2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Request pic of spare tire in stow n go well

20K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  SciTchr 
#1 ·
Hi,

I know some folks are ordering a spare tire and leaving it in the stow n go well. It sounds like it fits okay. I'm curious if the floor stays flat once it's closed over top of the spare tire/wheel. Or does the tire and wheel cause the floor to bump up a bit. Can anyone grab a few pictures and post here to show me what it looks like?

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
Hi,

I know some folks are ordering a spare tire and leaving it in the stow n go well. It sounds like it fits okay. I'm curious if the floor stays flat once it's closed over top of the spare tire/wheel. Or does the tire and wheel cause the floor to bump up a bit. Can anyone grab a few pictures and post here to show me what it looks like? Thanks!
Here is a link to a photo of a spare tire in a stow n go well. There is a lot of information in that thread and other related threads. Try to check the search bar even though I know that it takes awhile to find things. From what I've read, I assume the floor stays flat. My spare tire is in the cargo area side panel area that was designed for the spare.

http://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/32682-post25.html

#4 ·
#6 ·
If one does read the suggested thread it is hard to ignore those that found value in having had their spare. I would continue to believe each owner should examine their particular use of their (exp., Remote Destinations) vehicle to determine their decision on to buy or not to buy. There is not one correct answer for all owners.

#5 ·
Thanks for all the pics. Once I buy a van, I’m pretty sure I’ll buy the spare tire for our long road trips. I don’t think I’ll have it there all the time, but it provides peace of mind when we are far from home. We do have a few dirt roads we need to drive on.

#10 · (Edited)
I picked one up on eBay and put it in the stow-n-go bay on the passenger side, thinking if I'm ever pulled over with a flat, being on the passenger side would safely put me on the shoulder away from traffic. Floor cover is perfectly flat when closed and it is quiet even with the floor jack set to the side as shown in wisejd's photo - no rattling.

#12 ·
I insisted on a spare tire, because the last 2 flat tires I had were 1 dented rim and 1 cracked rim (2 different cars).
Goo in a can won't help you if rim is damaged.
Now that I have a spare, I know I will never need it.

Reactions: phillipr
#13 ·
Reviving a dead thread, but I got my spare tire kit in my stow n go well. It took a month to get the tire as they are out of stock everywhere. Fits perfectly. We take road trips that put us out in the middle of nowhere (15, 40, 395) and having a spare for the trip is a huge comfort. I've had multiple flats in the past that could not be fixed with sealant (hole too big, sidewall puncture, etc).

Attachments

Reactions: SciTchr
#14 ·
Thanks. Just wondering how far can you drive on that tire? Suppose you are on an out of state trip spanning several states, can you put that tire and complete your journey and change it after reaching your home town?

#15 · (Edited)
You probably won't want to drive on the inflatable spare tire any farther than you have to. Most people would get the full-sized tire fixed or replaced as soon as possible since it would be taking up extra space in the van (the full-sized tire won't fit in the stow and go well or in the place in the back where the inflatable spare can be stowed in some vans).

The owner's manual says to have the full-sized tire repaired or replaced as soon as possible. It seems like a reduced speed (50 mph) is usually recommended with a less than full-sized spare as well.

According to the owner's manual, "The tire service kit (goo) will provide a temporary tire seal, allowing you to drive your vehicle up to 100 miles (160 km) with a maximum speed of 50 mph (80 km/h)."

My reason for having an inflatable spare tire would be to have more options if I have a flat tire. I hope that I could drive more than 100 miles on the inflatable spare if needed to get to a place to get the full-sized tire repaired or replaced.

Here are some other spare tire threads for those interested:
https://www.pacificaforums.com/foru...spare-tire-usage.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools
https://www.pacificaforums.com/foru...re-tire-optional.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools
https://www.pacificaforums.com/foru...re-tire-vs-donut.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.