Loud road noise - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Angry Loud road noise

Just got my Pacifica Touring L last week, and am disappointed at the high amount of road noise on the highway. On the rougher concrete surfaces the noise is louder than my old Dodge Caravan... and more than half the roads are not smooth. It's quiet on the smoother surfaces, and in town at slower speeds, but there are a lot of rough highway surfaces out there.
Their sales pitch on noise cancelling is quite misleading... it works well when everything is perfect... but not very well on the "average" road, as it seems to have no impact on road noise at all, and provides no improvement over their older models.
Otherwise, the van performs very well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 11:52 AM

Your Touring L edition has the Active Noise Cancelation system. Not the Active Noise Control system that is standard in the L-Plus and Limited. The Touring L Plus and Limited also get the Acoustic Windshield standard. Yours doesn't. Also don't use the rear fan for A/C or heat. Inflate your tires a tad higher. It could quiet it down some.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 12:26 PM

17's?

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 01:08 PM

If you have the factory-fill of >10 psi over the recommended pressure, let some air out of the tires.

Ours came with way too much pressure and thumped like crazy over expansion strips. It's much quieter now with correct air pressures.
kentfield1951 and CentralFla like this.

Pat
17 Pacifica Touring L

Previous vans:
08 T&C Touring
00 T&C 3.8
95 GV 3.3
89 Caravan 3.0
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerith View Post
Your Touring L edition has the Active Noise Cancelation system. Not the Active Noise Control system that is standard in the L-Plus and Limited. The Touring L Plus and Limited also get the Acoustic Windshield standard. Yours doesn't. Also don't use the rear fan for A/C or heat. Inflate your tires a tad higher. It could quiet it down some.
Do you care to explain the difference between the two systems (in case you have that information) you mentioned please. I also noticed a little road noise in a Touring L which I rented recently. Thanks.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 08:50 AM

Road surfaces make a significant difference. My limited is very quiet. I wouldn't say Lexus quiet. But in its class its quiet. We just came back from a road trip to Michigan where we encountered different types of highway surfaces. Noticeable difference.
CentralFla likes this.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 11:35 AM

The noise cancellation works on constant noise sources. Things like the exhaust, wind noise, tire noise. The sound of bumps, expansion joints, etc. will not be reduced by the noise cancellation.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 01:03 PM

Anybody know for sure what noise cancelling feature is on the 2018 PACIFICA HYBRID that has LEATHER SEATS, but no MOONROOF.

I still hear considerable road noise on some surfaces. Haven't checked tire pressure yet to see if tires are over-pressurized.

My Ford Expedition for example with Michelin Defender tires does NOT have any noise cancelling circuitry .. But is whisper quiet.

Thanks
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificPeace View Post
Anybody know for sure what noise cancelling feature is on the 2018 PACIFICA HYBRID that has LEATHER SEATS, but no MOONROOF.

I still hear considerable road noise on some surfaces. Haven't checked tire pressure yet to see if tires are over-pressurized.

My Ford Expedition for example with Michelin Defender tires does NOT have any noise cancelling circuitry .. But is whisper quiet.

Thanks
Yeah check your tire pressure. Mine were at 46 psi! Regarding your expedition body on frame SUVS tend to have less ROAD noise.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 08:11 AM

After about 3 weeks in our Pacifica Limited, I have realized it is a little louder in the cabin than I would have thought. Having owned a newer Grand Cherokee Summit and now a Cadillac both of which are extremely quiet on the inside. I think the Pac Limited is good, but being a large open minivan its not easy to make it luxury car quiet.

2017 Cadillac ATS 3.6 awd Premium, Phantom Gray, Carbon Black package, Recaros
2017 Pacifica Limited, bright white, black/deep mocha, AST, blu-ray, 20 wheels, HK audio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page