Kids kick pads for seats - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
Kids kick pads for seats

Does anybody know what kind of cover you can use to protect the seats from scuff marks from kids kicking? I have the tablets so the straps have to be very large.
mamamaya is offline  
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator
 
generaltso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,311
Hi mamamaya. Welcome to the forum! I noticed a duplicate thread, so I deleted the other one.

I'm also interested if anyone has found a good solution for this. My seat backs (and theater screen backs) are already getting all scuffed up with 2-year-old sized dirty footprints. But I'm not really sure how we can protect them without blocking access to the rear screens.

Ordered 9/19/16 -- Built 10/7/16 -- Delivered 10/27/16:
2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards
generaltso is online now  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 46
I have ones that I bought at ToysRUs (their brand). I do not have the entertainment system, so can't say for sure that they will fit your seats. However they have stretchable straps and an easy clip that you could undo when the kids wanted to watch the screen.
17lim is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 153
Seat back protection

My kids just cannot keep their feet off the back of the front seats. What are people using to protect the plastic there from dirt and scuffs? Ideally, I'd like some kind of film that covers the plastic.
JPhi is online now  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator
 
generaltso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhi View Post
My kids just cannot keep their feet off the back of the front seats. What are people using to protect the plastic there from dirt and scuffs? Ideally, I'd like some kind of film that covers the plastic.
Hi JPhi. I've merged your thread with this existing one on the topic. I still haven't found a solution that would work with Uconnect Theater. If you don't have have Uconnect Theater, you could use something like these. That's what we used in our old car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered 9/19/16 -- Built 10/7/16 -- Delivered 10/27/16:
2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards
generaltso is online now  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Hi JPhi. I've merged your thread with this existing one on the topic...

Thanks, I knew I saw a tread about this, but just couldn't come up with the right search terms!
JPhi is online now  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:13 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Hi mamamaya. Welcome to the forum! I noticed a duplicate thread, so I deleted the other one.

I'm also interested if anyone has found a good solution for this. My seat backs (and theater screen backs) are already getting all scuffed up with 2-year-old sized dirty footprints. But I'm not really sure how we can protect them without blocking access to the rear screens.


As an alternative to covering the seat back/screens, how about covering the child's shoes? Perhaps a large sock or booty that slips on easily over the shoe. Probably easier said than done.

2017 Pacifica Limited (built May 2016)
Vacuum delete, KeySense and Tow
shawnee is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator
 
generaltso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnee View Post
As an alternative to covering the seat back/screens, how about covering the child's shoes? Perhaps a large sock or booty that slips on easily over the shoe. Probably easier said than done.
Yeah, that may work for some. But my 2 year old would just take them off. Taking his shoes off would be an option as well, but that's too much work when you're in and out of the car a lot.

Ordered 9/19/16 -- Built 10/7/16 -- Delivered 10/27/16:
2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards
generaltso is online now  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 367
I too am going to need a solution to work with uconnect. Rented a Pacifica this weekend and the back of the passenger seat was horrendous from the shoes of our 2.5 year old. He insists and using the back of the front seat and the method for him to attempt to push himself up in his car seat even though he is strapped in.

A cover of some sort is a must.

I also need something for under the car seat to protect the regular seat.
cue003 is online now  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue003 View Post



I also need something for under the car seat to protect the regular seat.

I've been using two of these for years and they work great.

Summer Infant Elite DuoMat for Car Seat, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00368CLXW..._6Oa0yb6RGSBRS

The high back protects the seat from splatters with a rear facing seat, and the seat pad is great for front or rear facing.
JPhi is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1