pachy hybrid owner! - frustrated - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Chrysler Pacifica hybrid owner! - frustrated

Hi fellow pacfican's,

I joined this forum only to express and if possible make the upcoming owners to realize what they are getting into by buying this marvelous concept yet stupid execution of building these minivans.

I been driving 2018 pacifica hybrid for last 3+ months and the faults and build quality i noticed in this minivan is not worth the money we put on this car. neither the Chrysler seems to have put interest on quality control nor the intent to build a quality car.

I am adding screenshots and pics of 1) charging failure 2) quality control failure( i still have the floor plastic side guard issues not posting here) 3) uconnect app issues...

i may be complaining too much.....but this is too much to suck in for any owner and I dont see any reason for a future/wannabe owner to go this sh.. hole...

I wanted to recommend everyone out there buying minivans to start with pacifica untill I bought this car and realized what kind of can of worms i just opened....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Xnip2019-07-24_10-30-48.jpg (44.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Xnip2019-07-24_10-31-31.jpg (399.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Xnip2019-07-24_10-52-45.jpg (55.5 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by cisgoog; Yesterday at 02:23 PM. Reason: adding proofs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM

So what kind of problems do you have with your pacifica hybrid? Everyone here on this forum has a vested interest in helping out, so maybe list out the issues you are having and some of us may have experienced it and can offer suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisgoog View Post
Hi fellow pacfican's,

I joined this forum only to express and if possible make the upcoming owners to realize what they are getting into by buying this marvelous concept yet stupid execution of building these minivans.

I been driving pacifica hybrid for last 3+ months and the faults and build quality i noticed in this minivan is not worth the money we put on this car. neither the Chrysler seems to have put interest on quality control nor the intent to build a quality car.

I wanted to recommend everyone out there buying minivans to start with pacifica untill I bought this car and realized what kind of can of worms i just opened....

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited - Molten Silver
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

thanks....this thread is more towards make future buyers aware on what they are getting into...

as i mentioned intially with screenshots,,,,,

the uconnect app functionality and uconnect infotainment desing and UI are very poor quality.
the vehicle anti-braking mechanism is very flaky when in Adaptive cruise control which can put lifes in danger with this kind of functionality and reliability.
the build quality of my version(hybrid) is horrible, why would anyone put a plastic joint at the place where people step on it to get into the minivan! adding screenshot for this too...
the no-touch leg waive open for trunk never seems to work.
then the most horrible CHARGING FAULTS at L2 stations.

I waited to buy this car and made my friend buy one with me and now what i realized is I have fallen for the concept of hybrid and disgusted as a owner with its execution and intent...

I am also bit frustrated how the people put smiling faces with this type of build quality on their cars besides the software and technical glitches that are not a big deal for normal users...

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM

Quote:
thanks....this thread is more towards make future buyers aware on what they are getting into...
the uconnect app functionality and uconnect infotainment design and UI are very poor quality.
the vehicle anti-braking mechanism is very flaky when in Adaptive cruise control which can put lifes in danger with this kind of functionality and reliability.
the build quality of my version(hybrid) is horrible, why would anyone put a plastic joint at the place where people step on it to get into the minivan! adding screenshot for this too...
I waited to buy this car and made my friend buy one with me and now what i realized is I have fallen for the concept of hybrid and disgusted as a owner with its execution and intent...
I am also bit frustrated how the people put smiling faces with this type of build quality on their cars besides the software and technical glitches that are not a big deal for normal users...
Once you get over the fact that your van didn't live up to your expectations, you can either get rid of it or try to solve some of the problems you've encountered. It is a little bit surprising that you "made" your friend buy one with you.

I don't have a hybrid, so I may not be of much help, but there are many helpful people with hybrids on the forum. Try to use the search feature of the forum to get to the threads you need. I have read some threads about problems you've mentioned with possible solutions. Since your van should be under warranty, you could take it to the dealer for repairs.

Another piece of information you might want to check is the build date located on the side of the driver's door. There have been some updates to 2018 Pacificas that might apply to your van. You can also check the NHTSA website to see if there have been any recalls for your van. The UConnect website can also be checked for touchscreen updates. You can also download extensive owner's manuals from the Mopar website.

If you list your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it will show up at the bottom of each post which helps others know which van you have.
Frig likes this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; Yesterday at 03:19 PM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM

Quote:

the uconnect app functionality and uconnect infotainment desing and UI are very poor quality.

I sure hope you don't have an anti-braking mechanism.

What's the deal with the dashboard bubble pic?

What exactly do you do to leg waive open the trunk?

When was your 2018 actually built? How many miles was on it when you got it 3+ months ago?

What plastic joint? Post a pic.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dusty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast with chance of rain
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
Once you get over the fact that your van didn't live up to your expectations, you can either get rid of it or try to solve some of the problems you've encountered. It is a little bit surprising that you "made" your friend buy one with you.

I don't have a hybrid, so I may not be of much help, but there are many helpful people with hybrids on the forum. Try to use the search feature of the forum to get to the threads you need. I have read some threads about problems you've mentioned with possible solutions. Since your van should be under warranty, you could take it to the dealer for repairs.

Another piece of information you might want to check is the build date located on the side of the driver's door. There have been some updates to 2018 Pacificas that might apply to your van. You can also check the NHTSA website to see if there have been any recalls for your van. The UConnect website can also be checked for touchscreen updates. You can also download extensive owner's manuals from the Mopar website.

If you list your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it will show up at the bottom of each post which helps others know which van you have.

the problem is i wouldnt have to come hear or waste 40 minutes of time everday walking around my car getting it to charge at chargepoint station in workhours had the chrysler paid some attention at quality control...

I have noticed the posts on chrysler pacifica hybrid facebook page and all i see are complaints....never seen such a problematic car and if i dont make people aware of this and put a smiling face like most of the owners do by hiding the issues...future car buyers will suffer... we should never plan to put hours around a dealer once we buy the car...

Update -

I just contacted my nearby local dealer for the charging system check up and they DO NOT have inhouse engineer to work on HYBRD pacificas...they recommended me to contact chrysler and chrysler found another dealer and they are about 15miles away from me

P.S no quality control
no human resources or brain power for vehicle troubleshooting...
ALAS....

Last edited by cisgoog; Yesterday at 05:04 PM. Reason: contacted local dealer-update
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Regarding this particular complaint, are you actually waving your foot side-to-side? The manual is clear that it should be a single quick in-out kick, not a side-to-side motion. See if that works any better for you, and check out the manual for more detailed instructions.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
I sure hope you don't have an anti-braking mechanism.

What's the deal with the dashboard bubble pic?

What exactly do you do to leg waive open the trunk?

When was your 2018 actually built? How many miles was on it when you got it 3+ months ago?

What plastic joint? Post a pic.

The dashboard bubble pic is highly known issues with pacifica's and perhaps chryslers...its just a sheer indication of their quality at work or quality of parts they used. "cant find a better glue to make leather stick to plastic! come on...

in 3+ months i got about 2600+ miles

posting plastic pic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Xnip2019-07-24_13-52-01.jpg (86.1 KB, 24 views)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteitle View Post
Regarding this particular complaint, are you actually waving your foot side-to-side? The manual is clear that it should be a single quick in-out kick, not a side-to-side motion. See if that works any better for you, and check out the manual for more detailed instructions.
sure will try that as well...it works once in a while perhaps im doing it wrong way...
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM

Sometimes it helps to read the manual.

Iíve got zero complaints about my Pacifica. Itís been simply outstanding so far and has exceeded all of my expectations.
SciTchr and Frig like this.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page