2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums - View Single Post - Any families with front/rear-facing child seats here?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:27 AM
generaltso
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkalla View Post
How are the car seats fitting for, especially rear-facing? Any pictures?
  1. Do you find that "tilt forward" access to the 3rd row as handy as it seems?
  2. Do you regularly use the Stow and Go bins for storage?
  3. Do you actually stow the 2nd row seats from time to time or is this just a man-utility-fantasy?
We have a large Britax front facing carseat in the second row on the passenger side and it fits perfectly. We also have the 8 passenger, and the kids like the 8th seat to be installed all the time, so the "tilt forward" function is really the only way to access the 3rd row. It is VERY nice that any kids getting into the 3rd row can do so from either side even though the Britax is strapped in on the passenger side. I love that feature.

I have a spare tire in one of the Stow-n-Go bins for peace of mind. For that reason, I'm glad to have that space. I've got a couple other things in the bin on the other side as well. Since we have kids, we never stow the 2nd row seats.

Another consideration that may or may not matter to you is that the hybrid cannot be had with a memory driver's seat. This is the closest thing to a deal-breaker for me personally.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome