3 bumps in dash above radio - Page 19 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 183 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 03:21 AM

Bumps are a feature not a defect...

Just heard back from Chrysler support who now says that this is "characteristic of the vehicle" due to the mounting of the AC unit underneath. I confirmed with my service advisor however that it is not present on the vehicles with the stitched dash. To be honest I find it astonishing that Chrysler cannot find a way to remedy this obvious design or assembly defect.

It appears I have hit a dead end as far as FCA support or my service advisors are concerned. Not sure what I will do at this point other than to get a cover, if I can find one that isn't too ugly that is. (If anyone has a recommendation with actual photos please let me know.) I may have expensed more than enough energy on this and may just consider it a "Chrysler" issue, lesson learned or just file a complaint that will probably go nowhere.

Glad your repair went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglystick View Post
That is not normal. Take it back and have them replace it. My new dash is perfect. When the dealer got my replacement dash in. We went there and looked it over and gave it a pass before the vehicle went in. I would not accept that dash. Call FCA customer support person. Open a case.
My dash still looks good.
If they won't help you. call the news.
Lucky Fl has a good lemon law you can take it back 3 times for the same problem and they will refund or exchange the vehicle.
I would go nuts if my dash looked like that. Get a lawyer too.Unacceptable.
Mine has the stitching though. But I have looked at the ones new on the lot that dont have the stitching and they are perfect too.
Keep ordering tell you get a good one.

Last edited by lashton; 08-04-2019 at 03:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 183 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 08:14 PM

Go on the lot and look at new ones. Non here where I am have these bumps. Call your news network and tell what Chryster said. They would not be able to sell these vehicles with these problems.
post #183 of 183 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 07:16 PM

Chrysler design defect

Thanks for checking, but the ones I have seen on the lots have the bumps like mine unless that are the stitched dash version. I will check another lot for the most recent shipment but Chrysler Enhanced Customer Care is now closing my case as they consider these defects to be normal (even though they initially said it was not.) They have given me an address to send in a formal complaint. If I can find some vans without the bumps I may pursue it further otherwise it appears to be a design defect. If anyone has one of these vans without stitched dash WITHOUT bumps please chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglystick View Post
Go on the lot and look at new ones. Non here where I am have these bumps. Call your news network and tell what Chryster said. They would not be able to sell these vehicles with these problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page