Liftgate hits top of garage door - adjustable? - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 02:15 PM

Garage
I ended up putting a bead of silicone chalk all along the metal cross bar of the door. It barley touches anyway and this keeps it from scratching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
I'm 6'2" and (if I don't duck) will always hit my forehead on the liftgate when parking on flat and level ground. How can you be 6'3" and clear it? Is my liftgate defective? Can anyone else confirm a 6'3" clearance? This has always been a major gripe coming from a Lexus RX hybrid where I had plenty of clearance when the tailgate was open.
We're probably picking nits here. If I stand erect I will hit the tailgate. However (unlike with my Odyssey), my natural slouch when approaching the opened rear causes me to miss the edge. Perhaps you tend to stand taller in the same situation.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 06:04 PM

Waldo is a metric 6'3".
You are SAE 6'2".

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
Waldo is a metric 6'3".
You are SAE 6'2".
Also, I seldom wear these.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 12:32 PM

Some half-solutions:
-If your garage is deep enough, try backing in. The opened garage door usually stops to the point that clearance in the interior of the garage us usually about 8-10'.
-Get multiple pool noodles or foam pipe insulator tubes, cut in half, lengthwise, double stick taped to the the garage door (or wherever the liftgate would hit) in the same direction as the van is parked, should probaby protect the vehicle. If the door opens up, it would hit foam, not a hard surface.

I, for one, am happy for a higher opening to avoid the constant bumping my Toyota does to me. That liftgate tops out at about 5'11".
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 08:40 PM

Thumbs up

I like the rear door opening height on my 19 PAC. Touring L+
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 11:26 PM

I have a "thing on a string" to park my Blue Monster so there is about 2 inches when the garage door is closed. I also discovered recently that I could stop the liftgate power and release the gate. I have a cut off rake handle that has a soft sponge wrap on it and use that to protect the gate when it comes up and hits the garage door frame. Works very well.
Now here is a paranoid thought for you. I never park the cars in backwards. I am sure if I ever did, that would be the one in a million times that I have started a car, there would be a spark out the pipe that would burn the garage and house down after I drive away....

2018 Limited gas is already loaded. Ocean blue w/Black-Diesel Interior. Build date Friday the 13th, 4/18. Lifetime Warranty. Lots of extras.
2019 Ford F-150 XLT added to the garage on 3/5/2019. Many mods done since.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 02:48 PM

Sort of an old thread - not sure how I didn't pick up on this sooner. So - If the van is unlocked and you press the handle it will start to open on it's own, press it again immediately and it cancels the automatic open and allows you to open it manually. Also works if the van is Locked - Press once to unlock, again to open, and a third time quickly to cancel the auto open and manually open.
Johnnyma45 likes this.

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Sort of an old thread - not sure how I didn't pick up on this sooner. So - If the van is unlocked and you press the handle it will start to open on it's own, press it again immediately and it cancels the automatic open and allows you to open it manually. Also works if the van is Locked - Press once to unlock, again to open, and a third time quickly to cancel the auto open and manually open.
Also:
If you open the liftgate to where you'd like it to stop all the time, then hold down on the little button (located on the left side in the trunk) that usually closes it, until it beeps, then it will always open to the spot you left it at.

(credit to Steven M on the Facebook PacHy group)
Lily, lashton and Johnnyma45 like this.

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Also:
If you open the liftgate to where you'd like it to stop all the time, then hold down on the little button (located on the left side in the trunk) that usually closes it, until it beeps, then it will always open to the spot you left it at.

(credit to Steven M on the Facebook PacHy group)
Possibly on the newer models, but my 2017, this is not the case. If they finally got it figured out for the newer models, that’s great. All it is should be some programming code, I was upset ours doesn’t have this feature being 10 years newer than our old Q7 that had this exact feature for the liftgate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page