13Likes
  • 6 Post By Leah
  • 1 Post By GlenP
  • 4 Post By Waldo
  • 2 Post By Leah

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

It's y'alls fault!!!

So, we are currently expecting our 3rd child (due next month) and needed to upgrade our Hyundai Sonata (we will never buy another Hyundai ever again - ever) to something that had room for 2 car seats and one teen + storage (newborn, 5 & 16 years old) So right away we knew we needed a 7 seat car.

Initially, we were looking at the Chevy Traverse. That's what we went in to see, what we test drove. It was nice. Then as we were leaving the salesman showed us a 2017 Pacifia Touring with 24,628 miles listed for $20,900. (I'd put a link but this is my first post so I can't just yet - but on CarFax it is 2C4RC1DGXHR610307)

We were NOT going to buy a mini-van. We did not want the "mom car." I wanted to hate it. I couldn't. Who could hate that gorgeous vehicle? So, Sunday night my husband and I were searching for more info about the Pacifica and stumbled into this forum. I'm not going to say you guys sold us - but I'm pretty sure we were on the edge and got a giant push from this forum (just by reading posts). What really got us was the cargo space (My husband is a handyman and being able to carry SO MUCH was a huge selling point) and practicality of the car.

So, Wednesday we officially became Pacifica owners! I feel pretty good about the deal we got. In fact, this is the "newest" used car we've ever owned. So, first, thank you to the forum here and say hello! Thanks for all the useful info.

"Red 5" // 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring FWD // Velvet Red Pearl Exterior // Black/Alloy Interior // Customer Preferred Package 25K

Last edited by Leah; 08-03-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 12:34 PM

Garage
I had the pleasure of renting one of these on several trips to help my daughter move her stuff in/out of her dorm and into storage over the summers in between college years. Sometimes they had other minivans, but I really liked the Pacifica. As a musician, I like how I can fit loads of music gear in the back also. For ski season, I just put chains on and can make it up the mtn to the slopes. I have a rocket box for the roof, but have not had to use it yet, that was mainly for my much smaller Ford Focus Wagon, which was the car I was replacing after the transmission went out a second time at 140,000 miles. When it was time to shop for a new car, I pretty much new what I wanted.

Welcome to Pacifica!
Leah likes this.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Jazz Blue
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Last edited by GlenP; 08-03-2019 at 12:39 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 03:17 PM

Garage
Congratulations and welcome to the group!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
(snip)
Initially, we were looking at the Chevy Traverse. That's what we went in to see, what we test drove. It was nice. Then as we were leaving the salesman showed us a 2017 Pacifia Touring with 24,628 miles listed for $20,900. (I'd put a link but this is my first post so I can't just yet - but on CarFax it is 2C4RC1DGXHR610307)

We were NOT going to buy a mini-van. We did not want the "mom car." I wanted to hate it. I couldn't. Who could hate that gorgeous vehicle? So, Sunday night my husband and I were searching for more info about the Pacifica and stumbled into this forum. I'm not going to say you guys sold us - but I'm pretty sure we were on the edge and got a giant push from this forum (just by reading posts). What really got us was the cargo space (My husband is a handyman and being able to carry SO MUCH was a huge selling point) and practicality of the car.

So, Wednesday we officially became Pacifica owners! I feel pretty good about the deal we got. In fact, this is the "newest" used car we've ever owned. So, first, thank you to the forum here and say hello! Thanks for all the useful info.
Welcome to the forum, @Leah ! You have a much more practical vehicle than the Traverse you were contemplating. Good choice.

I've never quite understood the adverse reaction to minivans as "mom car". (I kinda like moms and seeing them with their children.) What I find cringeworthy is watching moms trying to cram kids into the back seat of an SUV while parked at Walmart, banging the sharp door on the Lexus parked next to her! As you've noted they are also a great dad car. That sort of makes it the perfect family car.

Me, I'm a ROF (retired old f**t), and my Pacifica hauls plywood, garden tools, grandkids, and our bicycles to the bike paths. It also hauls all the stuff we need (including the bicycles) to be comfortable in the bare cottage we rent in Florida for two months each year. 1300 miles each way. It's a perfect grandparent car!
Hilltoppper, Frig, craig and 1 others like this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

We've had our baby a little over a week now. On our one week anniversary, my husband put down the seats and filled the back with furniture and what not to give to goodwill. We fit in a large tv stand, two leather chairs, a glider/swivel chair, big bags of clothing and still had room. It felt so good to see so much loaded up in the car! (we actually left one captain's chair up that has our daughter's car seat in it). It is of note that it was also pouring rain/thunderstorm and the ride was smooth and even. We could not be happier with our purchase. Stow-N-Go is flipping AMAZING! (I also have to brag on the huge 1'x8' that we carried earlier in the week only putting down the back row - and having the back close without an issue.
Frig and craig like this.

"Red 5" // 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring FWD // Velvet Red Pearl Exterior // Black/Alloy Interior // Customer Preferred Package 25K

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page