2017 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Has A Few Problems... - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 131 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 04:51 PM

That's some serious injuries, all for something that should prevent that. Just for a test, I took a block of rigid foam and tried to block the door. It reversed when it fist hit the foam and there was no damage to the foam block. In other words, it did what I would expect. Next, I tried to block it with my hand. It didn't seem to want to reverse on contact. It took quite a bit of force to finally get it to reverse. Arms and hands, especially those of small children, are a lot more pliable than a block of foam, and now I agree, that there is a problem with the door sensor be it mechanical or programmable.
peanutmom2001 likes this.

Don (ezdays) Day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 131 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
Latest on the HID.
Chrysler Engineering indicated that the HID assemblies are not packed well and that the replacement could have been damaged. So another HID is being ordered.
Finally a resolution on this. Original replacement part was defective, something about connector pins in the HID assembly.
post #13 of 131 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 04:51 PM

Sliding doors not retracting

This is absolutely terrible. I have been emailing Chrysler since September 8. I took my car in to the dealership and showed this to a service personnel...but they didn't have a fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer-AM View Post
My Father in Law's arm after the sliding door failed to stop and he had to pull his arm out. I told them they need to let Chrysler know about it but they haven't.
Please sign me up as a witness in any class-action suit. Chrysler knew about this for over a month but did nothing for a recall.

post #14 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 02:52 PM

Three months after buying the car, FCA finally figured out enough to replace the DVD module. I now finally have a car with a working theater. Lots of visits to the dealership, lot of questions checking to see how stupid I could be (Did have the car turned on? / Did you use a homemade DVD? / Did you read the manual how to operate it? / etc.). I had to send FCA a Lemon Law notice before they finally fixed it.
I still have the "creaking" noise in the back. It is quite loud but only last about 20 minutes (longer than most in-city commutes sadly). It seems to arise when the vehicle sits out in the hot Sun.
Also, the all-season tires really suck. Anyone else with that issue. I haven't dealt with snow yet, but the car nearly gets stuck on wet pavement; and I frequently "squeal out" from stop signs on drive pavement if there is a slight incline.
A big problem is that the car sometimes fails to start. I'm going to blame the faulty DVD player, which must have kept some module powered up, and wait to see if it continues.
post #15 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 07:51 PM

your UConnect Theater works? Mine hasn't worked since the day I purchased it a month ago. I keep being told there is a software update coming. Did you have the crashing problem?
post #16 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 09:02 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcadbury View Post
This is absolutely terrible. I have been emailing Chrysler since September 8. I took my car in to the dealership and showed this to a service personnel...but they didn't have a fix.

Please sign me up as a witness in any class-action suit. Chrysler knew about this for over a month but did nothing for a recall.
Wow, that's a pretty horrible injury. I cant understand why would they not call Chrysler on it? You would think in these days of viral social media its up to to Chrysler to fix it asap, but only if somebody reports it. At the least to save their fellow human from harm, I would think they would report it to NHTSA as a safety issue etc.
post #17 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 12:32 PM

I think he was just embarrassed about it. He was showing my sister-in-law how the doors were supposed to stop, and then it didn't. I have asked them report it and they said they would.
smity84 likes this.
post #18 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 01:20 AM

Garage
Following
post #19 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericet74 View Post
your UConnect Theater works? Mine hasn't worked since the day I purchased it a month ago. I keep being told there is a software update coming. Did you have the crashing problem?
Good news! Just been notified of a software update!
The service bulletin number to have the update completed regarding the concern with the penguins is #08-081-16. It was just released as October 15th, 2016

It's not available online at the moment and that the service dept must apply it supposedly.
post #20 of 131 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killertom8o View Post
Good news! Just been notified of a software update!
The service bulletin number to have the update completed regarding the concern with the penguins is #08-081-16. It was just released as October 15th, 2016

It's not available online at the moment and that the service dept must apply it supposedly.

I'm in the same boat. I have an active case opened with Uconnect customer service, and will hopefully be getting mine in next week. I'll post the results.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page