Request pic of spare tire in stow n go well - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Request pic of spare tire in stow n go well

Hi,

I know some folks are ordering a spare tire and leaving it in the stow n go well. It sounds like it fits okay. I'm curious if the floor stays flat once it's closed over top of the spare tire/wheel. Or does the tire and wheel cause the floor to bump up a bit. Can anyone grab a few pictures and post here to show me what it looks like?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyseal View Post
Hi,

I know some folks are ordering a spare tire and leaving it in the stow n go well. It sounds like it fits okay. I'm curious if the floor stays flat once it's closed over top of the spare tire/wheel. Or does the tire and wheel cause the floor to bump up a bit. Can anyone grab a few pictures and post here to show me what it looks like? Thanks!
Here is a link to a photo of a spare tire in a stow n go well. There is a lot of information in that thread and other related threads. Try to check the search bar even though I know that it takes awhile to find things. From what I've read, I assume the floor stays flat. My spare tire is in the cargo area side panel area that was designed for the spare.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/32682-post25.html

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; 05-09-2018 at 11:10 AM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 11:07 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyseal View Post
Hi,

I know some folks are ordering a spare tire and leaving it in the stow n go well. It sounds like it fits okay. I'm curious if the floor stays flat once it's closed over top of the spare tire/wheel. Or does the tire and wheel cause the floor to bump up a bit. Can anyone grab a few pictures and post here to show me what it looks like?

Thanks!
The floor stays nice and flat just as if nothing was in the compartment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4849.jpg (111.6 KB, 236 views)
SciTchr, GoWFO and craig like this.

2017 Pacifica Limited
Red, Fully Loaded 8-Passenger

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 03:35 PM

Garage
Before you waste your money and that valuable space in your van I would recommend you to read this thread where many explained why you should not be worry about driving without a spare tire.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/...-vs-donut.html

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Safety Package is the way to Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

March 2018< 2018 Pacifica Touring L +
2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the pics. Once I buy a van, Iím pretty sure Iíll buy the spare tire for our long road trips. I donít think Iíll have it there all the time, but it provides peace of mind when we are far from home. We do have a few dirt roads we need to drive on.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 07:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by citanic View Post
Before you waste your money and that valuable space in your van I would recommend you to read this thread where many explained why you should not be worry about driving without a spare tire.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/...-vs-donut.html
If one does read the suggested thread it is hard to ignore those that found value in having had their spare. I would continue to believe each owner should examine their particular use of their (exp., Remote Destinations) vehicle to determine their decision on to buy or not to buy. There is not one correct answer for all owners.
SciTchr and citanic like this.

2017 Pacifica Limited
Red, Fully Loaded 8-Passenger
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 07:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisejd View Post
If one does read the suggested thread it is hard to ignore those that found value in having had their spare. I would continue to believe each owner should examine their particular use of their (exp., Remote Destinations) vehicle to determine their decision on to buy or not to buy. There is not one correct answer for all owners.
Wise words. I just wanted to point that there is another side in this coin. Before the Pacifica I was a believer of having a spare tire (mandatory). The Pacifica showed me that "other side of the coin" that I never had the need to analyze. I'm currently travelling at least 8 times a year round trips of around 600 miles using country roads with parts where you do not see a gas stations for 20 miles or more. I do not feel risky those trips without a spare tire. Again every person is a different universe and I can't claim that my opinion is the "best" and the "only one" (I'm not the president ). My opinion, in this case, based on my experience is just another of the available possible ways to resolve one problem: what to do if you get a flat?

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Safety Package is the way to Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

March 2018< 2018 Pacifica Touring L +
2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 04:44 PM
smk

Thanks for the picture! is this a 20" or 18" wheel?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smk View Post
Thanks for the picture! is this a 20" or 18" wheel?
I think that there is only one size of spare wheel (regardless of the size of rims your van came with).

Pat
17 Pacifica Touring L

Previous vans:
08 T&C Touring
00 T&C 3.8
95 GV 3.3
89 Caravan 3.0
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 06:33 AM

I picked one up on eBay and put it in the stow-n-go bay on the passenger side, thinking if I'm ever pulled over with a flat, being on the passenger side would safely put me on the shoulder away from traffic. Floor cover is perfectly flat when closed and it is quiet even with the floor jack set to the side as shown in wisejd's photo - no rattling.

SciTchr and wisejd like this.

2018 Jazz Blue/Toffee Touring L +
AST, Hands Free Doors, All Weather Mats

Last edited by moose78; 09-29-2018 at 07:01 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page