Touring Plus (Not Touring L Plus!) - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Touring Plus (Not Touring L Plus!)

I completely missed this, in case anyone else did too -- a reputable poster on Allpar posted this:

Quote:
The 2017 Pacifica is getting a new model package...

The Touring Plus will now sit between the Touring and Touring L. The Touring Plus includes the follow:
Premium Cloth
Premium fascia
Power liftgate
3 zone auto HVAC
Projector headlamps w/signature
Fog lamps
UGDO
Mid level console
LED tail lamps
2nd & 3rd row sunshades

At a MSRP of $32,360, the new Touring Plus (27W) is priced $2,365 under the Touring L and only $1,365 more than the Touring, this model could be the best bang for the buck in the Pacifica lineup.
This ticks a lot of boxes for me and might get me to pull the trigger when it's available in quantity. Can still wish for the new version of UConnect and heated seats (and as long as I'm wishing, the ability to order the advanced safety tech package), but for the money this is hard to beat.

I found at least one window sticker out there on the internets:

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/window...RC1BG8HR727774

Last edited by mick0212; 04-08-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Derp, heated seats are covered.
Gohawks1224 likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 12:24 AM

Garage
Not bad however, for 4-5K more, you can get the Touring L Plus, which, in my bias mind, is the best bang for the buck trim. That said, what is the point of getting the Touring?
SurfNC02 and MajikMojo like this.

Father of thing 1, thing 2, thing 3, thing 4 is getting a minivan.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.
*Ordered 1FEB and delivered 20MAR2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 01:00 AM

I saw it posted here on March 10th but didn't really think much into it until now...

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/...tml#post132441

If 55% of orders are Limited's & Touring L+'s, I wonder why Chrysler felt the need to add a sixth model below the Touring L. If anything they should have gone the other way and went down to 3-4 trim levels.
Gohawks1224 and MajikMojo like this.

Last edited by manoli; 04-09-2017 at 01:04 AM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 01:27 PM

Yup, Chrysler should just adopt the Honda model and just have rigid trim levels. Its a pain sometimes but you'll never second guess yourself and more than anything the different trim levels are a good deal with the level of options you get. Plus I'm sure Honda saves a ton of money by not having 1000's of possible combinations!
MajikMojo likes this.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 06:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
Yup, Chrysler should just adopt the Honda model and just have rigid trim levels. Its a pain sometimes but you'll never second guess yourself and more than anything the different trim levels are a good deal with the level of options you get. Plus I'm sure Honda saves a ton of money by not having 1000's of possible combinations!
That's Kia's approach. While they do have a slew of trims (5 i think) they have very little options to add on. Either you get the package that has everything or you do not. Chrysler gives you the option to add things like modular pieces. Both has their pros and cons. I myself am a simple person and would rather just have it all or not at all. Of course, that would not limit me from voicing my complaints over them making me buy something that I did not want

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus with Tow, Advance Safety, 8 passenger, Tire/wheel, and Nav.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks1224 View Post
Not bad however, for 4-5K more, you can get the Touring L Plus, which, in my bias mind, is the best bang for the buck trim. That said, what is the point of getting the Touring?
Everybody's different. I have no use for the U Connect Theater, which makes the T-L+ a poor value for me. I'm also perfectly content with cloth, that's another grand or two I'd just as soon not spend. Sure, I'd love a base Limited plus Advanced Safety Tech, but that's a 46k sticker. Something that stickers at 34k and likely will be available for under 30k wih careful shopping and incentives is going be a lot easier on the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoli View Post
I saw it posted here on March 10th but didn't really think much into it until now...

If 55% of orders are Limited's & Touring L+'s, I wonder why Chrysler felt the need to add a sixth model below the Touring L. If anything they should have gone the other way and went down to 3-4 trim levels.
I'm really surprised by that 55% figure. I've looked at several dozen dealers' inventories here in Michigan and the lower trim levels are much more common than the T-L+ and Limited. The last one I looked at has 0 Limiteds, 1 T-L+, and 15 T-L, T and LX models on hand.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 03:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick0212 View Post
Everybody's different. I have no use for the U Connect Theater, which makes the T-L+ a poor value for me. I'm also perfectly content with cloth, that's another grand or two I'd just as soon not spend. Sure, I'd love a base Limited plus Advanced Safety Tech, but that's a 46k sticker. Something that stickers at 34k and likely will be available for under 30k wih careful shopping and incentives is going be a lot easier on the budget.

I'm really surprised by that 55% figure. I've looked at several dozen dealers' inventories here in Michigan and the lower trim levels are much more common than the T-L+ and Limited. The last one I looked at has 0 Limiteds, 1 T-L+, and 15 T-L, T and LX models on hand.
I would not assess what folks own by what is on the dealers lot. Actually, it might be the opposite: what is on the dealer's lot is NOT what people own... because it is on their lot!

Let me explain. I hunted around dealerships and asked them about their trims they ordered. The common theme is, "it is a guessing game" because it is a new product. The great deals that you are finding is directly related to the fact that dealers can't move the trims they "guessed" on. I also noticed that, on the trims that are selling, they are adding way too many options (fully loaded) or the wrong options, emergency kit, key sense, mopar mats, and nothing else... the wrong mixes of options that is. Therefore, the vans sit on the lot. After 60 days, the dealer discounts them to move them. Not sure how the laws and taxes work, but I do know that there is a certain amount of time a car can sit on the dealers lot before it starts impacting them negatively. The common theme in Washington dealers was 60 days.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoli View Post

Might not need the more entry level trims because caravan is still available to fill part of that segment of the market.

Touring plus sounds like a good idea because it is nice to give people more non leather options.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984 Sheepdog View Post
Might not need the more entry level trims because caravan is still available to fill part of that segment of the market.
Correct. Value oriented buyers are (still) buying the Dodge GC.

March U.S. sales & 2017 YTD:

Grand Caravan: 15,602 40,054
Sienna: 9,770 26,020
Pacifica: 9,340 25,052
Odyssey: 7,727 21,027
Sedona: 2,769 6,418
Quest: 620 3,870
MajikMojo likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page