New guy - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Coastie05
  • 1 Post By Coastie05

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

New guy

Hi everyone,
My name is Eddie and obviously I'm new here. I made an account so I can read up on these vans to see how reliable they are. I'm one of those anal people who research things to death before purchasing. I won't be buying for about a year and some months but I'm starting my research early. I drive Honda's right now (CRV and Civic) but I'm not convinced that the Odyssey is worth the extra money since I've been reading some problems on that forum. I also like the Pacifica better and feel like you get more bang for your buck in every trim level vs the Honda. I plan to buy certified used when I do purchase. My grandpa has 150,000 miles on his 2006 Caravan with no problems at all, so maybe all the bad things said about Chrysler aren't true. Let me know what y'all think since y'all have owned this van. Is it worth switching from Honda?
CentralFla likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Forgot to mention that I'm 31 and my wife and I are just had our first kid back in August, so that's why the minivan has come into our thoughts now.
CentralFla likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 02:53 PM

Welcome to the site @Coastie05 , and the way your'e approaching a possible purchase of a Pacifica, by doing your homework and asking questions is the prudent way to go about it. Speaking for myself, I couldn't be happier with our 17 Pacifica, approaching 22K miles, other than a bad battery at 8 months old, which seems to be fairly common with many of these vehicles it's been trouble free. It's not a reflection on FCA, but on the battery supplier.

As can be expected you tend to hear more from folks that have had issues with their vehicles, rather than from those that have had positive experiences, just human nature. Keep dropping in on the forum, you'll get a lot of good information from the members, and hints on what to watch for when the time comes to pull the trigger. Good Luck. (Oh, and congrats on the new addition to your family).

<

2017 Pacifica Touring-L, Red Velvet/alloy seats,
8.4 Uconnect, Added NAV. Ordered Late Nov,
Built 12/15/16 - Took delivery 12/21/16
in Michigan
Previous Vans-06 T&C, 08 T&C, 11 T&C,
14 T&C

2008 electric golf cart (Club Car) to get
around the community

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFla View Post
Welcome to the site @Coastie05 , and the way your'e approaching a possible purchase of a Pacifica, by doing your homework and asking questions is the prudent way to go about it. Speaking for myself, I couldn't be happier with our 17 Pacifica, approaching 22K miles, other than a bad battery at 8 months old, which seems to be fairly common with many of these vehicles it's been trouble free. It's not a reflection on FCA, but on the battery supplier.

As can be expected you tend to hear more from folks that have had issues with their vehicles, rather than from those that have had positive experiences, just human nature. Keep dropping in on the forum, you'll get a lot of good information from the members, and hints on what to watch for when the time comes to pull the trigger. Good Luck. (Oh, and congrats on the new addition to your family).

<
Yes, you're definitely right about people on the forums. You mostly hear negative over positive but there's still a ton of good info on them. At this point the Pacifica is my #1 choice and the Odyssey is my #2. Time will tell what we actually decide but I do like that CR recommended the Pacifica. I have no reason to not choose it to be honest. I know a lot of people have negative things to say about FCA but I know several people who own their product and put significant miles on them (65K+) with no issues.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

So, I figured I would update this since I always hated when people wouldn't update their thread with what they purchased. Last weekend I bought a brand new left over 2018 Pilot and traded the Civic. I'm loving the Pilot and just wanted update the thread. Enjoy your Pacifica's!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 05:49 PM

Garage
Well, enjoy the ride but we will leave the light on for you should you change your mind and trade it in!! Cheers!

among others:
1975 Plymouth Valiant
1989 Plymouth Voyager
2005 Chrysler T&C
as of 4/4/2018
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Red Velvet w/Advanced Safety and upgraded audio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page