Front Bucket Seat Not Wide Enough, Anyone Else? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

Front Bucket Seat Not Wide Enough, Anyone Else?

I was wondering if others are finding out that their bucket seat is not as comfortable as they thought it would be. It seems to be a nicely designed seat however I don't think it is wide enough on the bottom. My previous van was a Ford Freestar and I didn't have this problem. I am not obese, just a big guy. For the record I have the black cloth alloy interior but I don't think there is an issue, just mentioning it. The lumbar support is nice since I never had that before. Obviously on short local trips it's not real bad but on long trips this is going to be a serious problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 07:29 AM

I felt the same going from the 2014 Town and Country Limited to the 2017 Pacifica Limited. Mine is not here yet as I ordered one, but I have "borrowed" 4 Pacifica Limiteds from the dealer in the meantime waiting on mine. It seems to be not as soft, but after this question arose on these forums a couple of months ago, I thought uh, oh. Well in the meantime, I really didn't take it as uncomfortable and I am thinking mine will soften over time.......Yes their is a diff but, not in a bad way.

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 08:43 AM

We had a Ford Freestyle (SUV) a few years ago, and it was most uncomfortable to drive in. I had no room to move my feet and legs to a comfortable position and from what I remember, the seats were a bit stiff and cramped. I was happy with the leg room and comfort of our 2014 T&C (just that black leather doesn't work well with the Arizona heat), and I'm totally pleased with our Pacifica seats, it seems like I've got enough room to be comfortable.

Don (ezdays) Day

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

I hope they soften up over time, in the meantime I purchased a gel seat over at Costco for $18.99 plus tax and I will be butt testing it for a while and will report back.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 08:20 PM

I had the same impression when I test drove a Touring -- the seat wasn't quite as wide as I would have expected. Certainly not as perfect as the seat in my old school Pacifica.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTouring View Post
I hope they soften up over time, in the meantime I purchased a gel seat over at Costco for $18.99 plus tax and I will be butt testing it for a while and will report back.

This thread is ancient, but if you're still around--what did you think of that car seat cover?

I have only had my pacifica for a couple of weeks, but have started to notice how firm the seat is in comparison to other vehicles (and in particular my '06 town and country I drove before this). I agree with you on the firmness, but have the opposite complain in seat width--I think they are way too wide and I have no lateral support and slide around in the seat on turns, etc.

A seat cushion or a padded seat cover sounds like an appealing idea...

2018 Touring L Plus | Copper Pearl | S Pkg
Advanced Safety Tec / Hands-Free Doors / Towing / Keysense

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page