Liftgate hits top of garage door - adjustable? - Page 4 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Sort of an old thread - not sure how I didn't pick up on this sooner. So - If the van is unlocked and you press the handle it will start to open on it's own, press it again immediately and it cancels the automatic open and allows you to open it manually. Also works if the van is Locked - Press once to unlock, again to open, and a third time quickly to cancel the auto open and manually open.
Also:
If you open the liftgate to where you'd like it to stop all the time, then hold down on the little button (located on the left side in the trunk) that usually closes it, until it beeps, then it will always open to the spot you left it at.

(credit to Steven M on the Facebook PacHy group)
Wow. So they finally solved the mystery problem which has been thorn in the bu** for many owners. Any idea from which model year is this procedure applicable?
Is it only for Pachy’s ?

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Wow. So they finally solved the mystery problem which has been thorn in the bu** for many owners. Any idea from which model year is this procedure applicable?
Is it only for Pachy’s ?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your questions, I was just passing on a post from the Facebook group. I am embarrassed to admit that I haven't actually tested this on my van, since the height of the lift gate is not an issue in my garage.

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your questions, I was just passing on a post from the Facebook group. I am embarrassed to admit that I haven't actually tested this on my van, since the height of the lift gate is not an issue in my garage.
The question was only meant as an FYI to others who do have the issue. I don’t have the problem either, so never tested this solution. Thanks.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:43 PM

This didn’t work on my ‘19 PacHy either unfortunately (maybe fortunately as I don’t want to give up any clearance under it when I’m loading stuff).

I am going to try cleaning out directly in front of the van so I can pull in another foot or so and see if that gets me the clearance I need to not worry about it hitting. I set my garage to open as much as it can and the lowest panel of the garage still barely touches the rear wiper cap.

2019 PacHy Limited
Ocean Blue "S"
Safety pack
Pany Roof
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Sort of an old thread - not sure how I didn't pick up on this sooner. So - If the van is unlocked and you press the handle it will start to open on it's own, press it again immediately and it cancels the automatic open and allows you to open it manually. Also works if the van is Locked - Press once to unlock, again to open, and a third time quickly to cancel the auto open and manually open.
Also:
If you open the liftgate to where you'd like it to stop all the time, then hold down on the little button (located on the left side in the trunk) that usually closes it, until it beeps, then it will always open to the spot you left it at.

(credit to Steven M on the Facebook PacHy group)
Is it only for Pachy’s ?
^ I just pulled into the garage and remember about this gave it a try and it did not work on mine

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old Today, 01:16 AM

I've also tried the same on my 2019 Pac Hy Limited, does not appear to work. The person in the FB group looks like he bought his Pacifica in May 2019--possibly a mid-year improvement?

I tried these steps a few times:
- Push the rear hatch release on the rear hatch
- Push the rear hatch release again to get it into "manual" mode
- Stopped/held the rear hatch open at the point where i want it (tested a few different heights)
- Held down the square inside hatch button for (seconds)

No confirmation beep, no change in the opening height.

I'm also interested in making a permanent change on the liftgate height. Has anyone figured out if the gas cylinder stop is adjustable?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page