Request pic of spare tire in stow n go well - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citanic View Post
Wise words. I just wanted to point that there is another side in this coin. Before the Pacifica I was a believer of having a spare tire (mandatory). The Pacifica showed me that "other side of the coin" that I never had the need to analyze. I'm currently travelling at least 8 times a year round trips of around 600 miles using country roads with parts where you do not see a gas stations for 20 miles or more. I do not feel risky those trips without a spare tire. Again every person is a different universe and I can't claim that my opinion is the "best" and the "only one" (I'm not the president ). My opinion, in this case, based on my experience is just another of the available possible ways to resolve one problem: what to do if you get a flat?
Doesn't that goo stuff ruin the TPMS?

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Billet Silver/Alloy
Advanced SafetyTec

2017 Chevy Volt LT
Best Single-Charge EV Range (no gas): 76 miles
Current MPGe: 108
Current Miles: 40,000+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 08:45 PM

I insisted on a spare tire, because the last 2 flat tires I had were 1 dented rim and 1 cracked rim (2 different cars).
Goo in a can won't help you if rim is damaged.
Now that I have a spare, I know I will never need it.
phillipr likes this.

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM

Reviving a dead thread, but I got my spare tire kit in my stow n go well. It took a month to get the tire as they are out of stock everywhere. Fits perfectly. We take road trips that put us out in the middle of nowhere (15, 40, 395) and having a spare for the trip is a huge comfort. I've had multiple flats in the past that could not be fixed with sealant (hole too big, sidewall puncture, etc).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190801_193136.jpg (179.9 KB, 13 views)
SciTchr likes this.

2019 Limited S (gas), black on black on black.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Today, 01:25 AM

Thanks. Just wondering how far can you drive on that tire? Suppose you are on an out of state trip spanning several states, can you put that tire and complete your journey and change it after reaching your home town?

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Today, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Thanks. Just wondering how far can you drive on that tire? Suppose you are on an out of state trip spanning several states, can you put that tire and complete your journey and change it after reaching your home town?
You probably won't want to drive on the inflatable spare tire any farther than you have to. Most people would get the full-sized tire fixed or replaced as soon as possible since it would be taking up extra space in the van (the full-sized tire won't fit in the stow and go well or in the place in the back where the inflatable spare can be stowed in some vans).

The owner's manual says to have the full-sized tire repaired or replaced as soon as possible. It seems like a reduced speed (50 mph) is usually recommended with a less than full-sized spare as well.

According to the owner's manual, "The tire service kit (goo) will provide a temporary tire seal, allowing you to drive your vehicle up to 100 miles (160 km) with a maximum speed of 50 mph (80 km/h)."

My reason for having an inflatable spare tire would be to have more options if I have a flat tire. I hope that I could drive more than 100 miles on the inflatable spare if needed to get to a place to get the full-sized tire repaired or replaced.

Here are some other spare tire threads for those interested:
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...to_threadtools

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; Today at 02:27 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page