2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

PHEV orders live

82K views 266 replies 75 participants last post by  Azazzetta 
#1 ·
I just got confirmation orders are live.

Can anyone who has placed an order comment on their pricing when they placed an order, and what incentives can be applied?

What I have so far:

Platinum MSRP 46090
Invoice 45590

Dealer said no delivery until 2017

#5 ·
Anyone try to negotiate a price before incentives with a dealer?

I think the Sam's Club $1,000 ends in early January too. Who knows if that will stick around.

I've been considering the PHEV but have a few concerns. One is that I doubt they will budge much on price on these things compared to the gas models since I'm betting these will be in high demand. Second is that it's hard to say whether or not the $7,500 tax credit will stick around with Trump in office. Would really suck to bank on that money and get the shaft. Although looking at prices of a Touring-L Plus doesn't put you real far from the Platinum Hybrid. Seen several Touring-L Plus's at $43k MSRP and they didn't have the Advanced SafetyTec group.

I thought I had read that you wouldn't be able to get the Premium PHEV until mid next year?

#8 ·
I just placed an order for the hybrid. Very excited. The only options were the sunroof ($1,795), wireless charging for a cell phone ($350), and mud flaps. We ordered the Platinum, which is the only model available to order, with the sunroof for a total price of $47,885. Dealer said the dealer invoice was only $150 below MSRP which to be a very small margin compared to other vehicles. They did offer me 1% below invoice for a final price of $47,524. I would be curious if anyone else was able to get a better deal? Granted we wanted this car yesterday so the dealer knew we didn't have a whole lot of negotiating power.

A few options that I noticed were missing compared to the Limited are HID lights, memory seats, the vacuum, and auto dimming mirrors. Not sure about the power 3rd row. On the sheet it says "3rd Row Fold in Floor 60/40 Bench"

Dealer said car was scheduled to be produced in February.

#13 ·
Dealer said the dealer invoice was only $150 below MSRP which to be a very small margin compared to other vehicles
I'd be surprised if the margin was that tight. The OP lists the margin as $500, which is probably closer. It certainly seems the margins are a lot smaller than the gas-only version.

#15 ·
The tax credit reduces your taxable income by $7,500. It does not give you an actual $7,500. So if your income was $30k, it would knock it down to $22,500, so you would effective pay less tax. Some one please correct me if I an wrong but this is how it works for solar panels at least.

#16 ·
I walked to a Los Angeles area Chrysler dealer today and asked about preordering. They had no idea what I was talking about. They said none were being manufactured before Jan 1. They also had no brochures or information. I am not sure how there is such a wide gap in knowledge between dealers.

#30 ·
I ordered a Pacifica Hybrid Platinum in Jazz Blue Pearl with Sunroof package and splash guards (no wireless charging pad for us, we are iPhone users) on Thursday morning. I paid an even $48000. The dealer showed me invoice pricing which was something like $47,8ish. There is clearly not much markup when you add the sunroof package. I'm sure if I shopped around I could have saved some money but I was given the one allocation that this dealer received and they already called me with my VIN number Friday afternoon. I would have shopped around more had it not been for the $7500 tax credit, which based on our tax situation we are certainly eligible for as long as it still exists next year. Plus if the Sam's Club $1000 is still available and valid on the hybrid when the van arrives I will do that as well as whatever other incentives might be available. I am also considering the Maximum Care Warranty since this is a brand new vehicle, and my dealer has offered it to me at their cost, but we haven't priced it out yet. I am not a patient person so waiting will be tough but I am excited to already have a VIN!

:grin2:

#37 · (Edited)
(no wireless charging pad for us, we are iPhone users)
:grin2:
My first post here.

Congrats on the order. About to pull the trigger on mine as soon as I decide between Bright White and the Billet Silver. Seems like No Silver Teal EV color available yet, strange.

I just wanted to add that I am getting the wireless charging pad as it seems it should work with iPhone. The picture on the Pacifica configurator screen shows an iPhone and the text says: "Wireless Charging Pad: Built-in charging eliminates the need for cords. The wireless charging pad includes a phone-specific case." Even if they don't give us the needed iPhone 7 Plus case, I looked and there are many thin cases for sale with a home charging pad for about $30. The last integration feature I am hoping for is the ability to see the Waze app on the big screen which the dealer told me today he read is now possible with this latest U-connect only in the hybrid at this time. That will need to be verified for sure, but if so, sweet.

For pricing, I went to my local stealership and they wanted $2500 over MSRP. Then I called another one, and they said MSRP is price and they have heard some dealers are buying inventory from other dealers and charging 10K over MSRP (truth may lie in the middle, but seems possible). I finally called a dealer 30 miles outside of DC Metro and got immediately quoted for 48,385 MSRP, 48,125 invoice minus 1419 dealer hold back, so for my fully loaded with sunroof, charging pad, and mud flaps, I am at 46,706 + tax/tags which is 1679 below MSRP. My price sheet shows invoice is only 260 below MSRP and the dealer even said that he never saw such a tight margin on any other car. Hope this helps others.

#34 ·
Hi All,

For those of us here in CA and who intend to place orders in the near future, any interest in trying to do a group buy? I'm in NorCal but can buy anywhere in CA. Started contacting some dealers here in NorCal and will report back with pricing info when I have it.

#38 ·
Wow, that's a great price! Is your dealer Koons by any chance? I have a diesel Grand Cherokee and when I bought Koons had a great group buy deal going on (but alas, they won't sell to us Californians!).

One of the dealers I contacted here in NorCal is adding a $5k mark-up!

#40 ·
Is your dealer Koons by any chance?
No, I didn't try Koons. Once I heard my pricing offer on the phone, and after reading this thread and hearing the over MSRP prices starting to spread like a contagious disease, I did not hesitate to get my order in (chose Bright White color, heard from a different dealer that Silver Teal won't be here until April, but hard to be sure of accuracy on that). Only a $500 deposit required, and it sure seems they put the order in today. Said they would email me the order number, VON, and then the VIN as soon as they are generated. If anyone is interested, PM me for the dealer and salesman. I don't know if it is OK to spread that openly by forum rules.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.