New owner of a 2017 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By zapb42

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

New owner of a 2017

Hi all!

The time had come after we had our first child six months ago, the dad van is upon us.

TLDR; she's a CPO, Touring L in Jazz Blue with Black/Alloy interior with about 45k miles on her. I typically jump into whatever forums are available for the vehicles I own (other one is a 2005 VW GTI, “Helga”), so here I am! It's been a week and so far my wife really loves it, and I actually do too. There was a bit of a kerfuffle getting the deal done but I’ll save that for another time.

Longer version if you're bored:

A couple of years back, we had inherited a 2015 Grand Caravan that initially only had 4500 miles on it, drove that for a while as a third vehicle. It came in super handy, but had zero options on it. Though it was very practical, my wife wanted more "bells and whistles", and for a long time wanted an SUV, because I guess that’s what you do when you’re a mom around here. RIGHT after we sold it as a cost saving measure, we found out we were having the kid. In retrospect probably a dumb move.

So we’ve until now been dealing with using the Corolla as the family car, which works, but the thing had nearly 200k miles on it and if you needed to cart the kid, dog, stroller, etc. around it wasn’t ideal. My wife finally started agreeing with me that a van would make more sense than an SUV (and probably be cheaper too.)

We ran the whole gamut of looking at used Town and Countrys (at least they were a step up from the GC). Stow ‘n Go is such a big deal to us that we didn’t even look at Hondas or Toyotas. (Took a quick look at a Routan just because as a VW guy it’s a bit more interesting to me being a rebadged Dodge, but no Stow ‘n Go there either). Then we realized if we pushed our budget just a bit more we could be in a Pacifica. We had ridden in one as an Uber once and were impressed by the interior, and later had an overnight test drive in a tricked out Limited, which we really liked, but that was definitely way over our budget.

So we started looking harder. We had our hearts set on a blue one, bonus points if it had the alloy interior. A couple weeks later, lo and behold a dealer around here got one in, and it wasn’t even available to look at until a couple of days later because they were still doing the certification on it.

And so, after aforementioned kerfuffle, it was ours. It’s in pretty great shape with 45,000 miles on it. For having the markup on it from being certified, it was actually still a very decent deal. We’ve been super happy with it so far. We did a mini-trip in it with a couple of friends this past weekend, and it drove great. My wife was ecstatic yesterday doing a Costco run and having all the space, since that was always a pain in the Corolla.

Anyways, thanks for reading my rambling, and nice to meet you all!

P.S., our beloved Corolla that we were super sad to see go, ended up getting to “stay in the family” since her grandfather offered to buy it for a lot more than the dealer was going to give us for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b22db340-93dc-40b0-bb15-df222489ce96.jpg (160.9 KB, 13 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapb42 View Post
Hi all!

The time had come after we had our first child six months ago, the dad van is upon us.

TLDR; she's a CPO, Touring L in Jazz Blue with Black/Alloy interior with about 45k miles on her. I typically jump into whatever forums are available for the vehicles I own (other one is a 2005 VW GTI, “Helga”), so here I am! It's been a week and so far my wife really loves it, and I actually do too. There was a bit of a kerfuffle getting the deal done but I’ll save that for another time...

Anyways, thanks for reading my rambling, and nice to meet you all!

P.S., our beloved Corolla that we were super sad to see go, ended up getting to “stay in the family” since her grandfather offered to buy it for a lot more than the dealer was going to give us for it.
Welcome to the forum. I have a 2017 Touring L purchased in Sept 2016 that now has similar mileage to the van you just purchased.
If you are interested in knowing the build date for your van, it is on the edge of the driver's door. If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it will show up at bottom of each post and help others assist you.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; 08-02-2019 at 08:06 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 09:19 PM

Garage
Hello and welcome! She is a beauty! I'm certain that you will enjoy this versatile vehicle for years to come. Oh...and I did enjoy your "rambling".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
Welcome to the forum. I have a 2017 Touring L purchased in Sept 2016 that now has similar mileage to the van you just purchased.
If you are interested in knowing the build date for your van, it is on the edge of the driver's door. If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it will show up at bottom of each post and help others assist you.
Awesome! I keep forgetting to check build date but will add it when I get around to doing that.

2017 Touring L in Jazz Blue with Black/Alloy Interior
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
Hello and welcome! She is a beauty! I'm certain that you will enjoy this versatile vehicle for years to come. Oh...and I did enjoy your "rambling".
Thank you, much appreciated.
craig likes this.

2017 Touring L in Jazz Blue with Black/Alloy Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page