clearly have the capability to make it match the driver side, but chose not to. That being said, with the spikes on the back,the passenger mat grips the carpet underneath, but seems like a shortcut to me. Lastly, in the areas where the second and third row mats meet, there is not smooth transition. It is not like they connect or clip onto one another. One just rests over the other. I noticed in the middle walkway, the transition is so bad that one could actually trip and fall if their foot was to get snagged on the lip of the mat that sticks up. Not sure if this will get better over time as the mats come shipped folded which deforms them a little.
Maybe the weathertech mats will be a better solution,especially seeing that they are taking their time to produce them. Maybe they are working through all of the design flaws the Huskey mats have. So overall opinion....... Huskey is better than Mopar mats, but if you can hold out to see what weathertech brings to the table, I would.
Gohawks1224 likes this.

2017 Pacifica Limited 7pax
Tusk White/Black Mocha
Safety Package, Sunroof/Moonroof, Vacuum,
Add-ons: Tinted front windows and windshield, weatherproof mats, rear bumper protector and mud flaps.
post #42 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 08:02 AM

17lim, thanks for the honest feedback on the Husky mats. Too bad Mopar can't make the 2nd row or third row mats fit better. A slight redesign and they would probably get the thumbs up from many folks. The complaints on the oem are pretty much from the 2nd row edges meeeting with the third in the area by the doors and the third row extending a little more under the 2nd row seats.

But in their defense they do offer the best access to the stow and go bins as well as the easiest ability to actually put in and remove the mats for cleaning etc compared to the other solutions that are out there.

Let's see what weathertec brings to the table.
17lim and peanutmom2001 like this.
post #43 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 08:41 AM

Garage
Lloyds Northridge mats
https://www.carid.com/2017-chrysler-...-15326779.html
Pros:
Very easy to fold over for stow-n-go
Can get large cargo mat that goes over the stowed 3rd seat area, and matches up with 3rd seat mat (see pic below)
Numerous color choices available
Cons:
No liquid or edge dams, door sill edge coverage

FYI:
I have the Husky Liners up front, where the serious winter wear coverage is needed. I also now have the Huskies for the 2nd and 3rd row, and will need to rework as shown by other posters on this thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mat1.jpg (146.4 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg Mat2.jpg (162.1 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg Mat3.jpg (205.1 KB, 121 views)
17lim likes this.

Lov'in my Touring-L Plus
Tow package w/ 18" wheels
Safety Tech, Key Sense
Hands free side doors & tailgate
Built Oct 2016

Last edited by dabrandt22; 12-20-2016 at 08:44 AM.

post #44 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrandt22 View Post
Lloyds Northridge mats
https://www.carid.com/2017-chrysler-...-15326779.html
Pros:
Very easy to fold over for stow-n-go
Can get large cargo mat that goes over the stowed 3rd seat area, and matches up with 3rd seat mat (see pic below)
Numerous color choices available
Cons:
No liquid or edge dams, door sill edge coverage

FYI:
I have the Husky Liners up front, where the serious winter wear coverage is needed. I also now have the Huskies for the 2nd and 3rd row, and will need to rework as shown by other posters on this thread.

Question, is that back lloyd mat flexible enough that you could velcro it to the back of the third row and have it stay in place as you move the seat in position and stow it?
post #45 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 07:51 AM

I guess I am just one of the few that is still going to wait on Weathertech, as mad as I have gotten over the miss-information over the last 7 months, the anticipation that it will only be one more week etc. I did speak to a head hancho over at Weathertech last week and it was a 32 min. conversation and the conclusion was that I am going to continue to wait for the Weathertech laser mats. They had tested and tested and want the mats to be perfect with in acceptable range. No gaps, no fitment issue, no functionality issues. I can understand that as I have probably bought over 30 sets of mats in my time (still have like 10 in storage from past vehicles that I have yet to sell or give away). I also want the mocha color as others do not offer such. What is funny is that the head hancho said he could send me some of the "cut to fit" mats for the front while I wait, I stated "no, I am using my first and second row mats from my 2014 Town and Country and even though the front do not fit completely perfect, they are close and are really doing the job and the second row mat really kinda fits in a way" and I chuckled.

I did want coverage to the cargo area.......and that to me is behind the second seats to the rear as I never have the 3rd row up. So I went to AmericanFloormats.com and ordered the rear cargo (with 3rd seat down) rubbertite mat, and wow it leaves 2 ft open behind the second row seat and does not fit flush from side to side. When I called they said that I would need to buy the 3rd row mat to make that rear mat cover all the way to rear of second row. Well, NO, cause the pic was misleading and I don't want even a 1/2 " gap between the mats. So, rushing to get a product out does sometimes hinder.

Even if it is going to be a couple of months, which I was told shouldn't be that long at all as they made new molds last week, I would rather spend 300 on almost 100% fit and ease of use then spend 270 on Husky and wish I had waited. I plan to keep this van (I always say that and it's no.31) and want to keep it right with the accessories. Here are some older pics of the night I got the Pacifica and I had put my 2014 mats in it just to cover the ugly to me black carpet.

For some reason pics are not loading......I will try later......but they are at the first of this thread I think.

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #46 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 06:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by middleurb View Post
Question, is that back lloyd mat flexible enough that you could velcro it to the back of the third row and have it stay in place as you move the seat in position and stow it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoncaravanman View Post
Snip....I did want coverage to the cargo area.......and that to me is behind the second seats to the rear as I never have the 3rd row up. So I went to AmericanFloormats.com and ordered the rear cargo (with 3rd seat down) rubbertite mat, and wow it leaves 2 ft open behind the second row seat and does not fit flush from side to side. When I called they said that I would need to buy the 3rd row mat to make that rear mat cover all the way to rear of second row. Well, NO, cause the pic was misleading and I don't want even a 1/2 " gap between the mats. So, rushing to get a product out does sometimes hinder.
I have the Husky Liner for front row, 2nd row, and 3rd row. Also have the Lloyd's Northridge 2nd row, 3rd row, and large cargo with 3rd seat down mats. Have decided that the best arrangement for me is Husky Liner front, 2nd, and 3rd, with Llyod's large cargo as I normally have the 3rd seat stowed. (see pics below)

Items to consider:
1. Best coverage vs stow-no-go convertabilty is a trade-off.
2. Husky Liners are stiff
3. Lloyd's Northridge are very flexible, and can easily be flipped for 2nd row stow-n-go
4. The large Lloyd cargo mat fits up very nicely with the Husky 3rd row liner. This is what I'm going with.
5. The large Lloyd cargo mat needs to be removed, when using 3rd row seat. Too wide to stow in rear cargo compartment.
6. The Lloyd's 2nd / 3rd mats are designed for the 8th seat, and can ONLY be ordered this way. Currently working with Lloyd's to get some stock material to make filler piece for the open area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mat1.jpg (157.9 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg Mat2.jpg (327.1 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg Mat3.jpg (162.0 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg Mat4.jpg (194.6 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg Mat5.jpg (150.3 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg Mat6.jpg (130.5 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg Mat7.jpg (139.7 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg Mat8.jpg (122.2 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg Mat.jpg (142.7 KB, 102 views)
MikeyG likes this.

Lov'in my Touring-L Plus
Tow package w/ 18" wheels
Safety Tech, Key Sense
Hands free side doors & tailgate
Built Oct 2016

Last edited by dabrandt22; 12-24-2016 at 06:02 AM.
post #47 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 06:56 PM

Weathertech mats are now avail, here are pics of the mats in the Pacifica
peanutmom2001 likes this.

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:

Whaaaaaat? I thought they'd never show. Looks nice 4 colors @$110 for the front row.
post #49 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 10:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Woo! Placing that order soon!

post #50 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:30 AM

Garage
I just got the full set of husky liners. Still need to live with them and the van for that matter, for a bit to truly see how they hold. They're husky, should be ok, right? I like the fronts but like most I wish the passenger side clipped in the way the driver's does. Nice and snug for the most part there. The boot liner is good, both front and back seem decent fitment. It's the second and third rows that are making me annoyed somewhat. Given what these things cost, I'd rather not trim too much. I have the bench so i had to cut the third row anyway and trimmed that little excess piece to use. We keep one second row seat stowed, so that piece "fits" in that space for now, as I continue to play with fit of the back rows. Nothing is laying flat, flat yet as the mats just came a few days ago. I warmed them up best I could but it's winter, right?? Giving them time to settle before I go hacking on the second row... behind the driver's, again like some have seen, issues with fitting it behind and under the seats "runners" or tracks. The third row has a bow in it still and doesn't fit the way I think it should. Covers decent and that's the higher traffic area minus the driver. I like the mats material as well, stiff yet also malleable enough to move into place. Looks to be very durable. Cut easy enough with a sharp box knife. Again I'm not looking forward to added cutting though, any hints from current users?
Overall, right now I like them given there coverage, to keep this thing clean from winter muck and the tornados of mess that are my lovely children. We'll also see once we have to use the stow n go on the fly, if we'll curse them too much. I'll come back to update on that.
Just my simple review ....nice to meet you all as well!

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring - L in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl with Black/Alloy inside. Optional equipment; Customer Preferred Package 25L, Alpine Sound Group, 8 passenger, KeySense, complete Husky Liners end to end. Built 09/16.

Last edited by MikeyG; 01-06-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page