2017 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Has A Few Problems... - Page 14 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 05:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick.mcgroarty View Post
Hi, I have a good update. I had a very frustrating time with our Pacifica. The dealership had no answers for how to get it towed out of our garage. My wife stopped driving it after it refused to move at a light, then slipped into gear and lurched forward. I got back after 3 months, so the battery was dead. So, if anyone is in the same situation: Number one was to get the parking brake off. I choked the wheels and ran long jumper cables to the battery and got enough charge to release the brake (it is electronic). AAA tried this with a jumper box, it did not work. It probably needed steady amps. Then, there is a small door that you have to pry open on the dashboard. It is only about an inch wide and two inches long. It has a red cord that you pull to get the transmission into neutral. Then they can pull the car out of the garage. My mechanic checked the basics. We had a bad battery, already!! He said that the transmission relies on a steady voltage, and once the battery starts to dip below that voltage, the transmission is affected. Much better than an actual transmission problem. The car is fine now with a good battery. It would have been nice if the dealership could have told me this. They only have two Chrysler models, it's not like they have too many new car types to take care of. Maybe Chrysler should upgrade their battery supplier to something that is in line with the rest of the car. I don't want something like the airbags or collision prevention systems to fail because the battery is weak. I am going to check ours on a regular basis now!
The Chrysler dealership replaced the battery? Still under warranty no charge?

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in