“Used” 2018 Hybrid Limited - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By FlaMom
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Blasto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 2
“Used” 2018 Hybrid Limited

Just bought my first Chrysler, a used 2018 Limited Hybrid with the safety package with 1,300 miles on it. All the extra bits (charging cord, mats, UConnect box, etc) were still factory sealed. I paid $37,200 +TTL, and I’m hoping I got a good deal because it’s too late to do anything about it now 😂😂😂

So far my biggest problem is that I have three kids and only two “airplane media seats”. If they can’t work it out in their own I’m going to pull the middle row out and make ‘em all squeeze in the third row.
Blasto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Frig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasto View Post
Just bought my first Chrysler, a used 2018 Limited Hybrid with the safety package with 1,300 miles on it. All the extra bits (charging cord, mats, UConnect box, etc) were still factory sealed. I paid $37,200 +TTL, and Im hoping I got a good deal because its too late to do anything about it now 😂😂😂

So far my biggest problem is that I have three kids and only two airplane media seats. If they cant work it out in their own Im going to pull the middle row out and make em all squeeze in the third row.
Congrats!

Used with only 1300 miles? Why wasn't anything opened? Do you know its history? Was it ever registered before? How's the warranty? Is it eligible for any Fed or State incentives?

2019 Hybrid Limited Dusty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast with chance of rain
Frig is online now  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Blasto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 2
According to the dealer, they purchased it at auction from a dealership that went under. It only had 10 miles on it when they got it, but a couple of the sales guys used it for runs to Northern Virginia. I live in a Good ol’ Boy area of the country, and the “new-fangled electric thingies are a hard sell around these parts” (actual quote from an older sales guy I talked to a couple moths ago 🤣) so it sat on the lot for a couple of months. I got them down about $1500 from their “non-negotiable” e-price, and I’m happy with that. I assume I don’t get the tax incentives since it was used, but I’m happy with it.
Blasto is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 07:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Frig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasto View Post
According to the dealer, they purchased it at auction from a dealership that went under. It only had 10 miles on it when they got it, but a couple of the sales guys used it for runs to Northern Virginia. I live in a Good ol’ Boy area of the country, and the “new-fangled electric thingies are a hard sell around these parts” (actual quote from an older sales guy I talked to a couple moths ago 🤣) so it sat on the lot for a couple of months. I got them down about $1500 from their “non-negotiable” e-price, and I’m happy with that. I assume I don’t get the tax incentives since it was used, but I’m happy with it.
That sounds new to me. Smarter folks on here can clarify, but to me if it was never registered that would mean it's new and eligible for incentives. That's $7500 plus. Also the full new warranty would start on the day it was put into use.

On a side note, never believe a word the dealer says. Doesn't mean they're all jerks, just that their business is rife with misinformation, disinformation and outright lies.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dusty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast with chance of rain
Frig is online now  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 07:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
That sounds new to me. Smarter folks on here can clarify, but to me if it was never registered that would mean it's new and eligible for incentives. That's $7500 plus. Also the full new warranty would start on the day it was put into use.

On a side note, never believe a word the dealer says. Doesn't mean they're all jerks, just that their business is rife with misinformation, disinformation and outright lies.
Can't say anything regarding the tax incentive, but my 2016 T&C was a year old, had 4,000 miles on it and was never registered. It was registered to me as New and the 3 year warranty started the day the car was registered to me. (My one year Sirius started the same day) When I traded the T&C for the Pacifica, that Chrysler dealer mentioned that this is not unusual at all.
Frig likes this.

Current 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Velvet Red Limited - I'll fill in options soon, but I think the only thing missing was a spare tire.


prev 2016 Chrysler T&C Touring-L
prev 2012 Chrysler T&C Touring-L
prev 2007 Chrysler T&C Touring
prev 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT
prev 2000 Dodge Gr Caravan Sport
prev 1995 Plym Voyager
Hubby had mid 80s Plym Voyager
FlaMom is online now  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 11:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,077
A practically new car but without the $7500 tax incentive doesn’t sound like a great deal to me. I wish you had posted in this forum immediately before the purchase and folks here would have digged out some more information.
In any case all that matters is if you are happy with the car and the deal.
With regards to the two rear entertainment screens, kids are kids and they will learn to figure it out how to share and watch. If they can’t share two screens between three kids I am tempted to say they are too entitled. I’m sorry but I am in a similar situation (even though my kids are smaller). Pretty soon they will all be sitting in the second row and that’s when the music starts. 😄.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
Bond007 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 02:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Frig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
A practically new car but without the $7500 tax incentive doesnt sound like a great deal to me. I wish you had posted in this forum immediately before the purchase and folks here would have digged out some more information.
In any case all that matters is if you are happy with the car and the deal.
With regards to the two rear entertainment screens, kids are kids and they will learn to figure it out how to share and watch. If they cant share two screens between three kids I am tempted to say they are too entitled. Im sorry but I am in a similar situation (even though my kids are smaller). Pretty soon they will all be sitting in the second row and thats when the music starts. 😄.
Well it was $10k under msrp, which is fantastic. I'm thinking possibly with a few phone calls and some paperwork, making it a new purchase, it can be a real steal. Under $30k, Limited with advanced stafetytec, wow.

Could the dealer be getting the $7500 + other incentives? If so that's borderline fraud.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dusty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast with chance of rain
Frig is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome