Pacifica Could Make Chrysler A Minivan Leader Again - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Pacifica Could Make Chrysler A Minivan Leader Again

We know Chrysler was the inventor of the minivan segment and they have generally been the segment leader until recently when they lost first place to Honda’s Odyssey. According to WardsAuto data, the Odyssey racked up 127,736 sales, giving them a substantial lead over Chrysler Town & Country’s 93,848. Their new Minivan, the Pacifica could help them take the lead again and so far the Town & Country successor seems to be doing well.

It managed to outsell Honda’s Odyssey in the first four months this year by 325 units. That may not seem like a lot but the new minivan has only hit the market last month and they managed to make 487 deliveries in April.

The Pacifica is a great vehicle with five available trim levels ranging from $28,595 for the base model to $42,495 and there’s a bevy of features available for this new model.

Chrysler was the first manufacturer to introduce the front-drive minivan in 1984 and this drove their competitors to come out with their own minivans. At the small-van segment’s peak around 1.2 million units were sold. Sure it may have dropped to just over 400,000 vehicles in 2009 but the segment is picking up again to around 600,000 units annually.

The Town & Country and Dodge Caravan make up about a third of those sales and with the new Pacific joining the fray, Chrysler could potentially get a larger slice of that pie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 03:42 PM

The new Pacifica is definitely the talk of the town in the van category. It's striking everyone
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:42 PM

New Review Pacifica from CNET

"You know a minivan is good when a childless millennial gets excited."

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/1...D13782fc&bhid=

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 09:52 PM

If it wasn't such a poorly built piece of crap.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 10:02 PM

I guess you got a bad one, sorry to hear that.

Mine is great.

2018 Black S Limited EVERY OPTION available.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 10:28 PM

I agree with this assessment. We live in a medium to higher income community and they all drove the newest Odyssey's. We have been Pilot owners for a while but decided to make the move to a van. We drove just about every make of van on the current market at the time. After driving the Pacifica, none of the other manufacturers came close to the amount and quality of features offered for the money. After picking up our first Pacifica, we noticed at least half the people driving Odyssey's were now driving Pacifica's. So I know for certain, the Odyssey market took a big hit here.
Chrysler has offered a van that looks great both inside and out and offeres a lot of premium features that are normally found on competitors higher end, much more expensive vans. I hope they continue to offer future van models that offer as much bang for your buck as the Pacifica offers!

Cheers,
Jared
Tia3 likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly1101 View Post
If it wasn't such a poorly built piece of crap.

Trolling on a two year old thread.???? Wow.
You must love stealing candy from kids too. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovetail65 View Post
I guess you got a bad one, sorry to hear that.

Mine is great.

He doesnít even have a Pacifica. He is the resident troll here and a Toyota shill.

Norbert likes this.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
He doesn’t even have a Pacifica. He is the resident troll here and a Toyota shill.

He doesn't own one? What the heck, how can a person have so much time.

Either be here to assist or find information, even complain if you own one and have issues, but to just bash for no reason, heck I am too busy for that. What is there to gain by it? It's a car , no one is going to get mad over someone bashing it. So if the point is to get a rise out of someone it's a waste of time, it's not like saying my kids ugly, weird .
Bond007 likes this.

2018 Black S Limited EVERY OPTION available.

Last edited by dovetail65; 06-01-2018 at 12:45 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 08:44 AM

Pacifica Could Make Chrysler A Minivan Leader Again

From his several previous posts, he has said multiple times that he has owned only three or four Toyotas in his lifetime and doesnít plan to get anything else. He sure must have lots of free time to go to a different forum than a vehicle he has and troll there. Donít know if he goes to forums for Toyota, Honda, or Kia as well for this purpose. Some people are simply unbelievable.

Last edited by Bond007; 06-01-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page