S Package thread Poll. Place your votes now!! - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
View Poll Results: S package thread moved and stickied
(YES) Heck ya! I want my S package to have it's own sticky man! 12 60.00%
(NO) Really? Let's just sticky all the threads while we're at it... 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

S Package thread Poll. Place your votes now!!

Hey S package fans. I received this message from a fellow S Package fan and soon to be owner........

"Hi Mod,

Question: Can we make a sticky somewhere for those of us with the specific "S" package Pacifica? For example, maybe in the forum with the different color Pacificas? There is a thread for the S model in the general forum, but just throwing that out there where we can post pics of our cars, etc.

Anyway, just seeing if can do, thanks!"

Would you like the S Package thread to have it's own sticky so it can forever remain at the top of the Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Photos and Videos thread with the rest of the color line up? Place your vote now because the poll closes in 7 days!
craig likes this.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.

Last edited by irpilot; 01-26-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 01:43 PM

Garage
Sure, why not. Only if Non-S pkg owners can participate too, lol. It's too late for me to get one but I like looking at them
Longtimemopar likes this.

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited - Bright White w/ Alloy Nappa Leather Seats
Advanced SafetyTech, Tri-Pane Sunroof w/ Captain Chairs (7 passenger), 20" Aluminum Wheels, "13 Speaker" Alpine Sound System,
MOPAR All-Weather Slush Floor Mats, Rayno Phantom S9/Air7090 Window Tint
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 02:15 PM

Garage
I wonder who sent that PM to the mod :-/ [Hahaha]
irpilot likes this.

2018 Touring L Plus - Granite Crystal Metallic / "S" Appearance / Black & Light Diesel Gray / 20" Black Noise Wheels / Advanced Safety Tech / Tri-Panoramic Sunroof / Uconnect Theater / 20 Speaker Harman Kardon / Hands-Free Doors / 3D MAXpider Mats / HID+LED Conversion / Rayno Phantom S9 Nano-Ceramic Tint / Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam / Thule Motion XXL Roof Box / Lifetime Max Care Warranty / Tire & Wheel Warranty

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

I’m not against it in the Photos and Videos thread since there are already stickies for each of the color choices there. I do like keeping stickies to a minimum in other areas though. It drives me nuts when I go to other forums and have to scroll through dozens of stickies at the top of every screen!
irpilot likes this.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 12:58 PM

Garage
It actually touches a larger question of the forum structure and moderation. IMHO it has to many sections, and relevant information is getting hard to find. People are posting all over the place, I am too sometimes have a difficulty selecting a correct section. Such forum may only work if moderators constantly monitor the forum and move new threads where they belong. The best example are the countless uConnect threads spread over no fewer than five sections.
coppee, seo68 and froglips like this.

*** 2018 Hybrid Limited ***
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 02:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
It actually touches a larger question of the forum structure and moderation. IMHO it has to many sections, and relevant information is getting hard to find. People are posting all over the place, I am too sometimes have a difficulty selecting a correct section. Such forum may only work if moderators constantly monitor the forum and move new threads where they belong. The best example are the countless uConnect threads spread over no fewer than five sections.
It will take some effort to address. Another example is when a member wants to post their brand new ride, shouldn't it go in the "Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Owners Registry And Check In Area" Thread? But it's not very obvious to do so and then they end up posting in the General forums because it's the most popular thread. Then those who do post in the "correct" section will not get as many views. Because of this structure I end up mainly browsing under "New Posts" or "Recent Discussions"

Then for the S pkg thread, will a new one be created strictly for Photos and Video? Or will the original thread just be moved and stickied?

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited - Bright White w/ Alloy Nappa Leather Seats
Advanced SafetyTech, Tri-Pane Sunroof w/ Captain Chairs (7 passenger), 20" Aluminum Wheels, "13 Speaker" Alpine Sound System,
MOPAR All-Weather Slush Floor Mats, Rayno Phantom S9/Air7090 Window Tint

Last edited by coppee; 01-31-2018 at 02:44 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppee View Post
It will take some effort to address. Another example is when a member wants to post their brand new ride, shouldn't it go in the "Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Owners Registry And Check In Area" Thread? But it's not very obvious to do so and then they end up posting in the General forums because it's the most popular thread. Then those who do post in the "correct" section will not get as many views. Because of this structure I end up mainly browsing under "New Posts" or "Recent Discussions"

Then for the S pkg thread, will a new one be created strictly for Photos and Video? Or will the original thread just be moved and stickied?
We'd move it to the sticky thread referenced in this poll.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.

Last edited by irpilot; 01-31-2018 at 07:04 PM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop-eject View Post
I actually think we need more moderators. The admins don't do any forum cleaning and so it's left to just 2 moderators. I just spend the better part of the last 2 hours cleaning duplicate threads and threads that are placed in the wrong sub forums. You don't want to know how many times I've told people to use the search function before creating a thread when the same exact thread already exists. Maybe we made a mistake by allowing new members to create threads from their very first post. Maybe if we had left the 10 post block, it would force people to search instead. If you want an exciting career in repeating the same thing over and over again, don't hesitate to contact the admins and tell them you want to be a moderator. In fact, maybe we can get a few of you guys to become mods so I can take a break for a while. Also, if you have suggestions that can make the forum better structured, feel free to contact the admins and let them know.

...and finally to answer your last concern, the uconnect threads...I have a hard time merging them because they are spread between hybrid and non hybrid sections and I don't own a hybrid so I don't know if the issues are the same between both platforms.

@generaltso . Would love to get some feedback from the only other mod about above post.

Last edited by irpilot; 01-31-2018 at 09:43 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpilot View Post
The admins don't do any forum cleaning and so it's left to just 2 moderators.
I didn't realize that, but now that you mention it, you two are the only ones I've seen. You're doing a remarkably good job - many thanks.
irpilot, coppee, Sweetee and 1 others like this.

2018 Bright White Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Ordered: 15 SEP 2017
VIN: 19 SEP 2017
D1: 19 SEP 2017
Build sheet: 25 SEP 2017
JS: 28 SEP 2017
SL: 28 OCT 2017
KZ: 29 OCT 2017
Sticker: 30 OCT 2017
Dealer: 21 NOV 2017
Possession: 28 NOV 2017
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 01:23 PM

Garage
I think that merging threads is too much work, and the resulting long threads with several independent conversations are hard to read. Moving threads to the appropriate sections would be adequate.
Many sections are not needed, they are redundant or have low usage. I would get rid of most of the sections with fewer than 50 threads.

*** 2018 Hybrid Limited ***

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in