new (used) van owner - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Waldo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

new (used) van owner

Recently bought a CPO 2017 Touring-L. It is the Molten Silver which I love.

This is not my first van. I used to live in Japan in the military and I sold my TT Supra and purchased a beater Nissan van so I could cart my friends and our scuba gear around the island. I loved it more than the Supra. I traded in my 2014 Mazda6 for this which was lowered, wider wheels, tasteful mods. It was coined the Mazda-rati by my friends.

That being said. I hate American cars. They suck in reliability compared to Japanese but you don't get much for the same price for a Honda and this is a second vehicle to my 3rd gen 4runner so I didn't want to go all out.

I initially please but my gf has a 2015 Chrysler 200 and it has the transmission gremlins and issues with oil loss yet it doesn't leak or smoke. Just mysteriously eats oil to the point its not on the dipstick and will shut itself down while driving.

I'm skeptical but I hope Chrysler proves me wrong...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Here is the car I traded in for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mazda.jpg (98.3 KB, 25 views)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadvan86 View Post

This is not my first van. I used to live in Japan in the military and I sold my TT Supra and purchased a beater Nissan van so I could cart my friends and our scuba gear around the island. I loved it more than the Supra. I traded in my 2014 Mazda6 for this which was lowered, wider wheels, tasteful mods. It was coined the Mazda-rati by my friends.

That being said. I hate American cars. They suck in reliability compared to Japanese but you don't get much for the same price for a Honda and this is a second vehicle to my 3rd gen 4runner so I didn't want to go all out.

I initially please but my gf has a 2015 Chrysler 200 and it has the transmission gremlins and issues with oil loss yet it doesn't leak or smoke. Just mysteriously eats oil to the point its not on the dipstick and will shut itself down while driving.

Is your gf's 200 a 4 or 6cyl? The 4 is not very good, but the Pentastar 6 has a good reputation. Your Pacifica has a slightly larger version of that Pentastar.

Good luck with your new van! It's quite a change from the Mazda.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Is your gf's 200 a 4 or 6cyl? The 4 is not very good, but the Pentastar 6 has a good reputation. Your Pacifica has a slightly larger version of that Pentastar.

Good luck with your new van! It's quite a change from the Mazda.

She has the 4cyl. I love driving it so hopefully she doesn't let me down.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
She has the 4cyl. I love driving it so hopefully she doesn't let me down.
When Sergio Marchione stopped production of the 200 and Dodge Dart, he said they were not profitable, and he needed the factory space for Jeep and RAM vehicles. The problem was that those cars were trying to compete in the space occupied by Accord, Camry, and Altima; that bar was just too high. Most of them ended up in rental fleets, a very low margin market.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the forum. If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, build date (on driver's door), etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it will show up at the bottom of each post and may help others assist you.
If your van is having transmission issues, build date may be important since there was a TSB in July 2017 for early 2017 Pacificas (many were built in 2016) that doesn't get applied unless requested (needed) since it isn't a recall. Other than that there are threads about clearing transmission adaptations. I had the TSB applied, and transmission adaptations done twice and my van is currently shifting fine at 37,000 miles. (There wasn't a MIL light regarding the transmission, but I took the paper in and it was updated.)

"NUMBER: 21-027-17 REV. A
GROUP: 21 - Transmission and Transfer Case
DATE: July 15, 2017
SUBJECT:
Flash: Transmission Shift and Drivability Enhancements

Some customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation, a technician may find the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) stored in the TCM memory:

• **P0887-00 - TCM Power Control Circuit High.**
• P1B13-00 - Park by Wire Unintended Out Of Park Position.
• P1DCD-00 - TCM Monitoring Processor Performance Multiple Clutches Locked Up.
• U0103-00 - Lost Communication With Electric Gear Shift Module.
• P1CC9 - Unable To Engage Gear.
• P1DDE-00 - Ignition Run/Start Input 1-2 Correlation.

The following improvement is also included in this update:
• Shifter interlocking improvement in an event of brake signal loss to the TCM."

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; 06-10-2019 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page